: Washington DC Area "V" Gathering?

lashss
06-20-08, 11:03 AM
I'm in with a few different car clubs and they gather at various local shows/venues.

Do the local V owners gather anywhere in the DC area?

There's a large car show every Sunday morning in Burtonsville, MD that attracts a wide variety of cars...

Thanks,
LS

qqik4u
06-20-08, 11:12 AM
I'm in with a few different car clubs and they gather at various local shows/venues.

Do the local V owners gather anywhere in the DC area?

There's a large car show every Sunday morning in Burtonsville, MD that attracts a wide variety of cars...

Thanks,
LS

We all have discussed having one in the past, but have not coordinated one yet. If you want to coordinate one - I'll be there :)

MIKEC
06-20-08, 11:39 AM
I'm all for it just need to know when so i can put in for leave.

thebigjimsho
06-20-08, 11:48 AM
How about Summit Point on Oct 20th??

RunningOnEMT
06-20-08, 11:58 AM
yeah... that

I'm down for a meet, i just don't have time to organize one right now

Swampgoat
06-20-08, 11:59 AM
I would be down! Keep me in the loop! :)

qqik4u
06-20-08, 12:01 PM
How about Summit Point on Oct 20th??

That is a definite my friend:highfive: - this time I would like to meet up with you for sure, rather than just a quick hello. Your track experience can sure teach me alot :worship:. I will see you there rain, hail, snow whatever. If you remember the first V day.

Wonder if they will run the same groups as before?? - I am sure to be in the noob group still 2nd track event :bouncy:

Mick

Feffman
06-20-08, 12:04 PM
October 20th - Summit Point!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/140912-v-day-ii-date.html

Meet people from around the US and have fun at the track!

Feff

thebigjimsho
06-20-08, 12:16 PM
That is a definite my friend:highfive: - this time I would like to meet up with you for sure, rather than just a quick hello. Your track experience can sure teach me alot :worship:. I will see you there rain, hail, snow whatever. If you remember the first V day.

Wonder if they will run the same groups as before?? - I am sure to be in the noob group still 2nd track event :bouncy:

MickWell, I'm not instructor material, especially on the Summit Point circuit where I haven't been before. But I could give you some general pointers...

trukk
06-20-08, 01:27 PM
I organized a dyno day in Gaithersburg about 2 years ago that had about 7 V's show up.

I'd be up for a meet, but don't want to be the organizer again :D

-Chris

lashss
06-20-08, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking about organizing a "V" Festival...maybe a day where we could all gather and enjoy our cars.

My current thought is to incorporate some relative events that will be attractive to the V owners near the Washington, DC area.

Morning Tech Session/Meet and Greet
Road Rally
Karting (www.allsportsgp.com)
Lunch/Dinner

I will organize and coordinate everything...but...I need to know how many people would be interested in attending?

Thanks,
LS

RunningOnEMT
06-20-08, 01:41 PM
i'd be interested, but its all dependant on the date, i'm in school from now until december with a pretty rigorous schedule

Learjet
06-20-08, 05:31 PM
Count me in!

FIVEOH!!!
06-20-08, 07:04 PM
I would be interested . Just need to know ahead of time . I'm in a new unit and can be called at anytime.

Natedog
06-20-08, 07:08 PM
I'm down... just let me know a place and time

ewill3rd
06-20-08, 08:09 PM
I'd love to come if I am welcome.
I still have some faces to put with names.
I'll park away from the V's so I don't throw off the look :lol:
I might bring the hammer if the weather is good. :D

Nobody wants to pick up the gauntlet and plan this? Hmmmm....

qqik4u
06-20-08, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking about organizing a "V" Festival...maybe a day where we could all gather and enjoy our cars.

My current thought is to incorporate some relative events that will be attractive to the V owners near the Washington, DC area.

Morning Tech Session/Meet and Greet
Road Rally
Karting (www.allsportsgp.com)
Lunch/Dinner

I will organize and coordinate everything...but...I need to know how many people would be interested in attending?

Thanks,
LS

LS - Let's pick a Sunday and the place and make it happen as we talked over the phone - I can help with any coordination you need - so email me with your thoughts.

All DC area and all else are invited if you can make it - This would be great.

Mick

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
06-20-08, 10:41 PM
alright I stayed off of this thread as long as possible. whoever wants to do the planning call me next week and lets figure some things out.

