: Headlight washer

drjdan
06-16-08, 01:19 AM
I see the little opening for the headlight washers on the inside next to the headlights. Do they pop out when the washing is done? I do not see any openings for water to come out from the flush mounted cover?

Caroutisine
06-16-08, 03:19 AM
I believe that they pop out and wash the lights when you operate the windshield washer, but only when your headlights are on.

BirdJC
06-16-08, 01:28 PM
I believe that they pop out and wash the lights when you operate the windshield washer, but only when your headlights are on.

this is correct... Only complaint I have with this is if you have a clean car and use these at night, you will no longer have a clean car! the fluid runs down the whole side of your front quarter panels....

Hortaja
06-16-08, 05:47 PM
I agree in that it dirties you clean car. Any way to turn these darn things off....?? It's just not needed in south Florida.

ssstealth
06-16-08, 06:53 PM
They come out every 4th windsheild wash.

pjbizjak
06-16-08, 08:49 PM
There's instructions in the manual, I believe you press the windshield washer 5 or 7 times in a row to activate and probably the same thing to deactivate.

Lifer
06-17-08, 11:14 AM
From the "Bible"

Your vehicle may have headlamp washers.
The headlamp washers clear debris from the
headlamp lenses.
The headlamp washers are located to the inside of
the headlamps.
To wash the headlamps, press the washer button
located at the end of the windshield wiper lever. Both
the headlamps and the windshield will be washed.
The headlamps must be on to be washed. If the
headlamps are off, only the windshield will be washed
when the washer button is pressed. If the washer fluid is
low, the headlamp washers will not work.

ssstealth
06-18-08, 12:49 AM
My 2006 "Bible" is worded a little differently...

"To wash the headlamps, press the washer button
located at the end of the windshield wiper lever.
Headlamps will be washed when the washer button is
pressed if two minutes have elapsed since the last
washer button press. If two minutes have not elapsed,
the headlamps will be washed every fourth washer
button press. The headlamps must be on to be washed. If the
headlamps are off, only the windshield will be washed
when the washer button is pressed. If the washer fluid is
low, the headlamp washers will not work."

MARKVIII
06-18-08, 06:53 AM
however it works its a totally useless thing to have..just a gimmick.

BirdJC
06-18-08, 08:57 AM
however it works its a totally useless thing to have..just a gimmick.

yeah for the most part its pretty much just another reason to wash your car again after using them. Maybe in the winter time when an excess of winter road grime builds up it will help out some but thats about it..

TSS
06-18-08, 01:15 PM
this is correct... Only complaint I have with this is if you have a clean car and use these at night, you will no longer have a clean car! the fluid runs down the whole side of your front quarter panels....

No kidding! I had them on my White SRX and hated them. Not only the car, but the side wall of my garage was blue too if I hit the button in there accidentally...in the SRX, it was easy to accidentally hit. Useless feature that caused more annoyance than anything else. Thankfully, my other Caddys don't have it.

ssstealth
06-19-08, 08:47 AM
My only real issue with them was early on when I first bought the car. I was traveling less than 30MPH and had hit the washers... when I saw water spraying up from the front of the hood I thought my car was overheating.

Hortaja
06-19-08, 06:44 PM
I wonder if there is a fuse or somthing we can pull to just turn these washers off.

mlpjlk
07-18-08, 04:50 PM
I have to agree that I do not like Cadillac's design on this feature. It makes a mess. My Volvo S60 T5 has actual wiper blades and does a great job of cleaning the road grime from snow and rain off the lense.... I guess if I was going off road it would be more useful.... We lived in the UK for 3 years and had a BMW 330i and the feature was very helpful during the drizzel that would dry on the hot lenses. The BMW's is a squirt like the Cadillac and not a spray and wipe like Volvo's.