: Aftermarket Stereo...Need some help. *ADVANCED*

Spunkz
06-23-08, 05:50 PM
I'm looking to install my aftermarket kenwood head unit, considering my current stock unit has a stuck CD and the tape player doesn't even work.

BUT I'm wanting to do it all without one single Adapter or extra plug ins. The car is a 1994 Cadillac Deville Concour. Has an amp in the back behind the seat.

So basically it's going to be pretty hard to do, just wondering who else has done it? Also if there are any wiring schematics? Also how possible/impossible is this to do?

still_walkin
06-29-08, 09:00 AM
well basically you need to wire the amp to the aftermarket radio so youll need a 17ft rca to be on the safe side and depending on your amp youll need a amp kit so we will need the model on your amp. also to wire your radio is the diagram
1994 Cadillac Sedan Deville Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Rear
Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

also whta re you pluggging the amp to your interior speakers or subs let me know if you need any more help

Spunkz
07-08-08, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the mssg =) Well I have the bose system with the amp and i was wondering how to get that to jive with my aftermarket head unit? What Harnesses do I need? and all that.

Thanks =)

still_walkin
07-08-08, 01:33 AM
On the bose your car has a built in amp and you have to bypass it so your have to rewire to the aftermarket radio to the speakers the factory amp will enterfere with the afternmarkets radio. On the wiring harness ebay has them or you can splice the factory wiring with the aftermarket radio. Don't cut them completly unless you don't want to go back to factory in the future.

Spunkz
07-08-08, 01:44 AM
http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b0/41/8814_1.JPG

Is that it??

still_walkin
07-09-08, 06:37 AM
no that not it i was refering a wiring harness to the receiver. all you need is a 17 tf rca and a spool of 14-16 guage speaker wire to rewire fro the receiver to the speakers so you can bypass the factory amp