: Sad Day My 06 Is Junk!!

TO-QUIK-V
06-22-08, 10:16 PM
well short story but stopped at a redlight , lady hits us from behind doing45-55 didnt even hit the brakes,(got very lucky the wife and I didnt get hurt to bad) so the V is going to be totalled out,,,,,,,,,so my ? is whats it worth to buy it back if the drivetrain and the wheels r still good

heavymetals
06-22-08, 10:18 PM
Sorry for your loss but glad your both ok.

NormV
06-22-08, 10:20 PM
Search eBay for parts prices. You might be able to work deal with ins.

Glad everyone is ok! :)

Norm

Max-Q
06-22-08, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash and I'm glad everyone is okay. Check with the new guy on the forum I think he's looking for a nav system.

AlmostAV
06-22-08, 10:41 PM
engine alone is worth 4-5 wheels 1k

TO-QUIK-V
06-23-08, 12:29 AM
hey guys thanks for the responses, well see if the ins.co. tries to stick it to me if i want it back

the cadillac kid
06-23-08, 12:36 AM
you can make a good amount of money off that car...

upper grille, lower grille, bumper, engine, wheels, nav, fogs, sidemarkers, hood, rocker panels, etc etc etc. thats 10k right there.
lots of the non-v CTS guys are always looking for upgrades and spare parts. good luck with the insurance company.

and glad you're both safe.

lunarx
06-23-08, 03:03 AM
you can make a good amount of money off that car...

upper grille, lower grille, bumper, engine, wheels, nav, fogs, sidemarkers, hood, rocker panels, etc etc etc. thats 10k right there.
lots of the non-v CTS guys are always looking for upgrades and spare parts. good luck with the insurance company.

and glad you're both safe.

Glad to hear you are ok.
I hope the ins treats you right.

About the parts;

Don't forget the T56.
Those are gold.

An 06 Rear Diff would also be a valuable item (if low miles).

The brake calipers are desirable to certain import guys as a retrofit.

If you get the car back, I might be interested in some interior bits.

06-23-08, 06:31 AM
In the old days, salvage value was 20% of book value. An ins. co would total a car if repair costs exceeded 80% of book value....and let the owners buy it back for the salvage value. Is this no longer the case? I know that this was creating a cottage industry for the "tagging" market for stolen cars, but technology killed that business. But, the legitimate used parts industry should still love those salvage cars....

rand49er
06-23-08, 07:28 AM
Dibs on rear seats. :D

razl
06-23-08, 07:35 AM
Whew - glad to hear you're both alright, that's the important part!

the cadillac kid
06-23-08, 09:07 AM
dibs on side markers, grille, front two windows, & strut tower brace :D

gothicaleigh
06-23-08, 09:34 AM
To insurance adjuster: Oddest thing really, the T56 and LS2 evaporated upon impact. I hear it's a known issue, probably a GM bulletin on it somewheres... :shifty

Seriously though, good luck with the insurance company. Hope they treat you right.
So, what's the next ride going to be? Another V1 or are you going to hold out for V2?

Florian
06-23-08, 09:40 AM
engine alone is worth 4-5 wheels 1k

hardly...2K at best. :thehand:

F

thebigjimsho
06-23-08, 10:05 AM
Sucks to hear. Hope everything works out for you...

ROG
06-23-08, 10:27 AM
How about whiplash and settle for an 09 V!!! LOL

Sorry about the car but glad no one was hurt!!!!

CIWS
06-23-08, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear your V got smashed, but glad you were both Ok. Whiplash can be a biotch.

Pics of the crashed V ?

onebadcad
06-23-08, 12:57 PM
Sorry for your loss, glad you are okay.
Now a word of advice from someone who went through a four-year issue from a rear-end (okay, have fun with that) collision. Go see a doctor or a chiropractor, as you may have pain down the road, and you may end up getting sued, and you become less sympathetic to jurors if you had no injuries. Do not wait, as then you have to address that issue in court. I was car number one in a five-car pileup, and started receiving lawsuits within two weeks of the accident. Hopefully the LEO wrote a ticket for the other driver, but that did not happen for me, which is why I went through the ringer.

BTW, I have dibs on the calipers:).

lollygagger8
06-23-08, 01:43 PM
Glad you are ok. I'll take the diff! :)

Max-Q
06-23-08, 03:18 PM
dibs on side markers, grille, front two windows, & strut tower brace :D

If you need a strut tower brace I've got an LS6 one I'll sell you. Just PM me.

CTSV_Rob
06-23-08, 08:21 PM
Dibs on rear seats. :D
Did ya melt the crayons into them?

the cadillac kid
06-24-08, 12:12 AM
LS6 STB doesnt fit the non-V CTS, only LS2.

nope, i dont need it, i stripped my car of all the mods, but at a bargain price i woulda taken it and used the stuff for a little while :D