: After resetting TPMS all tires now show 0 pressure!

TAWoody
06-23-08, 11:14 PM
I finally figured out how to reset my Tire Pressure Monitoring System tonight and I successfully reprogrammed all of the tires per the directions. But when I went into the DIC to look at the tire pressures, they all show 0! What's going on here? I finished the process in well under 5 minutes, it honked at me after each tire, and the low pressure light was still flashing when I turned the ignition to the LOCK position. So what am I missing here? 2 of the tires had working pressures before this and the other 2 I believe were not programmed when I got the truck and both read 0.

Any ideas?:hmm:

hcvone
06-24-08, 06:38 AM
You have to drive your truck once you reset the pressure sensors, you have to get going about 15 mph and they should all be working and reading pressure at that point, the beep when you are resetting them it just making sure they are reset, once you get readings come back and set the pressure with a good tire gauge.

TAWoody
06-24-08, 01:27 PM
You have to drive your truck once you reset the pressure sensors, you have to get going about 15 mph and they should all be working and reading pressure at that point, the beep when you are resetting them it just making sure they are reset, once you get readings come back and set the pressure with a good tire gauge.

BAM! And that did it. As soon as I started driving this morning they came back up with the pressures. I wish the manual said that rather than leaving you guessing...kind of dumb.

Thanks hcvone

hcvone
06-24-08, 04:04 PM
Anytime. Yea it's not real clear, guess they think you should take a trip to your dealer. :banghead:

Patrick7997
06-28-08, 02:18 PM
/sarcasm mode ON
Yeah, what were you thinking, asking a question on the internet???

If you have a question, you should go to your dealer....

/sarcasm mode OFF

Sorry, couldn't resist.... I had the same thing happen when I had my C5.... so don't feel bad.

hcvone
06-30-08, 08:36 AM
/sarcasm mode ON
Yeah, what were you thinking, asking a question on the internet???

If you have a question, you should go to your dealer....

/sarcasm mode OFF

Sorry, couldn't resist.... I had the same thing happen when I had my C5.... so don't feel bad.

With the C5 you need the magnet, I know I have 5 of them, and for the C6 you need a reset tool like the Tech II tool or a Bartec. ;)

TAWoody
07-02-08, 01:45 AM
You guys are great, but now I still have a problem with this. I've inflated all of my tires up to 30 psi which is what the sticker on the door jam says. But I'm still getting the "Check tire pressure" message when I start it up all the time and the Low Pressure indicator light stays on all the time. I know the car is sensing all of the tires correctly, so why is it still saying that one of the tires is low? :confused:

hcvone
07-02-08, 08:09 AM
You have checked them with a tire guage and they are all good, have not heard of that before. :confused:

TAWoody
07-02-08, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the tire gauge reads 30 for them all too

hcvone
07-02-08, 03:49 PM
May need to disconnect the battery for 10 miuntes, if you do this make sure the radio and HVAC system are turned off. :)

TAWoody
07-06-08, 08:25 PM
I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes but forgot to turn the radio and hvac off. Was that only for the battery drain that it wasn't a good idea? Anyways, the system came up and all tires read 0. So it reset itself. The low tire pressure light was FINALLY turned off. BUT, after an hour I came back and the light was ON AGAIN and the tire pressures were being sensed correctly.

So I don't think that worked. The only last thing I can think of is to reprogram the tires again but I doubt that will do anything.

Any other ideas before I have a dealership look at it next time I'm in?

Superjim
07-06-08, 09:35 PM
I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes but forgot to turn the radio and hvac off. Was that only for the battery drain that it wasn't a good idea? Anyways, the system came up and all tires read 0. So it reset itself. The low tire pressure light was FINALLY turned off. BUT, after an hour I came back and the light was ON AGAIN and the tire pressures were being sensed correctly.

So I don't think that worked. The only last thing I can think of is to reprogram the tires again but I doubt that will do anything.

Any other ideas before I have a dealership look at it next time I'm in?

When you programmed them the first time... did it beep TWICE when you did the drivers side rear tire?
If not... I would suggest doing it again. If that don't work, take it to the dealer. Being an '06 I assume it is still under warranty.

Texas Jim

hcvone
07-07-08, 07:22 AM
I should have put in my post that you should reset the tire pressure sensors after you reconnect the battery, but usually disconnecting it fixes the problem. :(

TAWoody
07-07-08, 11:01 AM
When you programmed them the first time... did it beep TWICE when you did the drivers side rear tire?
If not... I would suggest doing it again. If that don't work, take it to the dealer. Being an '06 I assume it is still under warranty.

Texas Jim

I don't remember if it beeped twice or once. But when I got back to the ignition the light was still flashing so I thought I was good. And there's no warranty, it's got more than 60k miles already. Otherwise I would have taken it in long ago.