: Ongoing A/C problem that Caddy dealership can't find a fix ! HELP

Shundy
06-15-08, 11:01 PM
Hello,

I have a 2003 Escalade that I have taken in 2 times going on 3 to my local Cadillac dealership with A/C problems and still isn't fixed. I have the GMPP that still has plenty of time left on it so no costs out of pocket except for the first time in which hit me for a $50.00 deductible.

The problem is that the A/C works perfectly for about 10-15 mins or so when it is first turned on and then blows warm after that to the point where you have to roll down the windows. It turns very humid and has a stale smell when this happens. I ALWAYS have it set to Auto in the front and rear.

The first time into the dealer they said it was a 1/2 pound low on freon or whatever and that they evac'd it and ran dye through. It literally worked for a whole day perfectly and then started back to the original problem.

The second time in they said that they didn't see a leak from the dye etc., but that they thought they had duplicated my problem and that it had a high side erratic pressure, 80-125psi, & low 28-36psi. So, they said they replaced the orfice tube and recharged the system.

Literally within' 2-3 miles out of the dealership it started blowing warm and did it all of the way home and has continued to blow warm for 2 days now and is absolutely not working properly for more than 5 mins or so at a time. I didn't have time to take it back the same day so I am calling them Tomorrow to see what the heck is going on.

Any techs have any idea on what is going on ? Is there some type of inner cabin thermostat that exists that could be bad or something ? I'm clueless but am very frustrated as I have a newborn that needs A/C as it has been in the mid 90's here lately.

I would really appreciate any insight as this is getting very frustrating.

Regards,
Shundy

Shundy
06-17-08, 05:40 PM
Can anybody shed some light ? It would be much appreciated !

Regards,
Shundy

EXTodd
06-18-08, 02:42 AM
All I can think of is a failing A/C compressor. Open your hood and listen to the compressor as it kicks on. Does it make any kind of whining sound?

hcvone
06-18-08, 07:11 AM
Some leaks are hard to find, but if it's losing freon there is a leak somewhere. :(

cadillacroadside
06-18-08, 07:44 AM
your gmpp should by all means cover a loaner, insist that the vehicle is quality controlled after repairs and dont accept it back until it has been thoroughly tested, i would insure this for my customers. escalade a/c systems are easier than most caddy cars, the components are more visible and most are easier to replace

Shundy
06-18-08, 05:10 PM
My GMPP definitely does take care of the loaner, not a issue at all. They have kept my Lade each time for 2 whole days to diagnose and supposedly fix the problem but it always comes back to me working for a short time and then starts all over again with the problem as mentioned in my initial post. No noises coming from my system or anything. I finally talked to the service dept. at the dealership yesterday and they said that when it isn't working correctly bring it in and they will make time to look at it immediately. So, I guess we'll give that a shot on the next hot day and see what happens.

Thanks for all of the insight !

Regards,
Shundy