: fuel rail cover?

jerrad
06-16-08, 12:12 AM
I'm looking at buying a set and have the ls6 engine. Do I need to buy z06 FRC's or can I buy the ls1 frc's that came on earlier corvettes?
Thanks
Jerrad

Naf
06-16-08, 06:05 AM
Get the 2004 z06 corvette ones, they will fit your LS6 for they were made to fit on them...

I hope this has helpped

jerrad
06-16-08, 07:33 AM
Thanks a ton Naf.

Twitch
06-16-08, 08:22 AM
You still need to do a bit of cutting.

perfect
06-16-08, 09:45 AM
You still need to do a bit of cutting.

For the ZO6 covers?

This isn't mentioned in StealthV's FAQ...:hmm:

peter simov
06-16-08, 10:03 AM
i have an ls2 do i need the c6 ls2 covers

CTSV_510
06-16-08, 10:06 AM
For the ZO6 covers?

Since he was selling them I don't think he would tell you how to make them.

Search on this forum. You will find several posts about what a PITA it is to do the cutting. I think the major problem is that you only want to cut a little at a time until they fit. (you can always cut a little more off, but you can't add any if you've cut too much!)

Twitch
06-16-08, 11:30 AM
i have an ls2 do i need the c6 ls2 covers
LS2 is different than LS6. I guess you can get the LS2 covers and cut to fit. I'd look into it before I buy though.

For the ZO6 covers?

Not 100% sure, but I think you only cut a little bit off the corners.

ROG
06-16-08, 11:57 AM
LS2 is different than LS6. I guess you can get the LS2 covers and cut to fit. I'd look into it before I buy though.

I installed Corvette LS2 covers on my 2006 last week. The trimming is a real pain. You will have to become one with your Drimel!! :thumbsup:

perfect
06-16-08, 03:25 PM
Since he was selling them I don't think he would tell you how to make them.

Search on this forum. You will find several posts about what a PITA it is to do the cutting. I think the major problem is that you only want to cut a little at a time until they fit. (you can always cut a little more off, but you can't add any if you've cut too much!)

Since this is a mod-heavy forum I would hope that StealthV wouldn't be holding out on us (don't worry, I can clearly see he is a very valuable member to this board)

I will be installing my ZO6 FRC's this afternoon on an 05 V. I will take lots of pictures and try to create a tutorial. I searched through 5 pages of results and didn't see an in-depth how-to with pictures.

:banghead:

peter simov
06-16-08, 07:45 PM
I installed Corvette LS2 covers on my 2006 last week. The trimming is a real pain. You will have to become one with your Drimel!! :thumbsup:

wher did u buy them and also is there that much trimming or just a lil

ROG
06-16-08, 07:50 PM
I bought mine on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C6-Corvette-LS2-Fuel-Rail-Engine-Beauty-Cover_W0QQitemZ200231676889QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m200231676889&

The trimming takes a lot of time if you want to make sure you don't over trim.

perfect
06-16-08, 07:50 PM
Peter,

I have just spent the last 30 minutes working on the passenger side of my LS6 covers and it wasn't hard at all! I went really slow and took my time, I could have gone much faster and saved myself the time.

I'm about to start the driver side (will probably be more difficult as there are more things to cut (and with more precision).

Does anyone have a picture from above on the LS6 FRC covers? StealthV conveniently has his hand covering this part in his tutorial...:oops:

whisler151
06-16-08, 08:03 PM
wher did u buy them and also is there that much trimming or just a lil

I went to the local Chevy dealer and ordered the C6 LS2 FRCs ($150 i think). Once you put them on you'll see exactly where you need to cut. I think it took me 30 min or so. The trimming is easy as long as you have a Dremel. It's just little pieces here and there to get it to fit.

jerrad
06-16-08, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Twitch
06-17-08, 08:31 AM
Since this is a mod-heavy forum I would hope that StealthV wouldn't be holding out on us (don't worry, I can clearly see he is a very valuable member to this board)

I will be installing my ZO6 FRC's this afternoon on an 05 V. I will take lots of pictures and try to create a tutorial. I searched through 5 pages of results and didn't see an in-depth how-to with pictures.

:banghead:
Why dont you just go all out. Get a Maggie, and show us what we need to do to make them fit :p
That's whats holding me back from gettimg the FRCs. :sneaky:

Tony

perfect
06-17-08, 09:53 AM
Why dont you just go all out. Get a Maggie, and show us what we need to do to make them fit :p
That's whats holding me back from gettimg the FRCs. :sneaky:

Tony

I've only had my V for 3 weeks!! I'm easing my way into mod-hell. Not jumping straight into the deep end! :hide:

I'll make you a deal. You provide the Maggie and I'll create the most awesome write-up and in-depth tutorial on how to make it work.

peter simov
06-17-08, 01:36 PM
thax for the info guys

gauge hp
06-17-08, 04:11 PM
Lots of on and off again, but the dremmell works perfect for the job.

Twitch
06-17-08, 04:28 PM
I've only had my V for 3 weeks!! I'm easing my way into mod-hell. Not jumping straight into the deep end! :hide:

I'll make you a deal. You provide the Maggie and I'll create the most awesome write-up and in-depth tutorial on how to make it work.
:histeric:
Cool, when I get the Maggie, you can come over and install the FRC. :thumbsup:

perfect
06-17-08, 06:22 PM
:histeric:
Cool, when I get the Maggie, you can come over and install the FRC. :thumbsup:

I think you misunderstood...

When you provide ME the Maggie, then I will create the write-up.

FYI, I just finished my FRC's and am uploading pictures and creating a webpage for the how-to.

rekctsv
06-18-08, 12:31 AM
Peter,

I have just spent the last 30 minutes working on the passenger side of my LS6 covers and it wasn't hard at all! I went really slow and took my time, I could have gone much faster and saved myself the time.

I'm about to start the driver side (will probably be more difficult as there are more things to cut (and with more precision).

Does anyone have a picture from above on the LS6 FRC covers? StealthV conveniently has his hand covering this part in his tutorial...:oops:
Passenger side was a breeze. But I have trimmed and trimmed on the drivers side and I cannot get the cover to snap down on the back corner. I trimmed almost to the E in corvette.

perfect
06-18-08, 08:09 AM
Passenger side was a breeze. But I have trimmed and trimmed on the drivers side and I cannot get the cover to snap down on the back corner. I trimmed almost to the E in corvette.

I didn't need to go quite that far, but yes, it does require a lot of trimming in the back there.

I took like 100 pictures of the whole process

I am making a tutorial for this process but I'll put in a few pictures later this evening. One thing I had to do to get mine to stay "snapped" in the back corner was to add some engine tape the "C-hooks" that grab onto the fuel rail. This allowed it to hold on tighter and not pop off.

CTSV_Rob
06-18-08, 09:11 PM
I trimmed mine myself and it wasn't that bad. The hardest part to me was fitting it around the power steering reservoir and it required some trim and fit to get it to clear in the back.

http://ctsv-rob.zoints.com/image/61249-NewLS2Covers

jerrad
06-20-08, 12:22 PM
Perfect: Are you done with the tutorial?

Oleksakjr
08-22-08, 01:04 AM
wheres this tutorial done yet?