: Free VOIP. Very slick.

Jesda
06-15-08, 06:48 PM
I just signed up for an account with talkdigits.com. Setup was a bit confusing, but after I installed the software and did some guesswork, it sounds amazing.

The best part? You get a FREE phone number with FREE incoming calls! Since its free, I ended up with an Iowa number, but the price is right so who cares.

Comes with MP3 voicemail (auto forwarded to your email inbox) and other cool features.

The sound quality is superior to my Sprint phone too. I'll probably give this number out for online dating, registration pages, and the like. Should take the load off my cellular minutes.

After rereading my post it looks a lot like spam...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-16-08, 12:32 AM

But spalling adn gramar errorss are fyun. :alchi:

Playdrv4me
06-16-08, 01:48 AM

It's true! Before TalkDigits.com my phone bills were ridiculous, but now I'ts almost like the phone company pays me! Thanks TalkDigits.com!*

*Paid endorsement. Individual does not actually have a land-line, nor did he ever.

ewill3rd
06-16-08, 07:48 AM
I only use my cellular, no landline.
I have a skype account, is that the same thing? I never use it though because my cellular is pretty much the same except of course it is a cell phone.
I used to use netmeeting for free but I can't figure out how to get through my new firewalls :(
I like to have my son do videoconferencing with her using a web cam on each end.
If only I had some free time *sigh*

Oh, I see this and skype are different. Skype is only free to another Skype member.
Ah well... another waste of a good user name :lol:

Jesda
06-16-08, 08:34 AM
I like Skype, but my dad's Skype phone line sounds awful. I've had pretty amazing sound quality (both ways) with this TalkDigits stuff, using a computer mic and the laptop speakers. There's still an annoying half-second delay.

ewill3rd
06-16-08, 09:09 AM
LOL, "her" in my post mentioned above is my son's Grandmother. Sorry for any confusion.
If I ever get a chance to do that I might look into the one you mentioned Jesda.