TaVern
06-20-08, 11:23 PM
i'd be interested, but its all dependant on the date, i'm in school from now until december with a pretty rigorous schedule

I'm in the same boat as RunningOnEMT.

I'm at work more than I'm at home right now. :annoyed:

MVP
06-21-08, 12:42 PM
Depending on the date I would be interested.

FIVEOH!!!
06-21-08, 01:07 PM
I guess it all depends on if people just want to go meet up and put some faces together and just chill out and get to see some nice cars . Or do people want an event which will be a bit pricey and take a lot more to organice. Keep in mind we do have a V2 Summit event coming up. So I am thinking maybe just a decent meet and greet type thing would work. If that would be the case . I am thinking maybe Dave & Busters upper parking lot where we could have enough room to see peoples cars and get to know one another and then have a few drinks and some lunch or dinner. What do you all think ? The karting event would be nice though. But those are just my thoughts.

lashss
06-22-08, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. Luke, I'll contact you Monday AM to discuss some ideas and potential dates for the event.

Thanks,
LS

Cowan480
06-22-08, 12:49 PM
Sounds like fun! Wish I had time!

BenzCTS
06-22-08, 03:56 PM
I would like to go and check out some nice cars, I don't have a V but I do have a CTS. I will park at a distance.

06-22-08, 06:41 PM
We tried this a couple of times in years gone by. LastSS was usually a good instigator, but turnout was routinely light, 5-6 cars max. LastSS, Crowan, the Italian guy (screen ID was his name) who traded for the Z06 (I want to say spinelli but that's not right), Homer, and a few others...

We met once at Dunn Loring metro, once at Tysons II (where there was an Audi club meeting across the way, and where the security guard insisted that we all go into the mall and shop, or move on)....and once there was a car show in MD where lastSS was showing off his new maggie....

That's all I can remember.....

ewill3rd
06-27-08, 08:03 PM
:bump:

Natedog
06-27-08, 08:33 PM
I vote Sunday July 20 at a location near Tysons / McLean area... thoughts, ideas? :alchi:

v10boost
06-29-08, 05:03 AM
I vote Sunday July 20 at a location near Tysons / McLean area... thoughts, ideas? :alchi:

how about at the three cees car wash off of rt7 or chicks and wings next to bed bath and beyond also off of rt7?

dukie1993
06-29-08, 08:53 AM
Either one of those ideas sounds great to me. I just got my V friday and I'm eager to show it off :)

FIVEOH!!!
06-29-08, 02:59 PM
That could work

Natedog
06-30-08, 10:28 AM
how about at the three cees car wash off of rt7 or chicks and wings next to bed bath and beyond also off of rt7?
Chicks & Wings sounds good to me... 4:00 ????

qqik4u
06-30-08, 11:27 AM
I will make any date except July 20 - 23rd. pick any other date guys - PLEASE:ill:

Been wanting to have this for a long time.

ewill3rd
06-30-08, 11:55 AM
I like a Sunday afternoon idea, not sure if the 20th is good for me either. 13th?
I have surgery on the 28th and I have to work the 26th so I am not sure if the 27th would be good :(

Swampgoat
06-30-08, 01:27 PM
I just got my V less than a month ago I would be interested too! Please keep me posted where and when!

Natedog
06-30-08, 02:00 PM
OK, 27th definitely doesn't work for me either... so lets shoot for
Sunday July 13 @ 4:00 at Chicks & Wings off Rt. 7
Sound good?

RunningOnEMT
06-30-08, 02:06 PM
In!!!!!!!

qqik4u
06-30-08, 02:07 PM
Sound good?

count me in :highfive:

RunningOnEMT
06-30-08, 02:17 PM
should i bring the 1946 firetruck or the V:-p

lashss
06-30-08, 03:03 PM
13 July sounds good. What is parking like there?

Thanks,
LS

Natedog
06-30-08, 03:13 PM
not sure about the parking situation but i'll see if i can cruise by and scope it out later today

RunningOnEMT
06-30-08, 03:18 PM
i live right there in vienna, its not horrible... we'll be just fine, if the parking lot at chicks and wings is too small for the number of people that show up .. linen;s and things has a nice big lot right next door

TaVern
06-30-08, 04:21 PM
I have to work :(

You guys have fun.

ewill3rd
06-30-08, 04:57 PM
I can do 13th

ewill3rd
06-30-08, 05:04 PM
Justin, just don't go to work :lol:

TaVern
06-30-08, 06:10 PM
Justin, just don't go to work :lol:

How am I supposed to buy car shit from you guys if I don't have a job?

