: New to forum, tinting question

shimy86
06-23-08, 12:49 PM
HI guys, new on the forum. got my 3rd STS last month. A black 05, I had a red 97, then a cashmere 01. Any way I want to tint the windows and wondered about the best percent of shade to go with. I like it dark but dont want to deal with getting stopped for it. I live in WI and I think I can get away with 35% legally but that seams pretty light to me?? Any pic's would be great!

trackmasterdlb
06-23-08, 05:30 PM
I went with 35% on mine...just dark enough to look real nice, but not too dark to draw any police attention....

jmyrick
06-23-08, 08:34 PM
Just had my 06 done and I went with the brand called Huper optik. Do a google search and check them out. Living in Arizona, the sun is brutal out here. There is noticeable inside temp difference between my wifes 05 with conventional limo tint and the Huper Optik.

rb92gt
06-23-08, 10:12 PM
Here's mine with 35%LT all around. I like the look of the same light transmittance on all windows even though I could have done 20%LT on the rear door windows and rear window. I live in Florida where the sun shines all year and I am really happy with 35%. Can still see well at night unlike my other vehicle where I actually have had to roll down the side windows to see where the hell I was going while turning, lol.

Force-1
06-25-08, 08:41 PM
I went with 20% shoulders back, 35% front. Sun here in ABQ is damn hot and intense!

I agree that any darker up front makes it hard to see at night. My Mazda CX-9 is tinted 20% all the way around, and it can be difficult to see at night.

Zpak
06-25-08, 09:08 PM
Huper Optik as well with 35% .......Just Perfect....check it out on line.
Back and sides same 35%

Buzz48317
06-26-08, 02:03 AM
I have 35 all around on mine. I will take some pictures after I get it washed tomorrow as it is FILTHY at the moment as we have been having quite a bit or rain in the Great Lakes Region recently.