: Replacing Entertainment System

twoputt
06-22-08, 01:44 PM
Has anyone ever replaced the stereo/nav on a CTS with a double DIN head unit? I love the CTS-V, but I can't buy a car with a Bose stereo unless it can be replaced.

lewisforjesus
06-22-08, 06:28 PM
I guess some of us are spoiled. Lewis

jasaero
06-22-08, 08:26 PM
Has anyone ever replaced the stereo/nav on a CTS with a double DIN head unit? I love the CTS-V, but I can't buy a car with a Bose stereo unless it can be replaced.

You are referring to the 2009 V correct?

Florian
06-22-08, 09:09 PM
Ibtl.

F

twoputt
06-22-08, 09:24 PM
I'm just not looking to drop large coin on a performance automobile with a second-rate sound system. Under current anti-racing laws in Ontario I'm far more likely to crank the tunes than the engine. If that makes me spoiled, you bet. Cheers, Twoputt.

That's correct.

lusterblade
06-23-08, 12:29 AM
Ibtl.

F

Actually your iatl (in after the lock), because urby locked it then unlocked it.

sizquik
06-23-08, 12:37 AM

:cookoo:

lawfive
06-23-08, 04:49 AM
It's been done on the old CTS-V. There was an A/V thread recently that showed a new head unit. I have no idea whether it's been done on the new CTS.

Cadillac Tony
06-23-08, 10:46 AM
The Bose system in the 2008 CTS (and thus the 2009 CTS-V also) rocks pretty hard. I have the Bass in my 04 maxed out and still wish for more, but I find the 08 to have plenty even at the "neutral" setting. The highs are also a lot more crisp in the 08 than my 04.

Try taking your favorite CD to a Dealer and trying it out before you write it off as junk.

jasaero
06-23-08, 01:18 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can probably get some good pre-amp outputs from the stock head unit with afermarket Bose gizmo's and use aftermarket amps and speakers with the stock head unit to good effect couldn't you?? Really the stock nav and entertainment setup is probably better than what would come in any aftermarket head unit anyhow. I could see aftermarket amps and speakers being better than the bose setup if you spent a lot of coin though.

lawfive
06-23-08, 11:31 PM
I have the Bass in my 04 maxed out and still wish for more

No. Shit.

The highs are also a lot more crisp in the 08 than my 04.

They'd pretty much have to be, Tony. :lol:

Bluhair
06-27-08, 07:51 AM
I am just going to replace all the speakers, and run some more power.

I don't think you realize how hard it is to work on audio systems like these. It's not a double DIN. You will end up losing a lot of function of the MFD.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/2010GTRVspec/09_ctsv_interior.jpg

Cadillac Tony
06-27-08, 06:15 PM
They'd pretty much have to be, Tony. :lol:

You know what's funny? It doesn't excuse the muffled BOSE system in the 04-07s, but when I installed my iPod kit I found I could greatly increase the sound quality by using the iPod's equalizer. The "Rock" setting added more Bass and Treble than the stock system at max, so my iPod songs sound pretty darn good now. XM still sounds like ass, but it's something, right? :D

Seriously though- the 08 BOSE system is 10x better than the 04-07. I've tried a few of my CDs in the 5.1 system (which all the Vs will have), and I found myself turning down the Bass from the factory setting. :thumbsup:

CIWS
06-30-08, 12:40 PM
The Bose 5.1 in the STS-V is MUCH better than the Bose that was in my 05 CTS-V.