: Newbie owner questions

sburgin
06-19-08, 09:26 AM
Hello all. I'm the proud new papa of an 05 STS with a little over 15K mile. So far I'm in heaven. Few questions for you though if you would oblige me.

1) can't get my remote access to start. i've double checked that it's enabled in the computer for both driver 1 and driver 2(i'm carrying the driver 2 fob). remote start is standard right ? i've also validated that the valet mode is not on. any other suggestions why it might not be working?

2) on the topic of standard options - i found another post that mentioned the tag on the underside of the spare tire cover that lists the shipped options. is there a table that converts these cryptic codes to something I can understand :-) ?

3) any suggestions on what to use to clean/condition the leather ? anyone have any favorite brands that they've found work well ?

I'm looking forward to hanging out in this forum - Thanks !

BirdJC
06-19-08, 10:10 AM
Congratulations on the purchase, I'll try to help some..
1. make sure you push the Lock button first, then push and hold the start button for about 5 seconds or so, should fire up. I don't think it will start unless the doors are locked first.
2. google gm rpo codes and you'll find a listing of all codes used with a little description. I just did this just the other day. web site may be rpocodes.com but I'm not 100% sure on that...
3. I would think any high end leather product should work for ya, Meguirs, Groits to name a few....

sburgin
06-19-08, 10:47 AM
Okay - I just realized I double posted this from yesterday. I didn't see this post go through yesterday and presumed I did something wrong - so I retyped it only to find it had in fact posted ---- my apologies. feel like a moron

Lifer
06-19-08, 11:50 AM
2. google gm rpo codes and you'll find a listing of all codes used with a little description. I just did this just the other day. web site may be rpocodes.com but I'm not 100% sure on that...

Also try http://www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/index.php

Scott A
06-19-08, 05:20 PM
3) any suggestions on what to use to clean/condition the leather ? anyone have any favorite brands that they've found work well ?
For my money saddle soap for cleaning and Neat's Foot Oil for conditioning are the best. You should be able to find them at any saddle shop or western supply store.