: Martin Cadillac, Los Angeles: Best Car-Buying Experience I've Ever Had

The_Judge
06-22-08, 09:16 PM
On June 10, 2008, I purchased a 2008 CTS from Martin Cadillac in West Los Angeles. The salesperson, Randy Isum, was polite, professional (30 years in the business), personable, easy to talk to, and very knowledgeable about the car as he drives the same model. Peter, the sales manager, was also very pleasant, easy to deal with, open to negotiation and suggestion, and accommodating to my need to dispose of another car. The woman who handled the financial paperwork was friendly, thorough, and efficient. That evening Randy personally delivered the car to my home 16 miles from the dealership, which I thought was above and beyond the call of duty.

What really struck me about the Martin Cadillac team, however, was the lack of pressure to buy and the absence of any attempt to talk me into something more expensive or to sell me LoJack, extended warrantees or anything of that nature. They listened to me and attempted to accommodate my needs.

Over the last few decades I've purchased four Mercedes, two Infinitis, an Acura, three Toyotas, a BMW, and one (very lousy) Dodge. I've always felt a little uneasy after completing the deals, as if the salespeople had somehow taken advantage of me, even when I managed to negotiate good deals. That wasn't the case at Martin. Rather, I felt that I had been treated fairly and with respect, and that we arrived at a deal that was reasonable and acceptable to both parties.

Cad Buff
10-03-08, 12:52 PM
Also the best place for service/repair. After risking even general maintenance at several brand name auto service establishments a important lesson was learned. If you want it done right the first time take it to the dealers service center. Martin has a fantastic team of auto technians. Always freindly and knowledgable. They spend time going over all work that was done and offer recommendations of what will need to be done in the near future. I will trust no one to do anything to my '98 Eldo but the Martin team. No one.

PAULSTSMAN1
10-12-08, 01:48 PM
Martin Cadillac is one of the GM factory Dealerships. It is run based upon a Cadillac Model developed by GM in the late 1970's. The dealership is one of the more successful Cadillac Dealerships on the West Coast, just behind Penske Cadillac.

Caddycrown_Hollywood
01-12-10, 06:05 PM
That's good to know for all you guys, but personally I have been treated like crap, and with lots of incompetence starting from my registration process (I had several problems with the DMV due to their misspelled info) to the payments all the way to servicing. No wonder they had an "F" at the BBB. They will never see me again. :(