: Coil Bank Problems

JROJAS6326@BELLSOUTH
06-19-08, 08:22 PM
I got a p1360 code which refers to the coil bank II which is the front one, replaced it with a delco coil bank erased the code but the check engine light came back on with the same p1360 code, can anyone help me get my 2001 deuville n* back to normal, it starts and runs no noticeable misses but big drop in mpgs. tks

krimson_cardnal
06-19-08, 11:26 PM
Would suggest not using your email as a user name! K_C

Logandiagnostic
06-20-08, 12:36 AM
I personally carry a spare coil bank in my trunk.

Strange, front one is silver, rear is black. They are interchangeable.

Anyway, I don't think its the coil bank that is bad. I think your IC module that plugs into the coil bank is bad.

It's the unit that the harness plugs into, then plugs into the coil pack.

Logan Diagnostic LLC
www.ledfix.com
www.airbagcrash.com
www.logandieselusa.com

JROJAS6326@BELLSOUTH
06-20-08, 07:03 PM
Thanks I will look into ic unit is there any way to check to make sure it's that unit prior to getting a new one, I hate to keep buying these expensive parts for then to be something else?? I did take the new coil bank out and found some moisture on the boots and springs that go on the spark plugs clean them up real good and reseated them erased the check engine light only for it to come back on on the next start up.

JROJAS6326@BELLSOUTH
06-20-08, 11:58 PM
I looked into the ignition control module and that should not be the problem since the coil bank i installed has it's own icm, I guess it could be defective but i think it's very unlikely, where are all the expert techs on this one?????

Submariner409
06-21-08, 08:20 AM
No "experts" on this one because coil pack failure on a post-2000 coil-on-plug setup is rare, rare.

Other than Logandiagnostic suggesting coil pack connections and ICM's, you might trace the wiring harnesses, looking for cut or exposed conductors, then carefully open the air filter box and, one at a time, remove and reconnect the large multi-pin connectors for the PCM. The bolts are captive and the connectors are tight. Only other thing which comes to mind is the ground spring under each coil pack. It MUST have good, clean, strong contact.

JROJAS6326@BELLSOUTH
06-22-08, 05:08 AM
just added new boots and springs and checked all plugs on the bad side (front) reset the code and check engine came right back.
The funny thing is I do not notice any miss in engine also she starts right up runs smooth but there is a big drop in mpg averaging about only 14 mpg

Submariner409
06-22-08, 11:34 AM
Standing in front of the car, with the engine beauty cover off, look at the right rear of the intake manifold. On the right rear of the fuel rail is a small round can with a vacuum nipple on top. The FPR - fuel pressure regulator. Start the car and pull the vacuum line off the FPR. Is the line and nipple dry, or is there gas in there? If gas, replace the FPR.....simple hair clip looking retainer removal. Oil the O-rings on the new one.....www.rockauto.com or Lindsay Cadillac, parts, Luke, over there ------>

That's ^^ one place to look, but you might do searches in here for throttlebody cleaning, plenum cracks, ........what spark plugs are you using ??

JimD
06-22-08, 12:36 PM
P1360 - Ignition Coil Group 2 Control Circuit

If it was my car, I would be checking for loose/damaged/corroded connector pins at the black PCM connector. Also check the chassis wire harness at and near the PCM.

JROJAS6326@BELLSOUTH
06-22-08, 01:36 PM
the plugs are ac delco the expensive ones them along with fpr and a tb cleaning were replaced 3 months ago, I just finished taking apart the air filter box to get to pcm removed connectors and sprayed with electric connector cleaner only 2 things come to mind a bad ground or like a member previously mentioned that the coil banks are interchangeable that the icm plug got transpose and the problem is the back bank ????