: Looking for custom exhaust work

intragration
06-17-08, 11:19 PM
Hi, I've got a '76 Eldorado, I'm looking for a shop to do some custom exhaust work. Specifically, I want the cat cut off, a nice smooth y-pipe put on, and stock layout from that point back, in 2.5" with a Flowmaster 50 and a glass-pack-type unit in place of the resonator. Looking for better flow, quiet but nice sound, and stock-from-the-road appearance. I'd also entertain a true dual setup, but I don't think that it's possible without getting too close to the gas tank on the left side.

Anyone know of a reputable custom shop in the Northwest suburbs that could help me out? I've tried one of the more notable shops, but they don't ever seem to have time for me...

Mrjb9475
09-07-08, 08:22 AM
i have dual exhaust on my '75 eldo and it works well more power and sounds good (not load) it cost $300 here in detroit mtscadparts has a pre made system for $495 you can go to there website and see what it looks like i hope this helps

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
09-07-08, 09:49 PM
Any shop can do it. Merlin and Midas both do great exhaust work. The labor is cheap but the parts are where they get ya, so buy them yourself if at all possible. When I had to get the exhaust done on the '88 I bought the center pipe for $44 at Autozone and the shop wanted $450 for the same exact part. Labor on the job was only about $100 though.