: Heated and Cooled Cup Holders.. Do they REALLY work?

Dmntxn77
06-20-08, 01:01 AM
I have an 05 Escalade ESV Platinum, and it, of course, has all the silly options like heated and cooled cup holders.

My question is, are they suppose to really work? My rig only has 17,000 original miles so it is still under the factory warranty. Everytime I take it in for warranty work, they tell me that the cup holders work like they are suppose to.

They always feel cool to the touch, but NEVER cold, and NEVER hot.

I know they they are unecessary, but I figure that if they are there, they should work...

Anyone else have some that work?

china99
06-20-08, 05:52 AM
Mine work and I actually use the cooling all the time. I just posted about this like 2 seconds ago LOL.

I've accidentally closed the compartment too hard and pressed the heating button and when I reached my hand in there, I quickly pulled it back because it was hot!

The cooling temperature gets very cold also. I'm not sure why you aren't getting the same reaction. I have about 22,000 miles on mine and it's the same year. They should be working fine. Maybe tell them to "fix" them anyway.

Dmntxn77
06-21-08, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the input...

I am scheduled to drop it off again next week, and guess I will impose a bit more pressure to get it fixed..

Lu Scola
06-21-08, 05:09 AM
Can anyone take a pic of the cup holders. i want to modify my EXT to have them I lsready have the refrigerator/ food warmer behind my rear seat where the truck bed partition is. I just want the cupholders up front. i will buy the parts and modify, Just want to see the difference between the consoles so I can get aa idea of what I need to do to get it done, i am also going to do the A/C seats too.

Dmntxn77
06-22-08, 02:48 AM
I can get a pic later for you. However, I am pretty sure that hte console just the same with the exception of the switchs and a small metallic pad in each cup holder.

I dont know if any platniums were offered with a second row bench that would fit in your EXT, but my second row captain chairs are also heated and cooled. That would be a nice touch to add while you were at it...

sam hamm
06-24-08, 03:21 PM
id like to see pictures also