: NEW 04 Owner....:) With Problems...:(

ozdemir23
06-18-08, 09:20 AM
Hey everyone. Picked mine up yesterday from Wisconsin. Seems like they took care of the interior, but the engine and rear end .....

So i am driving it back home to indiana (4 hours) and about 20 minutes before i get home, the oil temp warning lights up. Its 302 and bouncing back and forth from 290 to 302. It finally settles itself down to 280 and stays there for the rest of my trip home. If i turn off the a/c, it goes down to 260. Anyway, i get home.

This morning - i start the car and all i see is the check engine light. GREAT!!!!

Need your help guys. Let me know what you think. Good thing is that the car has the 6yr/100k warranty already. Should I take it in to the dealer? The previous owner didn't even know it had the extended warranty.

oz

dieselp
06-18-08, 09:23 AM
ya take it in i think 04's had a faulty oil temp sensor.

rand49er
06-18-08, 09:27 AM
... The previous owner didn't even know it had the extended warranty. ...That should be the scariest part of this whole thing!

CTSV_510
06-18-08, 09:30 AM
:yeah:

ozdemir23
06-18-08, 10:20 AM
Everything was great, and then i went on the test drive with the kid. When he started one sentence with, "The FIRST time I had it SIDEWAYS...." I should have ran the other way. I couldn't believe it, but i also knew i was getting a great deal on a car with the extended warranty.

Is there anything that they could have done to void an extended warranty?

What about the check engine soon light? Any thoughts on that?

urbanski
06-18-08, 10:30 AM
get the CEL code read and post it

YoshiV
06-18-08, 10:35 AM
Don't freak...as mentioned 04's had bad oil temp sensors. You'll have that car sideways in no time yourself...it took me a week and my first autocross with it before I had mine going sideways!

ozdemir23
06-18-08, 12:13 PM
This freaked me out - i was getting on the expressway and the onramp had a little curve to it, so i decided to test the handling a little. All of sudden the radio dings and shows that the stability control is activated! Very cool.

CEL Code will be read by my mechanic shortly.

AlmostAV
06-18-08, 12:14 PM
your bought it from a kid none the less? I wonder how many times the car has seen the rev limiter.....

ozdemir23
06-18-08, 12:59 PM
well, i called him a kid only because he's younger than me by about 8 years.

anyone know if the extended warranty can be revoked or otherwise voided by any means?

CTSV_510
06-18-08, 01:08 PM
You haven't driven your car yet if you haven't had it sideways...

I'm sure extended warranties can be voided just like factory warranties with certain mods.

Do you have any mods on it or is it stock?

ozdemir23
06-18-08, 01:45 PM
it has a corsa exhaust and a cold-air intake. other than that, i have not had it up yet to see the underbelly.

CIWS
06-18-08, 02:26 PM
Since you are a supporting member of the forum get your VIN code ran and see what the car's maintenance history is like. (unless it's one you've already run there.)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/119774-vin-checks-here-only-here-read.html

Feffman
06-18-08, 02:32 PM
Oz:

Good luck! Get it to the dealer and have them look at the oil temp sensor.

Feff

06-18-08, 10:17 PM
it wasn't the sensors that were bad in the '04's, it was the software that interpreted the readings. A reflash per a TSB should solve it; I think with the extended warranty the TSB should still be covered?

Even with the reflash, your oil temp is only "ballpark;" the alarm won't go off...but the readings (at least in my car) are only marginally related to reality.

PISNUOFF
06-19-08, 01:11 AM
Don't freak...as mentioned 04's had bad oil temp sensors. You'll have that car sideways in no time yourself...it took me a week and my first autocross with it before I had mine going sideways!

A week? Took me about 30 seconds behind the wheel. I blew it completely sideways leaving the dealership parking lot. Left two nice rubber strips about 30 feet long. Shame on me for doing it at least once everyday since.:eek:

ozdemir23
06-19-08, 02:07 PM
Feff--

Thanks. Sorry, the sunroof was the deal breaker for me. Good luck with your sale. By the way, i paid 22.5 for this car. 47k miles. Its nice with some minor wear-n-tear inside. Manageable.

Sideways???? NOT GONNA HAPPEN I DON"T THINK.

Albertan
06-19-08, 03:47 PM
Hey, I'm an old guy and have had it sideways. It's unsettling when it is unexpected though. Passengers are even more "unsettled".