: Calling all Michiganders

GMBOUND
06-19-08, 12:13 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/gmbound/CTS-V/Michigan/IMG00173.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/gmbound/CTS-V/Michigan/IMG00174.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/gmbound/CTS-V/Michigan/IMG00176.jpg

I'm here in Warren, and I'm seeing more than a handfull of V's. I've seen two Black V's (1) with powder coated wheels, that parks in the same parking lot and another that parks 2 buildings over. I just seen another Infrared V today.

Don't make me post your vanity plates to get your attention.

Anyways I would like to meet you guys and hang out.

BTW, I was out looking for some Ammo and I found Specter Works, I stopped by this afternoon but they don't keep late hours. I'll catch up with them later.

Get at me folks!

rand49er
06-19-08, 07:38 AM
Too bad you missed out on our good weather. It's chilly here now ... br-r-r!

Don't know if those V's you saw are on here, but SlothV, Mbiker97, and Bigron are really close with a few others in the nearby suburbs. I'm just outside the suburbs.

:welcome:

Bigron
06-19-08, 07:41 AM
I work in Southfield, and live in Royal Oak for now. If there is a meet, im always down.

rand49er
06-19-08, 09:15 AM
... If there is a meet, im always down.You know, we really SHOULD do a little something before the Dream Cruise ... nothing big deal ... just to say, "Hello." I'd have my five-year-old son (the little crayon meister :helpless:), so boredom would be the limiting factor unless we went this Sunday afternoon between 2 pm and 6 pm when he'll be a birthday party.

Say, they ALWAYS have a car meet at Baker's just south of Milford/Proving Ground area on Sundays ... easy trip up I-696/I-96 to Milford road. Just a thought. Wanna meet up there this Sunday at, say, 2:30 or so? Bakers or wherever?

Bigron
06-19-08, 09:44 AM
Is this where your talking about?

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/

thebigjimsho
06-19-08, 10:34 AM
Ugh. I hope you put a clear bra on the ass end of your V...

MescalVto
06-19-08, 10:44 AM
Get used to seeing other V's around here, especially in the suburbs; I see other V's weekly (sometimes daily) in the Farmington Hills, Novi and West Bloomfield area. I believe most of them are likely not on this or any other internet forum . . .

Anyway, Specter guys are great, I have their splitter & spoiler and they also swapped my grills for black powder coated ones - they have an extra set; they also hosted the bomb meet before the dream cruise last year.

If you guys want to hook up I can probably make it too . . .:thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
06-19-08, 10:54 AM
Get used to seeing other V's around here, especially in the suburbs; I see other V's weekly (sometimes daily) in the Farmington Hills, Novi and West Bloomfield area. I believe most of them are likely not on this or any other internet forum . . .

Anyway, Specter guys are great, I have their splitter & spoiler and they also swapped my grills for black powder coated ones - they have an extra set; they also hosted the bomb meet before the dream cruise last year.

If you guys want to hook up I can probably make it too . . .:thumbsup:What does the other V own?

rand49er
06-19-08, 11:30 AM
Is this where your talking about?

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/Yup.

Get off at 1st Milford Rd exit, go north about 2 miles. It's on the right opposite the Dairy Queen and the east entrance to Kensington Park. Lots of guys EVERY Sunday with their classics, most have been modified, a few Vettes, hemi'd Mopars (TBJS's favorite :D), Cobras, and more.

Some guys leave and peel their tires (old-school lingo :helpless:), but cops keep a watch on things. I graduated from high school with Milford's police chief, but it probably won't help a bit to get you or me out of a ticket, so be careful.

JD03Cobra's not far from Baker's nor is Swampfox and a couple of other guys. Heck, we could easily see half a dozen of us if we half tried.

whisler151
06-19-08, 11:51 AM
What does the other V own?

:nono:

rand49er
06-19-08, 12:03 PM
...If you guys want to hook up I can probably make it too . . .:thumbsup:Excellent!

(Now, if we can just get GMBound to chime in ... he started all this! :yup:)

rand49er
06-19-08, 12:07 PM
:nono::shhh: Just ignore him.

(j/k big jim ... we luv ya.)

thebigjimsho
06-19-08, 01:28 PM
:nono:It's not a hard concept to learn...:cool2:

JD03Cobra
06-19-08, 01:45 PM
Milford is 10 minutes from me...I live in Commerce and work in Birmingham on Woodward Ave. I also see other V's around Bloomfield Hills, Birmingham area that I believe are not on this board. Spotted a hot chick driving a Mallett!

