: New owner questions

sburgin
06-18-08, 09:28 PM
Hello All. I just joined as I'm the new proud papa of an 05 STS with a little over 15K miles. I am in heaven so far....
Couple of questions though...
For the life of me, I cannot get remote start to work. I've programmed/enabled it for both Driver 1 and Driver 2(i'm carrying the Driver 2 fob) and also checked to make sure that valet mode is not on.

From what I've read - remote start was not an option, but rather standard. So, either my remote start is not working - or I'm missing something else.
Any suggestions ?

Also - I read a prior post about knowing which options were shipped with the car by looking at a tag on the underside of the spare tire cover. I see the tag, but with codes only - is there a listing/table that translates these codes somewhere online ?

I'm sure I'll be here with more questions in the near future - looking forward to reading others' posts and replies !

hyperboimmv
06-18-08, 10:35 PM
Just to make sure, you are pressing lock then the start button, right? And you enabled it through the personalization, so the option was listed in the menu?

AllWheelEric
06-18-08, 11:49 PM
Here is the answer key that translates the 3-digit codes into feature names.

C&C
06-19-08, 06:12 AM
Reiterating what was earlier said. Press the lock button first, then hold the start button for three or four seconds.

sburgin
06-20-08, 01:32 AM
thanks for the help. i've spent the last hour trying to get the remote start option within personalization to save...both under driver1 and driver2. in both cases, when I "check" the remote start option, it takes me into asking whether to also enable climate control and another option which slips my mind. After I do so, my only option is to "back" out of that menu - but it never saves my original "check" of the remote start. So - the computer continues to disable it. I'm also seeing some screwy things like I have the 'chirp horn on lock' option checked - but it doesn't ...just flashes the lights. I think I'm off to the dealer - enough not working as I expect to get nervous.