: Rear view +12V 1994 ETC

Necrosan
06-16-08, 11:39 PM
Looking for the wire to tap in to to get a +12 when in reverse. Sick of my AVIC-D3 not realizing I'm backing up and making me "drive" through houses. Any help would be duly appreciated. Thanks!

still_walkin
06-18-08, 09:47 AM
use your reverse lights tehy onyl go on when you are in reverse. on my car i would just pull out the plug and splice the wire to get the 12 volt. good luck

Necrosan
06-18-08, 11:09 AM
I seem to have lost my multimeter. Which wire is hot when reverse lights are on? Haven't pulled it apart yet but only want to do it once. :)

still_walkin
06-18-08, 11:11 AM
On mine brn is hot and black isn't usually black is always ground

Necrosan
06-18-08, 11:18 AM
OK, the three wires I'm seeing coming from that area are green, brown and black. Can I pull the pin for the brown wire on the one end and plug it in there to get the signal? (this is the right brown, right? it goes in to a 4 pin connector, but only 3 wires are there, green brown and black.) thanks!

still_walkin
06-18-08, 11:23 AM
Mine has three the other has two pull out the other one it should have two but brown should it

still_walkin
06-18-08, 12:03 PM
Sorry bout the last post I ws thinking bout the license plate light they are blk/brn . I looked in my service manual on the reverse light are green and black but on mine I have 2 green ones .one of those wires feed to the other light. So you can either juggle three wires or goto the other bulb.

Necrosan
06-18-08, 12:59 PM
So I should swap it to the green pin?

Either way, just finished running it.. Also found out the lazy bastards didnt connect the VSS wire.. should I connect that or no? And if so, where's the closest point to the deck? thanks. :)

Necrosan
06-18-08, 01:09 PM
OK, reverse signal is good now. Just gotta find the VSS wire and I'll be super happy. :)

Necrosan
06-18-08, 07:56 PM
Found it all out. That's for the help man, I appreciate it.

Now to get this thing to build speed pulses up so it enters 3d matrix uber cool mode. :)