: How do i fit my spare tire in?!

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 12:02 PM
As i try to fit my spare tire (full size) in the trunk, it becomes apparent that the black 'tub' needs to be removed.

only thing is, i can't figure out for the life of me how to remove it!

someone help me out here. i don't want to break it...

(see attachment)

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 12:20 PM
nevermind...

thank goodness for the FAQ

seems the four 'screws' are stripped or something...

CIWS
06-17-08, 12:27 PM
For those who may not be aware of Reed's FAQ site.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Spare info

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/spare/index.html

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 02:06 PM
OK looks like my dilemna is not over yet.

FIRST - i need a retaining clip thing for the spare tire (I plan on contacting Luke)

ALSO - i noticed this bar sitting underneat the tub. i don't want to just throw it away, and then later find out it serves a purpose, sooooo... what purpose does it serve? it didn't fit back in with the full size spare. is it just there to support the tub before a full size spare is put in?

urbanski
06-17-08, 02:10 PM
its just for crash protection. the spare will take that job over for it. i still have my old tub in the attic

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 02:53 PM
ahh ok. so i can safely remove it and store it with my tub?

great :)

svtbolt2001
06-19-08, 08:59 PM
How much money are you looking at for the entire spare tire upgrade?

rand49er
06-19-08, 10:37 PM
I spent just under $90 way back three years ago, but that was from GMPartsDirect.

But, GMPartsDirect is a ripoff. I don't even want to go into it. :canttalk:

Get it from Luke for around a C-note. At least he knows what honesty and customer service is all about. GMPartsDirect can ... well ... bite the big one.

fre1102
12-25-13, 11:32 AM
I'd like to carry a full-size spare in my trunk (I'm losing the run-flats).

Problem: the wheel tub in my trunk is this segregated two-section thing. You can't put a wheel in it.

Will a non-V CTS tub work? Or are there other models of Cadillac/GM vehicles from which I can scavenge a tub?

Thanks in advance.

pato
12-25-13, 12:42 PM
The tub has to be removed completely for a spare tire to fit.

AAIIIC
12-25-13, 11:33 PM
Problem: the wheel tub in my trunk is this segregated two-section thing. You can't put a wheel in it.

Will a non-V CTS tub work? Or are there other models of Cadillac/GM vehicles from which I can scavenge a tub?
Plenty of discussions of this, dating back to the beginning of V1 existence. See above posts for a link to the FAQ for details.

fre1102
12-26-13, 10:24 AM
Plenty of discussions of this, dating back to the beginning of V1 existence. See above posts for a link to the FAQ for details.

So there's no replacement for the tub? The spare just drops into the hole left by the old tub?

Thanks.

pato
12-26-13, 11:23 AM
So there's no replacement for the tub? The spare just drops into the hole left by the old tub?

Thanks.

Exactly. This is what we have been telling you in all 3 threads you asked yesterday.

fre1102
12-26-13, 05:31 PM
Exactly. This is what we have been telling you in all 3 threads you asked yesterday.

Thanks for the assistance.