: Homelink Question

svtbolt2001
06-24-08, 10:19 AM
My CTS-V didn't come with an owners manual so until i order it i may need some help with some features. One is homelink. How do i clear all the codes in it and set it to learn my garage door opener?

Thanks

Bueller
06-24-08, 11:03 AM
www.cadillacfaq.com is your friend.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/homelink.html

You can also search this forum and find most answers.

tedcmiller
06-25-08, 08:05 AM
One problem that is not mentioned here or in the FAQs is the fact that new (a relative term for me since I experienced the problem only after buying a 2008 DTS) Cadillacs use a Homelink system that operates on a different frequency from older garage door openers. The result is that the garage door opener in the vehicle cannot be programmed to operate the garage door.

The solution is to get another transceiver that uses the new frequency and can be connected to the push-button contacts on the old opener. This allows the new remote in the car to work, and all of the old remotes still work.

Lear provided the new remote in the '08 DTS and sent me a tranceiver like that described above for free. I don't know when Cadillac switched over or on which models, but it is something to consider.

50 4Ever
06-25-08, 12:47 PM
One problem that is not mentioned here or in the FAQs is the fact that new (a relative term for me since I experienced the problem only after buying a 2008 DTS) Cadillacs use a Homelink system that operates on a different frequency from older garage door openers. The result is that the garage door opener in the vehicle cannot be programmed to operate the garage door.

The solution is to get another transceiver that uses the new frequency and can be connected to the push-button contacts on the old opener. This allows the new remote in the car to work, and all of the old remotes still work.

Lear provided the new remote in the '08 DTS and sent me a tranceiver like that described above for free. I don't know when Cadillac switched over or on which models, but it is something to consider.

I don't know if this is related but in my '08 Z06 the Homelink is not really a Homelink, it looks like one but is made by someone else and it will not work with all the remotes a real Homelink will. :cookoo: Why did they switch? Probably to save a few pennies...

tedcmiller
06-25-08, 09:28 PM
Lear is the manufacturer of the new remote opener system (they have a web site). They also have a telephone number which was on a sticker on the little panel containing the three remote buttons and in the owner's manual. I assume that you can find the same number of the web site. As I said they were very helpful and sent me a transceiver that worked with the new remote for free.

tyehun
06-25-08, 10:02 PM
You can find the owners manual and the navagation manual online by going to mygmlink.com

freemaSSon
06-25-08, 10:23 PM
the new cadillacs do not have the HOMELINK it is LEAR CAR2U.....i had to order this Conversion Module (http://learcar2u.com/conversionmodule/) to work with my '08 LADE

if it is in deed homelink, hold the outside buttons for 20 seconds when the lights start flashing the memory is cleared.....then hold a single button for 5 seconds and it will start flashing slowly then hold your remote within 3 inches of the buttons.....while still holding the button down press and hold the remote button.....when the homelink button begins to change from a SLOW flash to a RAPID flash the system has accepted the remote code......then go to the opener press the LEARN button then go to the car and press the newly programed button to register with the opener then it should operate, if that does not fix your problem then i would bet it is the CAR2U system in the car which is not compatable with all openers and you will need the same module i had to buy.....

LanceCTS-V
06-29-08, 02:41 PM
go to homelink.com watch video its easy.

1badassv
06-29-08, 03:21 PM
i pressed the onstar button and the lady thier helped me. i had onstar though

hevnbnd
03-04-10, 09:50 PM
To bring up an old thread...Well I do believe my 04 cts-v now has a LEAR CAR2U... I got my visor replaced not to long ago under warranty and the new one has three lights one over each button... Just confirmed it is a Lear Car2U spent half an hour trying to get the homelink to work....