: How to tell if I am still within warranty

deedubb
06-19-08, 12:16 PM
Got a quick question, hope someone has a quick answer ;)

My V is an 05 and has about 28K miles on it. I am having some very difficult time shifting and after some research, may end up being a problem with my syncros.
My question is, I am under the mileage on the warranty (if its 3 year/36K factory warranty) but am I over on years since its an 05? How do i confirm or check that?

Thanks

deedubb
06-19-08, 12:37 PM
In re-reading that, it sounds kind of dumb. I guess where the confusion is, the manufacturers date says 12/2004 but its labeled as a 2005. If they use the date to start the warranty in which it was made, im over. If they use the date it is labeled (model year), i am in the middle somewhere there. If they use the date it was first sold, im not sure how i'd figure that out.

CTSV_510
It's a 4 year 50k miles factory warranty.

Join as a supporting member and post the VIN in the sticky thread and you'll get the answer.

CTSV_510
In re-reading that, it sounds kind of dumb. I guess where the confusion is, the manufacturers date says 12/2004 but its labeled as a 2005. If they use the date to start the warranty in which it was made, im over. If they use the date it is labeled (model year), i am in the middle somewhere there. If they use the date it was first sold, im not sure how i'd figure that out.

It's the date of delivery to the first owner. That will be given if you post your VIN in the vin sticky after you become a supporting member. :)

RightTurn
06-19-08, 12:45 PM
deedubb--call your local Caddy dealer service dept; give 'em the VIN. They can verify your warranty.

deedubb
06-19-08, 12:46 PM
It's a 4 year 50k miles factory warranty.

Join as a supporting member and post the VIN in the sticky thread and you'll get the answer.

Thank you both for the info.

I just upped my membership to a "supporting member" and will wait for it to take affect before I follow your advice for the VIN thread :quagmire:

deedubb
06-19-08, 12:47 PM
Holy Schnikies....that was fast. Already labeled as a supporting member WOOOHOOOO

thebigjimsho
06-19-08, 01:32 PM
deedubb--call your local Caddy dealer service dept; give 'em the VIN. They can verify your warranty.X2 Just give a Caddy dealer your VIN. It takes seconds...

Cadillac Tony
06-19-08, 02:04 PM
Click my name above and send me your VIN in a Private Message. I'll pull up your in-service date and warranty info for you.

deedubb
06-19-08, 02:06 PM
You're too kind! PM Sent.

Thank you much!

Cadillac Tony
06-19-08, 02:08 PM
Posted in the VIN sticky thread. Thanks for Supporting the forum. :thumbsup: