: Another Timeslip.

PISNUOFF
06-21-08, 07:20 PM
First time ever at a dragstrip and only did one run. I was in the right lane, #486.

rand49er
06-21-08, 07:46 PM
Dang! That's GREAT!!!

CTSV_510
06-21-08, 08:13 PM
Sub 2.0 60', looks good man. Pardon my ignorance, what mods is that with?

jbss71
06-21-08, 08:29 PM
Sub 2.0 60', looks good man. Pardon my ignorance, what mods is that with?

Major modifications:
Corvette Doctor Heads & Cam, B&B Full Exhaust, LPE Intake, Dyno Tune ....

PISNUOFF
06-21-08, 09:41 PM
Thanks JB, you saved me some typing. Might also note that rwhp is 400 and I have Toyo Proxes T1R's 275/40 on the rear and currently GC w/500/550. I did a 2000 rpm launch and is most likely one of my last passes down a dragstrip until I get some diff support. Hopped like a madman when I tried to warm up the tires.

Light weight flywheel, C6 ZO6 clutch, new slave cylinder, 52# injectors, fuel management system, exhaust X-pipe to replace resonator, retune (dyno and part throttle), short shifter, QA1's and GC 600/650 go in June 30. That should help tremendously with acceleration and add about 30 more Hp.:bouncy::bouncy:

jbss71
06-21-08, 10:22 PM
Thanks JB, you saved me some typing. Might also note that rwhp is 400 and I have Toyo Proxes T1R's 275/40 on the rear and currently GC w/500/550. I did a 2000 rpm launch and is most likely one of my last passes down a dragstrip until I get some diff support. Hopped like a madman when I tried to warm up the tires.

Light weight flywheel, C6 ZO6 clutch, new slave cylinder, 52# injectors, fuel management system, exhaust X-pipe to replace resonator, retune (dyno and part throttle), short shifter, QA1's and GC 600/650 go in June 30. That should help tremendously with acceleration and add about 30 more Hp.:bouncy::bouncy:specs. on heads and cam?

PISNUOFF
06-21-08, 11:51 PM
Heads are stock LS6 castings ported and polished with dual valve springs 0.650" lift, titanium retainers and double thick locks. For some reason, the cam specs are some Jedi secret that I haven't been able to squeeze out of him yet. I'll try again in a week when he has the car. The normal response is "Do you like it?" "Yes." "Then what are you worried about?"

Here is a copy of my dyno sheet. The tune has been tweaked a little from this but it should be close. The tweaking resulted in the top end WOT duty cycle of my injectors going from 85% to 92% and I feel a slight seat of the pants difference.

JonCR96Z
06-22-08, 01:12 AM
The normal response is "Do you like it?" "Yes." "Then what are you worried about?"

Maybe it should go like this:

CD - "Do you like it."
PISS - "No, I'm not happy. I'd like to go bigger but I don't know what that is."
CD - "Well we can put a bigger cam in if you like."
PISS - "I buying it from a friend and just wanted to know if it would be better or not"
CD - "We don't recommend running a used cam"
PISS - "It's not used. He ordered it from Vengeance Racing and decided not to use it."
CD - "What are the specs on the cam?"
PISS - "I can't remember exactly, I'd have to look at the card."
CD - "I personally would only run a cam that was specifically designed for your application. You could be giving up some power and drivabilty running an off the shelf cam. Saving a few bucks could cost you in the long run. It's one of those 'get what you paid for' kind of things."
PISS - "Well, I'm really just trying to help my friend out. He just lost his job and he needs the money to pay for the funerals of his wife and kids who were recently murdered right in front of him and very brutally I might add."
CD - "He should have had some sort of life insurance policy on them."
PISS - "He did, but he is using that money to buy the 2009 CTSV when it comes out."
CD - "Well, I tell you what. I normally don't do this, but bring the cam in and we'll take a look at it and tell you what we think it will do for you and if just doesn't seem to be right for you we can help you sell it. That way everybody wins."
PISS - "Look just give me the damn cam specs already"
CD - "Sorry, I really can't"
PISS - "I'm gonna count to 3 and I don't have those specs I'm gonna whip the shit out of you. 1....2...."
CD - "Dude, I just can't help you, seriously. They're so top secret that the cam grinders won't even tell us. Believe me if I knew I would tell you, but I don't.
PISS - "3"

Try that approach and just beat it out of 'em.

Jon

JonCR96Z
06-22-08, 01:18 AM
Oh, I almost forgot. That was a pretty good run. I almost don't believe that it was your first time at a dragstrip. Do you know what the DA was when you ran? Or atleast the track elevation?

Might I also say that you have the most well printed timeslip that I've ever seen. They must have just put some fresh ink in the printer.

Jon

NormV
06-22-08, 01:44 AM
I think Quaker is down hill, isn't?! :)

Get rid of trq mgt and 113 mph traps should be in the picture.

Nice single run!

Norm