: Center Console Video and Audio RCA Jacks

thewood
06-22-08, 06:10 PM
I have an 07 STS which also has the video in and audio L R in RCA jacks. The owner's manual doesn't have much to say about this so, what are the possible uses of this accessory?

Necrosan
06-22-08, 07:55 PM
PS3, ipod, whatever.

thewood
06-22-08, 08:53 PM
Anybody know if they make a 12v HDTV tuner?

Necrosan
06-22-08, 09:41 PM
Can't watch HDTV while moving in a vehicle.. Signal is incompatible or something like that. Any of the converter boxes for older tvs (namely "DTV") along with a power inverter should work just fine though if you're parked.

thewood
06-22-08, 10:55 PM
Can't watch HDTV while moving in a vehicle.. Signal is incompatible or something like that. Any of the converter boxes for older tvs (namely "DTV") along with a power inverter should work just fine though if you're parked.

I'm already aware that you can't watch video while out of park, I think that's a safty feature. When I'm on the road, I'd like to be able to take naps in the car and maybe watch the news. I don't know of any converter boxes that run off of a 12v system. Anybody using any?

still_walkin
06-29-08, 09:02 AM
I'm already aware that you can't watch video while out of park, I think that's a safty feature. When I'm on the road, I'd like to be able to take naps in the car and maybe watch the news. I don't know of any converter boxes that run off of a 12v system. Anybody using any?

actually you can watch tv will the cars not in park all you have to do is the wire on the harness labeled parking brake dont wire it into the cars braking system ground it and you can theres a loop hole to everything

thewood
06-29-08, 01:38 PM
actually you can watch tv will the cars not in park all you have to do is the wire on the harness labeled parking brake dont wire it into the cars braking system ground it and you can theres a loop hole to everything

I really don't care to remove the parking brake wire. That not the point of this thread, so lets keep on topic. I'm mainly trying to understand if I anybody has attached a digital TV converter to the video input jacks located on the console. Thanks.

still_walkin
06-29-08, 02:54 PM
I really don't care to remove the parking brake wire. That not the point of this thread, so lets keep on topic. I'm mainly trying to understand if I anybody has attached a digital TV converter to the video input jacks located on the console. Thanks.

Maybe you shoulda read all that I wrote I'm not telling you to take apart the brake. Ll I'm saying is you can watch tv while the car is in motion and on you harness its a cable labeled brake slpice it from the harness and ground and you can watch while the car is in drive. Don't get mad when someones trying to help you. All I know is my passengers can enjoy tv while my car is in motion good luck

thewood
06-29-08, 03:01 PM
Moderator, could you please delete the posts from still_walkin as they are off topic. Thanks.

first.cadillac
07-12-12, 06:06 PM
Still_walkin
i can get video in motion just without a lockpick on an 05 cadillac sts???
because it doesnt seem to be related to the brake but the second the car leaves park the video goes away

id be happy with either the stock nav to work in drive but even better if the video rca cable works in drive.

thanks

still_walkin
07-12-12, 06:11 PM
Idk about your make but what I do know is aftermarket decks they have a wire on the harness that's wired into the brake system so when the car is in motion. So if this wire is is grounded out this option won't work so it should be a simple fix if u can find the wire

tomm
08-02-12, 12:18 AM
Idk about your make but what I do know is aftermarket decks they have a wire on the harness that's wired into the brake system so when the car is in motion. So if this wire is is grounded out this option won't work so it should be a simple fix if u can find the wire

Not to keep an old thread going but to prevent someone from trying to find a brake wire to cut... There is NONE. All these vehicles from 2005 and on use the GM Lan Bus to communicate every aspect of the vehicle and its current state. Once you shift into gear the Screen will lock and you can cut all the wires you want unit the nav no longer turns on and it will still not unlock. The only way is with a Lockpick which electronically filters the GM Lan communication going to the radio to remove the data packets telling the Navigation unit that it is no longer in Park.