: Radio Question

Adrenaline
06-22-08, 04:28 PM
I just picked up a used 05 CTS-V yesterday and I didn't realize it at the time, but I only have a single disc cd player. I was under the impression the V had a 6 disc with nav as a standard option? If not how much will it cost to upgrade it to the 6 disc with nav?

Thanks!

Bueller
06-22-08, 04:47 PM
Check Ebay. It should come with Nav and 6 disc.

Max-Q
06-22-08, 06:42 PM
Should be two slots, one for the nav and one for the CD changer. You do have the nav screen don't you?

Post a pic of your dash so we can see what you have.

Adrenaline
06-22-08, 06:46 PM
I attached a picture of the dash.

Max-Q
06-22-08, 06:53 PM
That's the regular CTS radio cluster. The V has a 7" nav screen. This is that black V with the black wheels insn't it?

See this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/143235-somethings-not-right-v.html

Adrenaline
06-22-08, 06:55 PM
Yeah it is

Max-Q
06-22-08, 07:03 PM
Here's the correct radio cluster-

http://www.auctionadmin.com/ImgViewer.aspx?aID=315858&pic=16

Adrenaline
06-22-08, 07:06 PM
So I guess my best bet is just to watch eBay for a used 6 disc with nav system or hope that someone on here is selling theres? :)

Max-Q
06-22-08, 07:30 PM
So I guess my best bet is just to watch eBay for a used 6 disc with nav system or hope that someone on here is selling theres? :)

Check the classifieds on here. They pop up from time to time.

Adrenaline
06-22-08, 07:37 PM
Check the classifieds on here. They pop up from time to time.

Thanks! I will just keep a look out for one on here, a single disc is fine for now. I'd much rather get performance parts anyway :)

tmwfla
06-22-08, 08:27 PM
If I'm reading the previous thread right, that car has the 100k mi warranty right? Can't that just be used to replace the center console items since they were obviously hack-replaced?

heavymetals
06-22-08, 08:41 PM
GM will not do that kind of an upgrade under warranty.

They will say that the configuration of the car when bought is what it is and stays that way unless it is for safety or reliablity.

I went through that with my nav system on my 05 which turned out to be an 04.

Id yank that sucker in a heartbeat and put something decent in the dash if it wasn't for all the trouble it takes.

Adrenaline
06-22-08, 09:51 PM
GM will not do that kind of an upgrade under warranty.

They will say that the configuration of the car when bought is what it is and stays that way unless it is for safety or reliablity.

I went through that with my nav system on my 05 which turned out to be an 04.

Id yank that sucker in a heartbeat and put something decent in the dash if it wasn't for all the trouble it takes.

That was going to be my next question, too bad they won't upgrade it back to what it was.

Max-Q
06-22-08, 10:06 PM
That was going to be my next question, too bad they won't upgrade it back to what it was.

Sorry, they won't change it out under warranty. The only thing you can do is buy a new radio/head unit.

Keep an eye on ebay too. There is an auto salvage dealer on there who has lots of V parts for sale.

tedcmiller
06-23-08, 03:34 PM
Amazing. I never seen a V without the Nav system. If you had the standard radio, it would have Nav and six discs could be loaded through the CD slot. The Nav system with the 6-CD radio is about a $2000 option. I don't know how much not having it would take off the resale.

heavymetals
06-23-08, 05:01 PM
Amazing. I never seen a V without the Nav system. If you had the standard radio, it would have Nav and six discs could be loaded through the CD slot. The Nav system with the 6-CD radio is about a $2000 option. I don't know how much not having it would take off the resale.

About $0.02 if you ask me.

Rey
06-23-08, 11:30 PM
If your bought this car from a dealer there is a express representation that it is an '05 CTS-V and this car is not complete. It lacks the OEM radio/nav system with is an elemental featured standard equipment in a CTS-V. You cannot buy a new CTS-V without this equipment. Go back to your dealer and demand that they obtain and install the proper radio/nav that is standard equipment with this car. It is no different than if your bought the car to find out it lacked air conditioning.
Now if you bought from a private party there is still the misrepresentation issue but it may be harder to enforce.

CTSV_510
06-23-08, 11:45 PM
Adrenaline:

You better hop on this fast before one of the CTS guys steals it:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320266536714

EDIT: oops, not a buy it now so I guess you'll have to bid.

heavymetals
06-24-08, 01:00 AM
I did a lot of searching and it appears your radio was swapped out with a CTS system.

All I found was that the Bose 6 pak was standard on the V.