:lol:

ewill3rd
06-30-08, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah... I didn't think of that.

thebigjimsho
06-30-08, 08:53 PM
October is going to creep up quickly...

qqik4u
07-01-08, 02:18 PM
Sound good?

Natedog: That seems to be the time and place: Did you have a chance to look at the parking facility?

So Far: These folks showed interest within the thread - Hope to see all there. It would be nice to know the folks with screen names/names and the awesome owners behind the V's -

QQIK4U - Mick
EWILL3RD - Bill
TaVern
RunningOnEMT
NATEDOG
SWAMPGOAT
LASHSS
FIVEOH
V10BOOST
DUKIE1993
LEARJET
MVP
TRUKK - Chris
MIKEC

I am not really the coordinator - just instigating the folks to come out on a Sunday afternoon.

Mick

Natedog
07-01-08, 02:51 PM
I didn't have a chance to check it out but it seems RunningOnEMT is convinced we'll be fine with the parking situation. Linen's N Things is a good fall back.
Lookin forward to it !

dukie1993
07-01-08, 03:27 PM
I don't know. I think my wife will want to come if she finds out I'm going to a Linens & Things parking lot :shhh::wifeyapping:

RunningOnEMT
07-01-08, 03:35 PM
i can call ahead like that day and tell them we have a car club coming in and see if they can rope off some spots if we make a reservation

ewill3rd
07-01-08, 09:27 PM
Might be good to call ahead, especially if we plan to get food. I am sure I'll be hungry.
(um we can eat there right? :lol: )

Maximusthefarmer
07-02-08, 03:31 AM
Hey just wanted to say I plan on coming, assuming the latest series of repairs go ok and I actually can drive the car haha..look forward to seeing you guys there

ewill3rd
07-02-08, 06:37 AM
You are coming from NY?

PeteZourdos
07-02-08, 11:01 AM
i just bought a v last saturday. i can come on the 13th. i live in rockville.

TaVern
07-02-08, 11:17 AM
This is becoming a pretty big meet. I might have to bang out sick from work...

*COUGH*

qqik4u
07-02-08, 11:39 AM
i just bought a v last saturday. i can come on the 13th. i live in rockville.

:welcome: - see ya then

RVO27
07-02-08, 01:45 PM
Sweet, I knew I should have subscribed to this thread :p I'm going to try and make it. I'll possibly be coming back from the beach but I should be back in time.

Maximusthefarmer
07-02-08, 02:38 PM
You are coming from NY?

I should update my info I guess I moved back to Stafford..my car is actually up with you guys right now..it is the black V with the transmission and suspension problems. It has wheels and a hood if that helps at all.

ewill3rd
07-02-08, 09:26 PM
Ah yes... I know that car well.
I think they are waiting on trans parts, then we are going to re-evaluate your suspension problems.
Did you order something to adjust the shocks for your lowering springs?

PM me if you have any questions about that car.
As I said right now it is waiting for trans parts to fix the reverse issue so we can back it up. :lol:

FIVEOH!!!
07-02-08, 10:04 PM
I don't know. I think my wife will want to come if she finds out I'm going to a Linens & Things parking lot :shhh::wifeyapping:

just give her 2 -20% coupons and send her on her way ..

CTSV_510
07-02-08, 10:24 PM
I wish you guys were a little further north...I'm all alone up here! I'd love to come but 2 hrs 45 mins from here...

RightTurn
07-02-08, 10:52 PM
just give her 2 -20% coupons and send her on her way ..

ahahaha. :lol:

ewill3rd
07-03-08, 06:43 AM
8119 Watson St, MC Lean, VA 22102

That is the one right?

I have been contemplating putting a V emblem on my R6... I guess that would make me a poseur :lol:

Learjet
07-07-08, 11:39 AM
OK

I read back aways on this thread and I think what you are saying is Sunday the 13th in McLean?

Can someon confirm and give me the time.

I will be there.

Thanks

qqik4u
07-07-08, 11:46 AM
OK

I read back aways on this thread and I think what you are saying is Sunday the 13th in McLean?

Can someon confirm and give me the time.

I will be there.

Thanks

This is the date and location as someone picked this spot and we all agreed on the date and time and place.

