: New Motor Mounts!?!?

STS2002
06-18-08, 09:52 PM
Ok...so i was getting a shutter from the engine when the car started as well as shutting down. The car also shuttered when I pressed and released the gas pedal while in park. So I took it in and they said the motor mounts were bad and the transmission mount was bad. I have 47,000 on the car and it's an 05. Does this seem premature??? How long are these mounts supposed to last??

Phil

dhemrick
06-18-08, 11:35 PM
That seems premature. Cadillacs a few years ago had this issue with motor mounts going bad, but I thought they had fixed it in the STS. We had the same issue on our 99 STS and our 03 DTS at about 100K miles. This is the first I have heard of it in an 05+ STS, and at only 47K miles, it seems really premature.

However, your car should be in warranty so at least that is in your favor.

By the way, do you do a lot of sudden, hard acceleration? I know it's easy and tempting in these cars, but I figured I'd ask. Just a guess....

blunted
06-19-08, 09:16 AM
Definitely could be the case. I bought my 05 STS with 27K miles on it in March and a week later it was in the shop for a motor mount. It was a few hours in labor and they had to order the part.. i'm sorry to say but this will be expensive (with the dealer at least).

STS2002
06-19-08, 09:28 AM
Hey guys. I am not hard on the car at all. Actually I think I am too easy on it. I bought the car used, so who knows how the previous owner treated it.