Anyway count me in you plan a V party!

GMBOUND
06-19-08, 04:04 PM
Ugh. I hope you put a clear bra on the ass end of your V...

I wish, It was plastered with bugs! Interesting though, I never had a vehicle covered with dead bugs on the REAR!

GMBOUND
06-19-08, 04:09 PM
My wife and kids wont be up until next week, so I'm definately down for something this weekend!
Just name the place.
We had an Employee Car Show here at the plant yesterday.
Today, I drove in to work next to a Blue ZR1, only the 3rd one I've seen in 3 days!
Moving here to Michigan the V is no longer exotic.
It's hard to have fun though with these messed up roads though. I will be seriously looking for a beater.
See you guys soon.

ROG
06-19-08, 04:13 PM
I would try and make it, but every time I come near Detroit I get totally lost!!

It's hell being old and senile!! :crybaby:

GMBOUND
06-19-08, 04:14 PM
Excellent!

(Now, if we can just get GMBound to chime in ... he started all this! :yup:)

Sorry, I've been working, I have a lot to get caught up on for my new position.
I'm getting ready to get off right now though! C-ya on the outside!:burn::burn:

BTW if you guys need to get a hold of me badcady1 AT yahoo DOT com, it goes directly to my phone!

rand49er
06-19-08, 04:34 PM
I would try and make it, but every time I come near Detroit I get totally lost!!

It's hell being old and senile!! :crybaby:Go straight up US-23, go east on I-96 about 5-ish miles, exit onto Milford Road and go north (left) about 2-ish miles, Baker's is on the right.

My wife and kids wont be up until next week, so I'm definately down for something this weekend!
Just name the place.
We had an Employee Car Show here at the plant yesterday.
Today, I drove in to work next to a Blue ZR1, only the 3rd one I've seen in 3 days!
Moving here to Michigan the V is no longer exotic.
It's hard to have fun though with these messed up roads though. I will be seriously looking for a beater.
See you guys soon.Tis a good time to do it, then.

So, you guys up for Baker's on Sunday? I will be there about 2:30 then, but not before. Bring a lawn chair and wear a hat (though there're a lot of trees to sit under). If anyone wants to bring their spouse/significant other, Baker's is one of the nicer sports-bar-type places. Lots of cars/people should be there. Then, next time, we can meet Florian at the Dream Cruise. :stirpot:

Hey, MescalVto! Can you make it?

slothV
06-19-08, 04:43 PM
Another option for this Sunday: There is an SCCA autox at the Palace of Auburn Hills. I will be there with my V. The only other V I've seen at an autox is Mbiker so it'd be great to see some others out there. You can register today (before 11pm) online at myautoevents.com. Otherwise you can just show up on Sunday. But check MAE for details.

-sloth

GMBOUND
06-19-08, 10:00 PM
Mbiker is my tour guide, so wherever he says we're going, that's what I'm down for! I think he may be on a plane back to MI now.
But really I'm cool for what ever's clever, I just don't want to waste too much gas getting lost!
Sloth what color is your V?

GMBOUND
06-19-08, 10:10 PM
Another option for this Sunday: There is an SCCA autox at the Palace of Auburn Hills. I will be there with my V. The only other V I've seen at an autox is Mbiker so it'd be great to see some others out there. You can register today (before 11pm) online at myautoevents.com. Otherwise you can just show up on Sunday. But check MAE for details.

-sloth

Just checked out the link.. That's sounds cool. I will watch but I must past on participating, somewhere during the trip up to MI, my car has got a nail in the RT RR tire. I'm not going to buy a new tire because I have tires at home (will be packed and shipped to MI with the rest of my belongings) so I want to make it until then.

I plan on getting ahold of Mbiker tomorrow to see exactly what's the plan.

rand49er
06-19-08, 10:21 PM
... Sloth what color is your V?I think he's got one of those slow colors. :D

Guys?!? We've got two places here to consider. I'd far prefer Baker's, but getting together is the most important thing. Plus, I've never been to and always wanted to go to an AutoX event. Not to mention, I might encounter some German metal going up Telegraph Road on my way there ... love squashing German metal.

Say, when exactly does the AutoX thing start and finish?