These are the folks who I picked from this thread that want to come out: Hope all can make it:highfive:
QQIK4U - Mick
EWILL3RD - Bill
TaVern - Justin
RunningOnEMT
NATEDOG
SWAMPGOAT
LASHSS
FIVEOH
V10BOOST
DUKIE1993
LEARJET
MVP
TRUKK - Chris
MIKEC
Maximusthefarmer
PeteZourdos
RVO27

ewill3rd
07-07-08, 02:01 PM
I'm in, cleared it with "the boss" :lol:
She says I can go.
:D
I just need to find that V emblem for my bike!

Learjet
07-07-08, 04:23 PM
Thanks

I will see y'al there

trukk
07-07-08, 05:25 PM
I probabaly won't be there. my wife is a bit V'd out right now, due to the mechanical issues I suffered at VIR, and the added downtime to the familly that caused.

I'll have to play it by ear.

-Chris

v10boost
07-07-08, 06:17 PM
I'm in, cleared it with "the boss" :lol:
She says I can go.
I just need to find that V emblem for my bike!

don't do it, that is yamaha and has 4 less cylinders.

ewill3rd
07-07-08, 07:57 PM
I'll just feel out of place without one. :D

;)

MIKEC
07-07-08, 09:29 PM
question fellas just in case i missed it.but due to the crappy weather we have been having will this be a rain or shine event.

ewill3rd
07-08-08, 06:53 AM
I'll be up there.... rain or no, it will just be a different mode of transportation.
I need to get my bike out and ride.
I am planning a day ride for the 20th. Any of you guys ride bikes (motorcycles) too? You are welcome to come along.
The more the merrier.

qqik4u
07-08-08, 09:33 AM
question fellas just in case i missed it.but due to the crappy weather we have been having will this be a rain or shine event.

So far the weather.com calls it a good day. I suggest we have it rain or shine, since we are just meeting the owners and their cars (+eat some food) and find some info from each other as we all probably pass by each other on many occassions.

see ya there then:cool2:

Natedog
07-08-08, 09:51 AM
its 10 min from my house, so i've got no excuses.... see u guys on sunday

DAYMAN
07-09-08, 02:38 PM
Just came across this thread, and was planning on being in D.C. for a family matter on the 16th, so, I guess I will leave a few days sooner! Count me in...:highfive:.

qqik4u
07-09-08, 02:54 PM
Just came across this thread, and was planning on being in D.C. for a family matter on the 16th, so, I guess I will leave a few days sooner! Count me in...:highfive:.

That's will be awesome - A true V owner
See ya then.

Mick

Cowan480
07-09-08, 08:46 PM
Just read every word of this thread and it kills me!! I wished I live closer to DC, I am all the way in SW VA. Five hours away. Wish I could make it!! I am planning to be at summit for V meeting!!

Maggie is coming off tomorrow and sent to Mangacharger for warrenty work. I wouldnt be able to come if I was in DC!!!

Enjoy your time Sunday!!

ewill3rd
07-09-08, 09:00 PM
Hopefully we will all see you in October :D

lashss
07-10-08, 02:49 PM
I'm very impressed with the response to the initial idea. It will be fun to link up with some local owners.

This will be the first of many more, frequent social gatherings of Baltimore-DC area V owners.

LS

dukie1993
07-10-08, 05:51 PM
I'm probably not going to be able to make it. I'm taking my new V in to Lindsay due to a coolant leak on Saturday. I doubt they'll be able to turn it around fast enough for me to make the meet on Sunday.

I'm going through a lot of coolant :chill:, otherwise I'd consider postponing the service for a couple days.

qqik4u
07-10-08, 06:51 PM
Dukie1993 - Just put a coolant in and make it on Sunday - It's not like Lindsay is going to work on it Sat (afternoon) or Sunday. Unless Bill wants to work on it fix it and then drive it to the meet as his Car :-).

Stop in anyway.

FYI - I drove by the place and the store next to Chics and Wings is Bed Bath and "V"eyond. Looks like there is some space for our cars to line up and also there is a used car dealer selling some euro imports eeeoftysons.com. All let's make it at 4PM on Sunday then - I am looking forward to it.

dukie1993
07-10-08, 09:20 PM
I'm going to take it in tomorrow. Maybe they can see me early.

Invictus78
07-11-08, 02:14 AM
We all have discussed having one in the past, but have not coordinated one yet. If you want to coordinate one - I'll be there :)

Mick,

Thanks for the response. I would like to meet up sometime to see miss maggie. i dont think i will be able to make this weekends meet up though. what is your schedule like during the week.

