: Platinum V at 130 Ave Keg Calgary

Albertan
06-21-08, 01:45 AM
I've been noticing a Platinum V in my area. Tonight it was parked in front of the Keg on 130 Ave in Calgary. Anyone on the forum?? As a matter of fact the lot was full of nice cars. Couple of Vettes, 2004 M5 in Blue, Z4 also Blue, M3 convertible. All these guys are braver than me. I parked a long way away on the street to avoid door dings.

SilverKast
06-22-08, 06:17 PM
Not mine, although I'd expect you'll hopefully see mine in the area as well. I just picked up a Black '05 CTS-V so keep your eyes out for it :D

Albertan
06-23-08, 12:07 AM
Silverkast
Welcome to the forums. I thought by your name you would have been driving a Platinum. How long have you had the V and did you buy it locally or in States?
I bank at that mall and live in Douglasdale. There is a Black STS-V here as well. I've met him, his office is only a couple of blocks from mine in Foothills.
I'll keep an eye out for you.

4DoorGTZ
06-23-08, 12:43 AM
You know you missed the real spectacle of vehicles in town. (pitty I'm out of town working)

Bullrun 2008 Starting line was downtown Calgary.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216982&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1
Pics and vids start on page 4.

Alas my American diff is stuck in customs and I havent driven my black/black 05 CTS-V (like your choice SilverKast) for near a month now.... stupid diff.

SilverKast
06-23-08, 10:46 AM
Just picked up my V from Vancouver last week and drove it home to Calgary. The drive home was fantastic - beautiful weather and open roads going through the mountains. The car was an absolute blast to drive and has been everything I could have hoped for thus far.

I live down in Copperfield and work in the general area, but am around 130th almost every day for our banking.

Albertan
06-23-08, 12:55 PM
4door
I saw the article in newspaper. Thing that bugged me was all drivers were between 25 to 38! How the hell does a 25 year old guy have a exotic car AND time off work to play with it??? Last time I heard of such a thing, a guy was importing Mercedes cars and living in very fancy house. Turns out those cars had trunks filled with Coke. I on the other hand am old and still busting a gut working.
What happened with customs? Should be no problem bringing it in.
Silverkast
I'll watch for you. I keep looking for an excuse to drive mine. Does yours have the UUC shifter and Lindsay bushings? If shifter feels like it is attached via bungee cords you need to upgrade. Easy enough to do.

06-23-08, 03:51 PM
Hey guys,
Wasn't mine either! My platnium 04 V is in sweetgrass MT waiting for me to pick it up. I bought it a month ago in FL and it was finally dropped off there last week. Now I have to find the time to go get. Should have paid the extra grand to have it shipped to my door.
I also live down in the South, in Inverness (Mac town) and I work in Douglasglen. My V should not be hard to spot as it has a spector works heat extractor hood.

I think I know the STS-v you are talking about, I know the owners son.

Albertan
06-23-08, 11:49 PM
85258 now that's an original name!
Welcome to the forums. Get your car soon or you will miss summer. You do not want to drive it in the winter. Is it on the Canada side or do you still have to do the customs stuff? I spent about 1 hour bringing mine across.
Gee, we'll be able to have our own meet soon. Red, Black and Platinum!

4DoorGTZ
06-24-08, 12:56 AM
Albertan: Fedex has been sitting on their hands.... not realy a customs issue, more a Brokerage issue.

May 29 Lindsay Ships my diff
June 6 Clearance delay appears on the tracking site....
Time passes
More time goes by
June 13 No word tracking site not updated so I call FedEx.... "we're waiting on your broker..... or would you like us to broker the package for you?" (if I never called how long would they "wait" Get in contact with a Fedex broker, fill out forms fax them back.
June 20, tracking site still not updated, no word back from broker for more info..... I'm in limbo again. Call and order a trace
June 23 Results of trace complete, its still at the brokers.... get home after work to an email regarding more paperwok... (again had I not called how long until they would let me know more info was needed?)

I'm not holding my breath for it to show up on my next set of days off, so wont be getting it fixed until 2nd week of July now at the earliest. GRRRR

I'm way down in the south end of the city too: Evergreen.

06-24-08, 01:14 PM
Albertan,
it is on the MT side. I have no worries for customs as I have imported a dozen cars over the lasts 2 years. I only shipped to MT side as the trucking was $1200 there or $2200 to calgary. Hopefully I will get down there this weekend.