: Congrats Rand49er

PISNUOFF
06-20-08, 06:10 PM
Randy:

Saw your car in GM High-Tech Performance's August edition. It's on P. 82 in Street Heat. Lookin good!

Twitch
06-20-08, 07:19 PM
I subscribed because they had an article about superchargers, but I'm still waiting.
Congrats Randy

CTSV_510
06-20-08, 07:36 PM
Cool! So who's going to scan and post it for us ??

theloanman219
06-20-08, 08:03 PM
WOW Randy your famous. Can I have your autograph? Contrats. And I have to say that you are the most inspiring out of all the Maggie owners. You did a self install without your wife even knowing. Great Job!

Gene

atdeneve
06-20-08, 08:09 PM
You did a self install without your wife even knowing.
That's skill.

rand49er
06-20-08, 08:18 PM
Holy moly! Got my mail today, looked through the magazine, saw pg 082, and see that guys saw it, too.

All it took was a few camera shots, a couple of credit cards, and this forum for all the mod ideas.

Just hope this helps in publicizing this absolutely fantastic car. Thanks, guys. This is a tribute to all of us! :highfive:

thebigjimsho
06-20-08, 09:22 PM
Congrats you old coot!

rand49er
06-20-08, 09:29 PM
Congrats you old coot!Hey, you'll be one some day! And, I can hardly wait! Hope you come visit me in your Walker-V 'bout then. :rolleyes:

Actually, my car was in last month's Domestic Driver magazine, too. Must be not many read that one.

heavymetals
06-20-08, 10:24 PM
Congrats!

It's nice to have your work appreciated by your peers. :yup:

ROG
06-20-08, 10:31 PM
Congrats Randy!!

How do you get that magazine?

Civardi
06-20-08, 10:45 PM
Congrats !!

GMBOUND
06-21-08, 12:28 AM
Congrats Randy!
Why didn't you show me the Article when I was by your place?
I want to be like you when I Grow Up!

CIWS
06-21-08, 12:33 AM
Congrats dude, great to hear you get a little show and credit :)

PISNUOFF
06-21-08, 01:39 AM
I was just thinking that they could have picked a better issue than one that has the 800 rwhp V as the feature article.

CTSV_Rob
06-21-08, 02:24 AM
Good Job Randy!!

TaVern
06-21-08, 04:58 AM
Awesome Randy! Congratulations!

Twitch
06-21-08, 07:22 AM
Actually, my car was in last month's Domestic Driver magazine, too. Must be not many read that one.

What a ham ;)
I hope this is my first issue.

rand49er
06-21-08, 08:43 AM
Congrats Randy!!

How do you get that magazine?Go to www.gmhightechperformance.com (http://www.gmhightechperformance.com) and there's a "Subscribe" button to the lower right of the home page. Must read for anybody who owns an LSx-powered car.

Congrats Randy!
Why didn't you show me the Article when I was by your place?
I want to be like you when I Grow Up!Actually, I totally forgot. You know, Old Coot syndrom.

I guess I was more interested in taking you for a ride. BTW, Miss Maggie has been asking about you. "How's GMBound?" "Has GMBound called about me?"

:stirpot:

Alan F
06-21-08, 09:24 AM
Congrats Randy, lookin' good and representing the fold!! My laziness kept me from being the first to post as I got it almost a week ago.

I'm partial to that magazine w/ my firebird's former life!

trukk
06-23-08, 01:53 PM
My favorite part of that article was:

"...I love to roll in this car! Sometimes my wife even lets me drive..."

-Chris

P.S. I let my subscription run out. They should rename GMHTP, to F-Body Drag Racing magazine. I know there isn't really a niche for our cars, regarding magazine coverage, but couldn't they occasionally, do an article on road racing, HPDE or Auto-X in a GM EFI car?

rand49er
06-23-08, 01:59 PM
... They should rename GMHTP, to F-Body Drag Racing magazine. I know there isn't really a niche for our cars, regarding magazine coverage, but couldn't they occasionally, do an article on road racing, HPDE or Auto-X in a GM EFI car?Yup, I know what you mean. They're pretty big on Buick Grand Nationals, too. Would be nice to have something other than straight-line stuff ... just a healthy mix would do.

Still, it's refreshing not to have to listen to bias about import after import after import ad nausem.

pveomett
06-23-08, 02:03 PM
Go to www.gmhightechperformance.com (http://www.gmhightechperformance.com) and there's a "Subscribe" button to the lower right of the home page. Must read for anybody who owns an LSx-powered car.

Actually, I totally forgot. You know, Old Coot syndrom.

I guess I was more interested in taking you for a ride. BTW, Miss Maggie has been asking about you. "How's GMBound?" "Has GMBound called about me?"

:stirpot:

You must be getting old if your car is talking back to you...

I do want to get a subscrition to that magazine... Every time I search for parts for CTS-V on MSN, atleast 2 or 3 articles from GMHighTechPerformance.Com pop up

rlj5
06-23-08, 02:32 PM
I was just thinking that they could have picked a better issue than one that has the 800 rwhp V as the feature article.

Actually, the August issue was really good for our V's , More Publicity than we've ever had I think.

Congratulations Randy, Really good pic of your V

CTSV_510
06-23-08, 03:09 PM
Actually, the August issue was really good for our V's , More Publicity than we've ever had I think.

Congratulations Randy, Really good pic of your V

I had to stop by Barnes & Noble to check this issue out - very cool Bob & Randy!

rlj5
06-23-08, 03:50 PM
I had to stop by Barnes & Noble to check this issue out - very cool Bob & Randy!

Thanks,

And I think it's about time our V's get a little recognition for the performance cars that they are. We Very rarely get any attention from the Magazines.

Bigron
06-23-08, 04:15 PM
You must be getting old if your car is talking back to you...

congrats
all I heard was the s/c cry for more throttle and then the headers roar when you got on it