Luke

ewill3rd
07-11-08, 06:38 AM
dukie,
If I was working tomorrow I could probably get you out.
There will be a couple guys that can handle whatever is wrong with your car.
Lost coolant is usually a radiator, and those really don't take that long to replace. Come early and I bet they can get you fixed up.

qqik4u
07-11-08, 08:49 AM
Mick,

Thanks for the response. I would like to meet up sometime to see miss maggie. i dont think i will be able to make this weekends meet up though. what is your schedule like during the week.

Luke

Anytime next week is good except next 19 - 23 going to beach :cool2:
Just give me a call:highfive:

RunningOnEMT
07-11-08, 09:12 AM
Dukie1993 - Just put a coolant in and make it on Sunday - It's not like Lindsay is going to work on it Sat (afternoon) or Sunday. Unless Bill wants to work on it fix it and then drive it to the meet as his Car :-).

Stop in anyway.

FYI - I drove by the place and the store next to Chics and Wings is Bed Bath and "V"eyond. Looks like there is some space for our cars to line up and also there is a used car dealer selling some euro imports eeeoftysons.com. All let's make it at 4PM on Sunday then - I am looking forward to it.

old info duuude... lol... i scoped it out 2 weeks ago... more than enough room

TaVern
07-11-08, 10:47 AM
Someone's going to post pics, right? Ya know, for the people who have to work? :(

RunningOnEMT
07-11-08, 01:00 PM
you already said you were skipping work
but i'll be taking many many pictures

MIKEC
07-11-08, 01:08 PM
hey fellas i plan on being there sunday but i want to know if anyone need any parts.i have the origiani engine cover, stock manifolds with the cats still connected and the stock ls6 intake manifold.if anyone needs these parts let me know and i will bring them with me.

dukie1993
07-12-08, 08:56 PM
Thanks ewill3rd. It turned out to be a water pump, but they (you?) were able to get it fixed up by 1pm today. Now my only hurdle is getting out of the pool party my wife signed me up for at 4pm :( :eek:

ewill3rd
07-13-08, 08:42 AM
Robert fixed it, I saw it come in and I saw the coolant POURING out of that thing.
I was pretty busy and he was my apprentice for almost 2 years. He does good work and I usually let him take stuff when I get too covered up.
Good luck getting out of the party.

Looks like a good day to get the old Yamaha out. I need to do some practice riding and toughen up my keester. Planning on going on a long ride next weekend.
Any of you biker types (rice or non) are welcome to come too. Just ask if you want details, we ride on the 20th.

I hope it is okay if a non-V owner shows up for today's shindig.

dukie1993
07-13-08, 12:38 PM
Fine by me :)

I'll be there too. I got the kitchen pass -woot!

TaVern
07-13-08, 05:37 PM
You guys having a good time???

:sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :( :crying: :( :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes:

dukie1993
07-13-08, 06:00 PM
It was great meeting everyone. Too bad it looks like rain is about to start falling.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

ewill3rd
07-13-08, 06:24 PM
I did ride my bike out... but the rain chased me away. The sky started turning black and I chickened out... good thing too, it is POURING right now!

Thanks guys, I wish I could have stayed longer and had some dinner... I am hungry!

dukie1993
07-13-08, 06:46 PM
If you had a V, you could have waited out the rain :) Glad you made it back alive. It was nice to meet you. Now I'll know who to have work on my car next time I bring it in. :)

qqik4u
07-13-08, 06:54 PM
Thanks for everyone for coming - I enjoyed meeting all

I wish we could have stayed for Dinner. Rain Chased us away - Next time.

Lashss - Thanks for that awesome ride in the Mallet V

It was great meeting all - Folks who showed up were as follow (10 V's woohoo) - with some info on them - Hope that's OK

Luke - All coming to VII day :thumbsup:

Ewill3rd - Bill:
Black V's
QQIK4U - Mick and his sons Dillon and Darian
MikeC - Mike
RVO27 - Randy and his girlfriend and a Harley Davidson Rider friend (did not get his name - sorry)
Natedog - Nate
Learjet - Bob
Redline V's
RunningOnEMT - Corey
Dukie1993 - Jeff
Silver V's
Lashss - Lash and his friend Kevin
FiveOH - Jose
Dayman - Ira

Here are some early pics - I am sure better pics to follow from Jeff:

Also - funny how all the colors lined up automatically without coordinating it.

