: No mo cats and tune tomorrow!! Any suggestions?

KEV-V
06-18-08, 04:21 AM
Well I had my cats cut out and ran straight pipes to my Magnalflow exhaust. I have been a little nervous about this for numerous reasons like too much noise, rotten egg smell, engine throwing codes.:hide:

Well all that has resulted is a much more powerful sound I love and it feels quicker and more responsive. I am getting a performance tune from my Caddi dealer tomorrow and I will try to post a vid/sound clip. :burn:

They are deleting my o2 sensors, cags (I will have a cags eliminator for sale after this) and the performance tune of course. Anything else I should tell them to do? I am pretty lucky they will let me mod my car without screwing the extended warranty I just purchased.

CTSV_510
06-18-08, 10:23 AM
You Caddy dealer is giving you a performance tune? Huh?

rand49er
06-18-08, 10:25 AM
Umm ... your dealer is gonna retune it? Don't think dealers here in the States can monkey around with that ... legally anyway.

LUVMY04V
06-18-08, 10:37 AM
does this mean I also have to delete my cats??? ;)

KEV-V
06-18-08, 12:39 PM
Umm ... your dealer is gonna retune it? Don't think dealers here in the States can monkey around with that ... legally anyway.

:yup:Yup my dealer is tuning it......he was trying to sell me a Maggie! I got it pretty good here I guess, I am in Canada to not the States. I just dropped it off and he said I will be very happy when I get it back so we will see.

You mean you don't have an appointment to have them done already? hehe. What's your next mod gonna be?

LUVMY04V
06-18-08, 02:20 PM
You mean you don't have an appointment to have them done already? hehe. What's your next mod gonna be?
The next mod will be GC whenever i get around to it. With the way gas prices and how our economy is going i am gonna save lots of money till I can really see what the cost of living is gonna be a year from now.
If the government is giving you a big sum of money it might be time to worry:suspense:

So when Canada sends you a check for 600 bucks start saving cuz its probably not a good thing :bigroll:

KEV-V
06-18-08, 03:19 PM
The next mod will be GC whenever i get around to it. With the way gas prices and how our economy is going i am gonna save lots of money till I can really see what the cost of living is gonna be a year from now.
If the government is giving you a big sum of money it might be time to worry:suspense:

So when Canada sends you a check for 600 bucks start saving cuz its probably not a good thing :bigroll:

We do think way too much alike! I have been seriously thinking about GC to, it's fun in the twisties now but just imagine it hugging the pavement some more. :lildevil:

Yeah and I hear ya on the cost of living stuff, it can't be good in the near future with the rapidly rising oil/fuel costs along with the latest speculation I have been reading about....food shortage!! Inflation is gonna get bad and do you think we will all be compensated for it with huge pay increases? Not real likely. :ill:

Dealer just called me to and said my rear diff bushing is shot so bad they don't wanna give my car back until it's fixed (tomorrow they say) so I am V'less for the day, it's gonna be a rough one now.

LUVMY04V
06-18-08, 03:45 PM
We do think way too much alike! I have been seriously thinking about GC to, it's fun in the twisties now but just imagine it hugging the pavement some more. :lildevil:

Yeah and I hear ya on the cost of living stuff, it can't be good in the near future with the rapidly rising oil/fuel costs along with the latest speculation I have been reading about....food shortage!! Inflation is gonna get bad and do you think we will all be compensated for it with huge pay increases? Not real likely. :ill:

Dealer just called me to and said my rear diff bushing is shot so bad they don't wanna give my car back until it's fixed (tomorrow they say) so I am V'less for the day, it's gonna be a rough one now.
Exactly and I plan for the worst either way.

Why be so paranoid?? Because if you fail to plan. You plan to Fail:)

but yeah sucks about not getting your car back but its awesome that its gonna feel soo much better when u do get it back :yup:

rand49er
06-18-08, 04:23 PM
... I got it pretty good here I guess, I am in Canada to not the States. ...Just hope you don't need an operation. :eek: I had a customer near Windsor who limped around for years waiting to have a simple arthroscopic surgery. I got a bunch of family there, but sure glad my grandfather emigrated a hundred years ago.

Does your dealer have a dyno? And, are you sure the Royal Ministry of the Environment allows this?

KEV-V
06-18-08, 05:13 PM
Just hope you don't need an operation. :eek: I had a customer near Windsor who limped around for years waiting to have a simple arthroscopic surgery. I got a bunch of family there, but sure glad my grandfather emigrated a hundred years ago.

Does your dealer have a dyno? And, are you sure the Royal Ministry of the Environment allows this?

Ain't that the truth, as good as our healthcare sytem seems a person cannot get a serious illness/disease......if they do then they have to head down south where the doctors are and they can get proper/prompt treatment. I've seen it firsthand with my family and lost a friend recently because it is slow here.

On a lighter note back to V talk!! There is only one dyno in my city and I couldn't get in for tune/dyno for at least a month and I am impatient! :bonkers: I also figured it would be wise to let my dealer help with my car cuz then they will be less likely to deny me warranty!! hehe :devil: And no emissions testing here so lucky me and my v :highfive:

I plan to get it on the dyno later when they can get me in though and see what she can do.

whisler151
06-18-08, 07:40 PM
Dont worry about no cats...it does smell a bit when you rev it a lot. It adds a nice raspy sound though.

Vecstasy
06-18-08, 07:56 PM

I thought about it too but with cut mufflers it can't sound good 100% straight piped.

heavymetals
06-18-08, 08:24 PM
You might want to get this:

http://handstands.com/retail/air-freshener/scented-gel.php

:histeric:

whisler151
06-18-08, 11:43 PM
You might want to get this:

http://handstands.com/retail/air-freshener/scented-gel.php

:histeric:

My problem is solved! I love pink grapefruit! :cool2: