: XM Pricing?

svtbolt2001
06-20-08, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can find discounted XM service or if anything like that ever happens?

Feffman
06-20-08, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know where I can find discounted XM service or if anything like that ever happens?

When I signed up last year, XM gave me 12 months of service for 11 months cost. I grew up with a great R&R station in St. Louis (KSHE 95) which has recently gone awry. I'll likely never give up satellite radio. It's great around town and even better when you are driving between cities with good stations.

Feff

MauiV
06-20-08, 04:54 PM
I saw on the news the other day that the merger looks to be going forward and hopefully will be done this decade.

I HATE XM but will renew once Sirius is available on my system.

Civardi
06-20-08, 05:42 PM
When I called and asked about a three month trial I was told that was only for new owners and for a certified pre owned. I was neither. I was very polite and said I would think it over after asking about the pricing. She said that she was not supposed to but since I was so nice she gave me the three month free deal. As Swayze said in Roadhouse "I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

odla
06-20-08, 05:56 PM
call them up negotiate. if the sales person cant do it then ask for a boss. the 1st time i did this i got a yera for $80 or 90 bucks. i just did it again and got a year for 110. i stated that i get very bad reception in the city i live in. i also said that i wanted to cancel it. if i did not get a better price because i only use it on trips.

Twitch
06-20-08, 05:59 PM
I had it and wanted to cancel. They gave me three months free. That was about five months ago, still no bill.
Try it. They're dying for your business.

Tony

Bueller
06-21-08, 02:44 PM
I signed up for 3 years all at once. They kept discounting it as I asked to pay for more up front. Got a bunch of months for free and discounted the ones I did pay for. Negotiate with them and tell them you have both XM and thinking about Sirius, not sure which one to hook up.

svtbolt2001
06-21-08, 10:21 PM
Ok I was able to get XM for my wifes car for $77 using the script. I did however run into issues getting traffic discounted. I was quote 9.95 a month with is way too high. I will try again and let you guys know.

sefa01
06-22-08, 12:17 AM
Had it for $77 a year for 4 years. For the last 3, they said they wouldn't discount it. But just ask for cancellation department and they'll sing a different tune.