Mick

Cowan480
07-13-08, 07:59 PM
WOW!!! nice pics!! Love it!!

V Day!! Anyone live near VIR?? We should meet there before VII Day!!

dukie1993
07-13-08, 09:28 PM
Here is a link (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctsvphoto/sets/72157606153180569/) to my (29) photos on flickr.

I've also attached a few for those with flickr issues at work.

thebigjimsho
07-13-08, 09:49 PM
Is Lashss's Mallett V the platinum with dark wheels? Looks killer...

FIVEOH!!!
07-13-08, 10:01 PM
Is Lashss's Mallett V the platinum with dark wheels? Looks killer...
http://i36.tinypic.com/xbefdi.jpg
yessssssssssss....!

thebigjimsho
07-13-08, 10:41 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/xbefdi.jpg
yessssssssssss....!He is so pretty in Blades of Glory...

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/776/776865/blades-of-glory-20070329042750512.jpg

lashss
07-13-08, 10:55 PM
Guys, great meeting everyone today. It was nice to talk to QQIK4U and Five-Oh in person.

I was very impressed with everyone's enthusiasm and the mods to the cars.

I believe Learjet (?) had the widened rear wheels with the 295mm tires? That was nutty!

QQIK4U, your car sounds excellent.

Thanks,
LS

Learjet
07-14-08, 02:38 PM
Nice to met everyone and again for the V Day I group.

I was thinking 305's would look even better!

I could do this every month or so maybe move it arround anyway count me in if you put another together - otherwise see you at V Day II.

RunningOnEMT
07-14-08, 02:44 PM
I'm going to put together a run out to Purcelville in the next couple weeks, out Leesburg Pike to the wine country out there, its a great drive maybe even do something consumate with the class level of the car and get a wine tasting out that way (something to justify it to the wives instead of just wasting gas)

btw i'm in the process of uploading all mypics now.

RunningOnEMT
07-14-08, 02:56 PM
here's alink to all the photos... there's more but they are either very similar to the ones i uploaded or just pure C**P

Link to Photos (http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=235654101/a=109448286_109448286/t_=109448286)

dukie1993
07-14-08, 03:28 PM
Boo for making us log into the snapfish account Corey :(

EDIT:

Nice photos though once I registered. I like the "action" shots of me walking around with my camera :)

You also got shots of the Mallet engine before we moved to the bank parking lot and the hood stayed closed. My neck is hurting a bit from the vertical shots on their side. :spin:

RunningOnEMT
07-14-08, 03:30 PM
ok i suck at this sharing thing... i guess i could use picasa...

qqik4u
07-14-08, 03:55 PM
I'm going to put together a run out to Purcelville in the next couple weeks, out Leesburg Pike to the wine country out there, its a great drive maybe even do something consumate with the class level of the car and get a wine tasting out that way (something to justify it to the wives instead of just wasting gas)

Nice pics man - count me in on any leesburg pike run you want. BTW - Like the part when we all left that parking lot with small rumble showing who's go the biggest:devil:

Maximusthefarmer
07-14-08, 03:59 PM
Man I wish I could have made this meeting, looks like it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I had a bolt from my front suspension shear off so...wasn't gonna make the drive on 3 wheels haha. From the guys who went, or who missed, is there interest in doing this again? If so, what does everyone think about how soon/long until the next meet?
Max

qqik4u
07-14-08, 04:13 PM

Man I wish I could have made this meeting, looks like it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I had a bolt from my front suspension shear off so...wasn't gonna make the drive on 3 wheels haha. From the guys who went, or who missed, is there interest in doing this again? If so, what does everyone think about how soon/long until the next meet?
Max

Looks like Corey (RunningOnEMT) is trying to setup something in the next couple of weeks.

Also - Lash was mentioning doing something in MD area where there are some good roads for all to just do a drive and then get lunch.

Since we did'nt get any Dinner - Next time I can sure use some food:bouncy:

Corey or anyone else - if you need help in organizing the next meet just PM me and I can help.

RunningOnEMT
07-14-08, 04:28 PM
Nice pics man - count me in on any leesburg pike run you want. BTW - Like the part when we all left that parking lot with small rumble showing who's go the biggest:devil:

i was trying to get my dashcam turned on in time to catch you pulling away from the light under 123... couldnt get it in time though

FIVEOH!!!
07-14-08, 06:56 PM
Whoa !!! A pic of me with the fellow FIVE-OH's !! Love it :)

lashss
07-15-08, 12:23 PM
I've got an event ready. We'd meet in Burtonsville, MD, embark on a 60 minute drive on backroads and then convene for lunch on a Sunday AM. The route is already planned and completed.