Does going to Auburn Hills let anybody out? C'mon, guys, beside ROG, I'm the furthest away by a bunch. Let's do it!

slothV
06-19-08, 11:01 PM
Here is the info from Myautoevents.com

Entry Fees:
SCCA member $35
Non Members $50 (includes $15 temporary membership fee)

ALL entries onsite the day of the event will be $55.

Of course it is free to just come and watch!

We will run rain or shine, so be prepared to run and bring appropriate clothing!

Event schedule is as follows:
Registration and Tech: 7:30 - 9:00
Course open for walking: 8:00 - 9:15
Novice walk: 8:45
Mandatory Driver's meeting: 9:30
First Car Off: 10:00
Usually ends around 5:00 depending on # of entries.

Event Location Palace of Auburn Hills

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=9241

GMBOUND
06-19-08, 11:42 PM
Will I need a helmet? If some one has a spare wheel/tire I can run, I'm for it. But I have 7 tires in Kansas, I'm not buying a tire tomorrow, Sorry.

rand49er
06-20-08, 08:53 AM
Will I need a helmet? If some one has a spare wheel/tire I can run, I'm for it. But I have 7 tires in Kansas, I'm not buying a tire tomorrow, Sorry.Probably need a helmet, I'd assume.

Got a GSD3 on a stock wheel sitting in the garage. Also got a helmet.

Look for a PM.

GMBOUND
06-20-08, 09:14 AM
Probably need a helmet, I'd assume.

Got a GSD3 on a stock wheel sitting in the garage. Also got a helmet.

Look for a PM.

Got It, and replied, THX:D

JD03Cobra
06-20-08, 09:17 AM
Too short of notice for me...I'll be Up North at my Cabin this weekend. I'll try to catch the next meet...hopefully 1 more before the Dream Cruise.

Bigron
06-20-08, 09:34 AM
Let me know where you decide. I won't race, but I am will to go to either.

rand49er
06-20-08, 09:39 AM
Let me know where you decide. I won't race, but I am will to go to either.Looks like the Palace, Bigron.

I'll get there too late to race, also, but will watch for about an hour.

MescalVto
06-20-08, 11:50 AM
Looks like the Palace, Bigron.

I'll get there too late to race, also, but will watch for about an hour.

Bakers/Milford was closer/easier for me too:crying2:

But, I can probably get over there for a little bit at some point in the afternoon . . . what time will you be there? (still about 2:30pm)

MauiV
06-20-08, 12:56 PM
GMBound, when id your car arrive?

I saw a Infrared V sitting above the cab of a car hauler stopped on I-65 North just south of Louisville last Sunday or Monday. Its not how I would go from KC to Michigan but Id say their drop route may have taken them that way.

GMBOUND
06-20-08, 03:09 PM
GMBound, when id your car arrive?

I saw a Infrared V sitting above the cab of a car hauler stopped on I-65 North just south of Louisville last Sunday or Monday. Its not how I would go from KC to Michigan but Id say their drop route may have taken them that way.

Yep, they probably took the Scenic route to pick up as many bugs as possible!:helpless:
They had the car since last Friday!

MauiV
06-20-08, 03:50 PM
Wow, a real actual spotting.

rand49er
06-20-08, 08:22 PM
Yep, they probably took the Scenic route to pick up as many bugs as possible!:helpless: ...Yup, he came over to my place tonight, and I saw the bugs that didn't come off with the first washing. Heck, with that B&B, I heard him coming way down the road way before I saw him! ;)

Bigron
06-20-08, 08:55 PM
So what time are people meeting at the palace?

rand49er
06-20-08, 09:44 PM
Best I can do is about 3:00 pm. Others probably as early as 8 am.

But, I WILL be there! ... if only for about an hour and a half.

GMBOUND
06-21-08, 12:46 AM
Anyone real good at bleeding brake lines. I still think my SS Lines may be loose as well. Hopefully someone is efficient at this stuff.

Bigron
06-21-08, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I'll probably head up after church and food.
So probably 2 or 3.

GMBOUND did you do your own fogs? I really would like to see them. Also I would like to see how different short shifters feel before I pick one.

GMBOUND
06-21-08, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I'll probably head up after church and food.
So probably 2 or 3.

GMBOUND did you do your own fogs? I really would like to see them. Also I would like to see how different short shifters feel before I pick one.

Bossplayer and I installed the foglights!
If you want to see them just come to Saturn of Warren. I'm here now.

Bigron
06-21-08, 11:02 PM
You work there?