: A compliment to the V

Vecstasy
06-20-08, 02:03 AM
I have owned this car for about 4 months now and I must say it seems to be getting better and better. It is so much fun to go out fire it up and go for a drive. It makes all your worries and trouble disappear with one stab of the throttle. Now mine is really stock but damn it is just such a fun amazing car. This is a useless post really but I wanted to throw it out there because I know how much EVERYONE on this board enjoys their cars.!

heavymetals
06-20-08, 03:36 AM
The V is a hoot.

Maggie it and it's like owning your own ride at Six Flaggs. :eek:

tdyguy2k
06-20-08, 03:42 AM
I've had mine for about 5 weeks, and I have to say that I agree. Someday, maybe, I'll get a Maggie. But until then, I'll continue to kill my average mpg rating by stabbing the go fast pedal every chance that I get.

smorgan
06-20-08, 07:26 AM
Let me tell you Im not into carving corners that much but my wifes V is almost more fun to drive than my 700+ hp 71 Camaro! I think its becuse you expect the power out of the Camaro not a 4 door Caddy.

CTSV_510
06-20-08, 08:01 AM
I actually can't wait to go to work because I have to DRIVE there! :D

rand49er
06-20-08, 09:44 AM
The V is a hoot.

Maggie it and it's like owning your own ride at Six Flaggs. :eek::yeah:

groverdill
06-20-08, 11:04 AM
Well said. I shall chirp 3rd in honor of this thread!

gfourth
06-20-08, 11:18 AM
The V is the funnest car I have ever driven. Period.

I am crawling out of my skin, my V has been at the dealer since tuesday.:crybaby:

onebadcad
06-20-08, 02:09 PM
Even on days when I don't drive the V, she still gets a hug and some dusting, cleaning, spray waxing, etc....

P.S. The V ain't no chick, but I don't hug guys, so I know you know what I means, right?!?!?

tdyguy2k
06-20-08, 08:35 PM
I actually can't wait to go to work because I have to DRIVE there! :D

:yeah::rave:

YoshiV
06-21-08, 10:43 AM
I feel ya! Last week I gave my friends father a ride, he's in his early 60's. I opened it up just once through 1st and 2nd from a stop sign on a rural road, he was grinning ear to ear, we had to run over and pick up his brother so he could "check it out". I think I took them both back like 40 years. It's an amazing car, all the modern day Cadillac luxury and what-not...open the tap and it sounds and moves like a proper muscle car.

tweeter81
06-21-08, 02:28 PM
I also agree that this car is amazing. You know, sometimes when little things keep going wrong with the car, or you are stuck in MOD HELL it can be a little frustrating, but all I have to do is go out and do a little spirited driving and that combined with all the looks my car gets always makes me fall in love again with her.

I have even been having some thoughts lately about trying to sell the V and put some money away and eventually replace her with a C6 Z06, but after my getting re-acquainted with my car again this morning (I only drive it on the weekends) I don't think I would have the heart to sell her, she is truly a part of my family...I know I'm weird...:cloud9:

CTSV_Rob
06-21-08, 03:55 PM
In a car guy sort of way.

What a fun car to drive and I am looking forward to driving her today. Probably going to put about 130 miles on her today and will be loving every second of it.

You those of you that haven't put this car on the track yet you don't know what your missing. You are using about 30 -40% of the car. When you get her out to the track you learn what she can really do. The problem with that is you also find out where her short comings are and then it's time to enter the gates of MOD HELL.

I really love my V1 and I will be doing what it takes to make her compete with the 09 V. I do like that car but the additional weight is really bothering me. This car is already a bit heavy for the track and an additional 300 pounds is more then I want to deal with.

Soooooo....
AFR 205's and a modest Comp grind and I will be on my way to over 400 at the wheels and a KW coil over kit to improve the handling. Waiting on Lunarx to install his to give me feedback on whether I should do it. They make great stuff so I think I already know what the answer is :D

V FTW!!!

TaVern
06-21-08, 05:04 PM
I love the looks I get. I love how most people have no idea what a V is, but those that do will notice.

Just this morning, I had a guy come up to me and go "Hey! You gotta V!" We talked some, answered some of his questions. He was driving an AMG.

lunarx
06-21-08, 06:51 PM

Soooooo....
AFR 205's and a modest Comp grind and I will be on my way to over 400 at the wheels and a KW coil over kit to improve the handling. Waiting on Lunarx to install his to give me feedback on whether I should do it. They make great stuff so I think I already know what the answer is :D

V FTW!!!

Rob, forget the KW Coilovers. :thepan:

What you want are FE4's.
Anything else will only make your car slower on track. :alchi:

CTSV_Rob
06-21-08, 07:22 PM
OK, I didn't see that coming.

Drunk Lunarx FTW. :D

rand49er
06-21-08, 07:33 PM
... the gates of MOD HELL. ...

Waiting on Lunarx to install his to give me feedback on whether I should do it. ...Ah-h yes ... TGOMH!

If Ernie does that, would it make sense to make a play for his GC (can't remember if you've already got one or not)?

FT AR205's and that sissy 400 RWHP stuff ... get a maggie. ;) (Rob, ask GMBound about his maggie ride yesterday.)

heavymetals
06-21-08, 09:58 PM
Rob got a ride and a drive in mine.:shhh:

gfourth
06-21-08, 10:00 PM
It was 110 degrees here today and the A/C is not working in my car, but that didn't keep me from driving it today!:highfive:

CTSV_Rob
06-22-08, 02:51 AM
Was strongly thinking of going to a Maggie until I read this artticle.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0611phr_ls2_modification/index.html

Not sure what your getting with the Maggie but is it up here? This is at the fly wheel but assuming a 100 hp loss you will still be at 470 RWHP which is pretty respectable without having to worry about heat soak or the Magna volt.
http://images.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0611phr_24_z+ls2_engine+final_graph.jpg

Still weighing my options but with a slight increase in weight and approx. the same gains and cheaper I should at least look into it.

CTSV_Rob
06-22-08, 02:52 AM
Rob got a ride and a drive in mine.:shhh:
Awesome with the Maggie, You have one nice Car Heavy!!!!

heavymetals
06-22-08, 04:41 AM
Thanks!

I like it. :cool:

Glad you do to.

That was a nice pastrami wasn't it?

BlackStellion
06-22-08, 01:17 PM
I love this car sooooo much.
Gas prices suck! but I can't help to giving it throttle.
I wanna drive it all the time.
They really need to make a track around here besides the normal 1/8 - 1/4 mile
Dont really like the 1/8 of a mile (it's over too fast) :(

Cowan480
06-22-08, 01:47 PM
the car is great!I have had mine for 2 years and I am goin with the maggie/cam/headers/etc. this week at Vengeance Racing.