You VA guys will cry when you see the roads in MD. And, nobody will go to jail and get fined $25,345,245.00 by VA State Police for 20mph over, window tint and non OEM exhaust.

The start and endpoints of the drive would be within 35 mins of Tysons Corner, VA. The cost per person would be less than $15 for lunch.

I just need a date that works for most.

Corey, did you have a drive/event planned out? If so, I can move mine to a date later in the summer. Let me know and we can coordinate.

We really should do a V related event monthly.

LS

RunningOnEMT
07-15-08, 01:18 PM
Whoa !!! A pic of me with the fellow FIVE-OH's !! Love it :)

that picture is act ually pretty big before the resize, i can crop it and clean it up if you want a bigger picture

RunningOnEMT
07-15-08, 01:20 PM
I've got an event ready. We'd meet in Burtonsville, MD, embark on a 60 minute drive on backroads and then convene for lunch on a Sunday AM. The route is already planned and completed.

You VA guys will cry when you see the roads in MD. And, nobody will go to jail and get fined $25,345,245.00 by VA State Police for 20mph over, window tint and non OEM exhaust.

The start and endpoints of the drive would be within 35 mins of Tysons Corner, VA. The cost per person would be less than $15 for lunch.

I just need a date that works for most.

Corey, did you have a drive/event planned out? If so, I can move mine to a date later in the summer. Let me know and we can coordinate.

We really should do a V related event monthly.

LS

Its all good lash, go forward with yours.

I have fire academy coming up and i'm not really free to do much major planning until the beginning of october.

I have a route planned out but the events not so much yet, There's some awesome roads out by 2quick over into WV, only about a 2.5 hour round trip.

Also once i graduate from my academy i want to put together a trip down to the dragon.

RunningOnEMT
07-15-08, 01:21 PM
Boo for making us log into the snapfish account Corey :(

EDIT:

Nice photos though once I registered. I like the "action" shots of me walking around with my camera :)

You also got shots of the Mallet engine before we moved to the bank parking lot and the hood stayed closed. My neck is hurting a bit from the vertical shots on their side. :spin:

hey, its not my fault you kept walking into my shots... lol

and snapfish is teh suck ... picasa autorotates...

Maximusthefarmer
07-15-08, 02:46 PM
You VA guys will cry when you see the roads in MD. And, nobody will go to jail and get fined $25,345,245.00 by VA State Police for 20mph over, window tint and non OEM exhaust
LS

hahaha..not funny actually I think I get pulled over once every couple weeks for the most ridiculous reasons...but so true..can't wait to move to Florida although I hear they can be rough as well but can't be worse

RVO27
07-16-08, 03:07 PM
It was really cool to meet everybody last Sunday. Too bad the rain cut it short :( I was the last one to leave the parking lot waiting for my friend to come back from parking his harley in the parking garage. It was awesome watching all you guys roll out at once :rock: Can't wait to do it again.

Learjet
07-17-08, 05:28 PM
you name the time and place I am in

Cowan480
07-17-08, 06:51 PM
runningonemt, did you say the dragon? meaning dragon's tail in TN? I use to live about 5mins from the dragon, I will help you with that set up if that's what youre talking about!!:thumbsup:

Also, I know everyone is talking about meets this summer, but I did talk to Luke today and I mentioned having a meet before VDayII. I know it's still a couple of months away but it's never too early to talk about a meet with the V's. VDayII is on a Monday and Summit is very close to DC, so I was wondering if anyone is interested in a possible meet Sat and/or Sunday before VDayII. Any thoughts or interest??

RVO27
07-17-08, 08:53 PM
I'm interested!

qqik4u
07-17-08, 10:17 PM
runningonemt, did you say the dragon? meaning dragon's tail in TN? I use to live about 5mins from the dragon, I will help you with that set up if that's what youre talking about!!:thumbsup:

Also, I know everyone is talking about meets this summer, but I did talk to Luke today and I mentioned having a meet before VDayII. I know it's still a couple of months away but it's never too early to talk about a meet with the V's. VDayII is on a Monday and Summit is very close to DC, so I was wondering if anyone is interested in a possible meet Sat and/or Sunday before VDayII. Any thoughts or interest??

