: Warranty Jerks from GA

vegasVowner
06-20-08, 06:09 PM
The Extended warranty people on the link here are jerkoffs FYI. They locked in a price for me @ 3/36,000 for $1725. This price was "locked" in till 6/20, so I had time to shop around even though my factory warranty was up on 5/28. They were completely aware of my factory warranty expiration. So I call them up this week to give them my business, and low and behold they can't honor that price or even warranty the car at all! Once the car goes out of warranty, they cant extend it at all according to them. Nice business practices, hypocrites:cynic:

The Tony Show
06-20-08, 06:31 PM
The terms "Aftermarket Extended Warranty" and "Jerkoffs" are synonymous. You're better off having saved the money, since their product likely wouldn't have been worth a damn anyway.

urbanski
06-20-08, 06:36 PM
just bank what you would have spent and self-insure

CTSV_510
06-20-08, 06:47 PM
If it's the link from this forum, then it's a GMPP warranty, right? I don't think that's really considered "after-market", or anything like using a non-GM warranty company.

I hear you on them not honoring the price - that's bullshit. But as far as the factory warranty expiring, there's nothing you can do no matter where you shop for GMPP or what kind of price-locking you are offered if your factory warranty has already expired. They may have failed to remind you of this when you locked your price in, or maybe they overlooked it, but did they ever tell you that it was OK if your warranty expired before you purchased an extended? If they told you that you could still purchase after your warranty expiration on 5/28, and you didn't know that's not the case, then I would too be pissed off.

vegasVowner
06-20-08, 06:49 PM
The terms "Aftermarket Extended Warranty" and "Jerkoffs" are synonymous. You're better off having saved the money, since their product likely wouldn't have been worth a damn anyway.

You're probably right Tony. I'm worry about the rearend and engine mounts though. Hopefully the UUC mounts turnout to be a good long-term solution.

vegasVowner
06-20-08, 06:58 PM
If it's the link from this forum, then it's a GMPP warranty, right? I don't think that's really considered "after-market", or anything like using a non-GM warranty company.

I hear you on them not honoring the price - that's bullshit. But as far as the factory warranty expiring, there's nothing you can do no matter where you shop for GMPP or what kind of price-locking you are offered if your factory warranty has already expired. They may have failed to remind you of this when you locked your price in, or maybe they overlooked it, but did they ever tell you that it was OK if your warranty expired before you purchased an extended? If they told you that you could still purchase after your warranty expiration on 5/28, and you didn't know that's not the case, then I would too be pissed off.

They did tell me it was not an issue during the initial quoting phone call. Car was actually @ the dealership during the call for it's final interior warranting touches before the expiration. No info was witheld from them. I told them exactly what was going on. Nice call today though with them, I held no punches back( "this is how you do business!"...yadda yadda ...) . Told'em I would rip on them online to the MAX!

Feffman
06-20-08, 10:18 PM
VegasV:

Contact Michael Calozza at Agape Auto Warranties (888) 242-7380. I used them for my 2004 V after exhaustive research. They especially liked the fact my car (at the time) was still under the factory warranty. Cost me around $1,650.

Warranty America, the actual warranty company, has done great on the repairs I've had done, with only the $100 deductible to pay. They even cover rental car expenses for repairs if needed.

Mark Pfeffer

702CTSV
06-23-08, 06:55 AM
Are you the first owner of the car? Because if not you may have a certified pre-owned 72/100K bumper to bumper warranty. I just did a vin check the other day and found out I have one on my V.

pmtom1
06-23-08, 07:38 AM
Ive worked at GM dealerships (and a couple non-GM) for years as a sales manager and finance manger. There are MANY different warranty companies out there. ALOT of them will not cover the V period. The guy you talked to probably looked up CTS and didnt see the note that said *except V-series. The ones that do cover V's charge more for it.

There are hundreds of Extended Warr Companies. GMPP is one of the best there is but not the only good one. I have seen customers get great , simple claim coverage with GE and a company called National Auto Care. The biggest concern is ALOT of the small companies have been going out of business. If they do, you MAY get a small refund from your dealer or a simple "Im sorry".

Also, they ALL offer multiple levels of coverage. GMPP offers 3 or 4 different levels of coverage. "Major Guard" is the "bumper-bumper" one. Take you time and read the actual contract in great detail to see what is and isnt covered on each one. See if there is a lifetime limit. Make sure you can get service ANYWHERE. Unfortuantly, you CANNOT believe the guy selling it to you's word for it. READ THE CONTRACT!

Ext warrantees are one a dealerships biggest profit item. They are usually marked up 700-1500 over cost. SHOP AROUND and negotiate. Tell the guy you want to see his price list and you will pay him $250 over cost. (It is a business after all)

Finally, I have personally seen 100's of people save THOUSANDS of dollars by having one. I have them on all my cars. As long as you buy the right one, from solid company (not dealership) at a fair price....you cannot go wrong.

~just my 2 cents....
tom

Bigron
06-23-08, 10:38 AM
Which link?
Was it GMPP?
The contracts will not go through the system if your car is over on miles or age.

Some aftermarket companies may beable to help or maybe try someone else.

vegasVowner
06-23-08, 03:39 PM
Ive worked at GM dealerships (and a couple non-GM) for years as a sales manager and finance manger. There are MANY different warranty companies out there. ALOT of them will not cover the V period. The guy you talked to probably looked up CTS and didnt see the note that said *except V-series. The ones that do cover V's charge more for it.

There are hundreds of Extended Warr Companies. GMPP is one of the best there is but not the only good one. I have seen customers get great , simple claim coverage with GE and a company called National Auto Care. The biggest concern is ALOT of the small companies have been going out of business. If they do, you MAY get a small refund from your dealer or a simple "Im sorry".

Also, they ALL offer multiple levels of coverage. GMPP offers 3 or 4 different levels of coverage. "Major Guard" is the "bumper-bumper" one. Take you time and read the actual contract in great detail to see what is and isnt covered on each one. See if there is a lifetime limit. Make sure you can get service ANYWHERE. Unfortuantly, you CANNOT believe the guy selling it to you's word for it. READ THE CONTRACT!

Ext warrantees are one a dealerships biggest profit item. They are usually marked up 700-1500 over cost. SHOP AROUND and negotiate. Tell the guy you want to see his price list and you will pay him $250 over cost. (It is a business after all)

Finally, I have personally seen 100's of people save THOUSANDS of dollars by having one. I have them on all my cars. As long as you buy the right one, from solid company (not dealership) at a fair price....you cannot go wrong.

~just my 2 cents....
tom

Thats good advice, but you're preaching to the choir. I was aware of the 3 guard levels and I did shop around to different dealerships, and I did negotiate. I'm pondering a cut & paste of the email correspondance with the GMPP rep that I've had over the last 3 business days on here for you guys, it's pretty sick how they want to find reasons to NOT do business with me.

Bigron
06-23-08, 04:25 PM
whats the e-mail address or at least the part @xxxx.com

I doubt you are working with GMPP, just a dealer selling over the internet