Maybe the car is a first article release that didn't get upgraded but it should not have been a factory release in that configuration.

You might have a legit bitch at the dealer that there was no disclosure on the swapout of standard equipment and that the car was represented as being "stock".

Call Cadillac customer service with all your vin# and stuff and explain it to them.

They will tell you if the car was ever released in that config.

Maybe you have a Canada car?

Good luck.

coolcaddy1
06-24-08, 01:48 AM
How can you tell if you are in compedative driving mode or if T/C is off? I was under the impression that those changes can not take placce without the nav.

CTSV_510
06-24-08, 10:57 AM
There is a T/C off light on the dash, but you won't get a confirmation of competitive driving mode without the nav.

Adrenaline
06-24-08, 11:18 AM
Adrenaline:

You better hop on this fast before one of the CTS guys steals it:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320266536714

EDIT: oops, not a buy it now so I guess you'll have to bid.

Thanks!

I emailed the dealer I bought it from, if that goes no where I will call Cadillac and if that goes no where well I'll be bidding on that one :)

Adrenaline
06-24-08, 01:20 PM
Well I called the dealer, they said they couldn't do anything. So I called Cadillac Customer Service and they said like you guys said that the dealership should have told me that the previous owner had swapped out the radio. I am supposed to get a call back tomorrow with what I can do going forward.

nikon
06-24-08, 07:53 PM
If you can't go into competitive mode or disengage stability control...or see your trip computer, then it's an issue...and it's probably all you've got to stand on...try that argument...it might work.

heavymetals
06-24-08, 08:08 PM
Either tell them that the deal is dead because of the MISREPRESENTATION, or they can install the right system.

Failing that your only option is to sue.

Since your past the 72 hour contract cancellation clause I think you might have to.

Great way to start off new ownership huh?

Adrenaline
06-25-08, 06:14 PM
Update:

Cadillac cannot get ahold of the dealer (I don't know if they are just ignoring Cadillac's calls) so they are escalating it to a manager from Cadillac's end. I should know something tomorrow.

heavymetals
06-25-08, 06:21 PM
I am sure Cadillac doesn't need or want this kind of horsesh#t being pulled on customers.

Even with a used car, it should have been disclosed.

Contact the BBB in your area if it isn't resolved.

You can also file a fraud complaint.

Most states have an automotive enforcement division just for this type of crap.

Adrenaline
06-26-08, 11:02 AM
Well I just got a call from Cadillac:

-They said because it comes with a single disc it can't work with a navigation system
-Because I have OnStar the radio cannot be swapped
-The radio was never swapped, only repaired

Bottom line, Cadillac isn't going to do a thing.

ctsv154
06-26-08, 11:49 AM
Well I just got a call from Cadillac:

-They said because it comes with a single disc it can't work with a navigation system
-Because I have OnStar the radio cannot be swapped
-The radio was never swapped, only repaired

Bottom line, Cadillac isn't going to do a thing.

Their full of shit. If its really a "V" then it had nav from the factory unless its some freaking weird custom ordered bullsh!t, which is highly unlikely. Did you tell them it was a V and that all V's come with nav? Maybe they think its just a regular cts and now you're bitchin cause it doesn't have nav? Regardless, if its a V then a nav system will bolt right in and should work fine.

Adrenaline
06-26-08, 12:05 PM
Their full of shit. If its really a "V" then it had nav from the factory unless its some freaking weird custom ordered bullsh!t, which is highly unlikely. Did you tell them it was a V and that all V's come with nav? Maybe they think its just a regular cts and now you're bitchin cause it doesn't have nav? Regardless, if its a V then a nav system will bolt right in and should work fine.

I told them it is a V, because it is a V. They know it's a V she even said, I am calling about your 2005 CTS-V.

I told them that it comes standard with the NAV. Oh well I guess I'll be bidding on that one on eBay.

heavymetals
06-26-08, 02:28 PM
Sorry you got hosed.

Smear the dealer.

Be my guest.

Adrenaline
06-27-08, 02:23 PM
How easy would it be to swap out the one that is in there now for the one with the nav/6 disc? Could I do it myself? All the wiring should be there still since it originally came with one right?

heavymetals
06-27-08, 02:34 PM
There is a guy on the CTS forum that is the man on that swap out.

He has helped a lot of guys there upgrade.

1badassv
06-27-08, 11:33 PM
u should check with ur dealer cause the nav,dvd,and 6 disc cd where not a option. it was factory stock. some one replaced it or they messed up at the factory. i would fight for a new one threw gm