That would be a definite for me - Just let me know and I will be there like learjet :highfive:

FIVEOH!!!
07-17-08, 11:08 PM
Def interested on that run. Gotta get my car into Lindsay soon.

Cowan480
07-17-08, 11:24 PM
it's great to see all the interest in like 1hr, I'll have you know, I am not from that area so there is no way I can organize the meet but I am there no matter what!! anyway, we have plenty of time to think about it. I'd like to see it a saturday, sunday, and track day at summit on monday!! Killer weekend!!! i'm not trying to direct or anything, but someone should start a thread Pre VDAYII type thing!!!

Those pics of the meet last weekend were awesome!! I'd like the chance to meet you guy/gals, and this might be the only time a lot of us forum members/V owers will be in your area.

As for the Dragon's tail. That date would be up to forum members, I can be there in like 2hrs, so that means I can go after work!! It's up to forum member!!

RunningOnEMT
07-18-08, 12:32 PM
I am actually in fire fighter academy every tuesday/thursday/saturday/sunday until christmas so i'm unfortunately out for most meets, but please don't let that be a determining factor in the dragon's tail meet

I just want to plan one for spring is all... i DO have a good run kinda planned out from tysons to purcellville in loudon county. There's actually a cool restaurant out there, its on the premesis of a winery and they have badass drinks.

Learjet
07-18-08, 03:50 PM
I'd do it

Cowan480
07-18-08, 04:24 PM
Drinks, driving, and V's???? Not a good combo for me!! I'm a light weight!! Spring time for the dragon?? That seems like forever away to me.

qqik4u
07-25-08, 10:57 PM
Hey guys - I just went to a car gathering of all sorts and met up with a new CTS-V owner named "Luke" - Screen name Invictus78 - He had posted a thread earlier but no one responded from the DC side.:mad: But, until he called me today and I went :bouncy:- His thread was http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/145675-sterling-va-chick-fil-meet-ups.html

So many cars showed up and of course we represented the two black V's - would have been nice to have other fast colors - next time to represent other colors and the power Vs have. Amongst some of the cars there was the new GTR and and extreme scion (for sale). Here are some pics for your view.

Let's make the next Friday or the following another meet at the Sterling VA location.

Luke nice meeting you - I had fun:highfive:

qqik4u
07-25-08, 11:16 PM
sorry guys trying to post cleaner pictures - one more time

Invictus78
07-28-08, 10:23 PM
Mick,

Nice meeting you too. I was able to recruit another V owner. Would you believe another guy in my neighborhood just bought a Black 2005.

As for the next two Fridays i am out of town but will definitly give you a call in 3 weeks when i will be around. Lets try and organize a strong showing for that Friday.

Can you send me the contact info for your guys at Lindsay and Moore Cadillac. Also do you have a local tint guy you can recommend.

Luke

Natedog
07-28-08, 10:32 PM
Mick,

Nice meeting you too. I was able to recruit another V owner. Would you believe another guy in my neighborhood just bought a Black 2005.

As for the next two Fridays i am out of town but will definitly give you a call in 3 weeks when i will be around. Lets try and organize a strong showing for that Friday.

Can you send me the contact info for your guys at Lindsay and Moore Cadillac. Also do you have a local tint guy you can recommend.

Luke
Fresh designs in College Park for tint... was recommended to me and i'll back their work as well.. best material and lifetime warranty.. $180 and its first come first serve

qqik4u
07-28-08, 10:37 PM
Mick,

Luke

PM sent

Natedog - Come out to Sterling VA car show - seems like it is held every Friday -

smoothmarine187
07-29-08, 11:48 AM
PM sent

Natedog - Come out to Sterling VA car show - seems like it is held every Friday -

I just picked up an 05 V a couple of weeks ago. I went there a couple of times when I had my Evo with DCevoclub.

qqik4u
07-29-08, 12:03 PM
I just picked up an 05 V a couple of weeks ago. I went there a couple of times when I had my Evo with DCevoclub.

Good take on the V :highfive:

Just let me know if you show up at that show - I will come by and meet up with you just like I did with Luke (not to be confused with Lindsay Luke the King) last Friday - There are many V owners in our neck of the woods and we all met up in tysons area also.

I am hoping for another meet before the V day in Oct.

Mick

Natedog
07-29-08, 01:21 PM
PM sent

Hey Mick,
I'll be out of town this week and possibly next, but i should be able to make the 15th for sure... lets shoot for then ?