: Dyno tuning in GTA??

ichpen
06-16-08, 12:51 PM
Guys,

Anyone know of any tuning shop that will dyno tune a factory CTS-V in the GTA? I've asked around but no one seems to want to touch these cars..

Thanks.

LSCTS
06-18-08, 09:02 PM
I don't know if they do V's but I would check with Dasilva Racing in Scarborough(Mustang guys but I'm sure they have done some LS1/LS2's before) and also Tag motorsports in Oakville. I've been to Dasilvas with my other car for a tune and it was a nice shop.

Nels
06-19-08, 06:30 AM
Do you have tuning software? (HP Tuners etc...) What changes do you want to make?

ichpen
07-07-08, 11:36 AM
Do you have tuning software? (HP Tuners etc...) What changes do you want to make?

Usual stuff for a V:

1. Get rid of skip shift permanently
2. Quicker throttle response
3. Get rid of torque management
4. Tune for 91+ octane to free up some power (ignition timing, A/F). From what I hear the stock tune is very conservative.

rb1
07-07-08, 01:37 PM
Usual stuff for a V:

1. Get rid of skip shift permanently
2. Quicker throttle response
3. Get rid of torque management
4. Tune for 91+ octane to free up some power (ignition timing, A/F). From what I hear the stock tune is very conservative.

Hey, i just read in another thread about wait4me tuning (yah the name sounds silly) giving 32 hp on the dyno. I called them and it only costs $170US shipped to Toronto, Ontario for a whole new ECU programmed. I think that's what i'm going to do. I just got my V and was a little dissapoined with the response in the lower gears.

Nice to see a V in Ontario. I thought i was alone.

ichpen
07-07-08, 04:41 PM
Hey, i just read in another thread about wait4me tuning (yah the name sounds silly) giving 32 hp on the dyno. I called them and it only costs $170US shipped to Toronto, Ontario for a whole new ECU programmed. I think that's what i'm going to do. I just got my V and was a little dissapoined with the response in the lower gears.

Nice to see a V in Ontario. I thought i was alone.

Nope there's two of us now. I'm the red one. It's still turns a lot of heads which is amusing.

I read about this guy but I'm not convinced yet i.e. how would you know you gained anything unless you take it to a dyno. Butt-dyno is not too accurate. Also how easy is it to swap ECU's?

Thanks for the heads up though.

PS. Found a place that claims to have experience in LSx tuning. RedlinePD.com. Will find out if they're any good.

StealthViggen
07-08-08, 08:21 PM
There are a few places in the GTA. Autoworx and Can performance come to mind. CPE does it for $450 and are highly regarded

http://www.cdnperf.com/

mgscustomtune
07-08-08, 09:48 PM
I recently retuned a 2006 Supercharged Vett that was done at Redline my client was not a happy camper with there tune and actually the tubing blew off the car when he got onto it. Let just say l put a nice smile on his face http://www.mgscustomtune.com/

ichpen
07-14-08, 04:38 PM
I recently retuned a 2006 Supercharged Vett that was done at Redline my client was not a happy camper with there tune and actually the tubing blew off the car when he got onto it. Let just say l put a nice smile on his face http://www.mgscustomtune.com/

Thanks. I might look you up shortly. Perhaps you can also help me out with a Hotchkis swaybar and UUC short shifter install whilst you're at it?? :) Of course I'll pay you for your time.

andrew-g
07-22-08, 09:31 AM
I just dropped of my car last night at Redline for a Z06 clutch install, they seem to know there stuff.

mgscustomtune
09-01-08, 01:37 AM
I did not say they didn't know there stuff. All l said is l has a client come to me after he had his Vett tuned there.