: What tires with stock wheels?

AlphaWolf
06-14-08, 09:00 PM
I love the ride with stock wheels but I don't like the handling of the OEM tires. I looked at Tirerack for an alternative and it seems Continental Cross Contact LX gets excellent review for that size. I have always used Michelin but it is more expensive and not as good reviewed as Continental. Anyone has any recommendation for stock wheels 265/70R17?

OCESCALADE
06-15-08, 03:53 PM
I went with the goodyear silent armor and have been real pleased. The tires are a little firmer but the handeling is far in a way a whole lot better. Still a smoth ride.

hcvone
06-16-08, 06:39 AM
The best tires I ever had were on my 03' escalade, they were Bridgestone Revo's, great in snow or wet conditions, and not much noise on the highway, very good wear.

Rolex
06-16-08, 09:46 AM
I am a big fan of Michelin LTX M/S. Quiet, wear well, and damn decent snow and light mud traction.

slk230mb
06-16-08, 03:52 PM
I am a big fan of Michelin LTX M/S. Quiet, wear well, and damn decent snow and light mud traction.

:yeah:

TSS
06-17-08, 10:29 AM
I am a big fan of Michelin LT M/S. Quiet, wear well, and damn decent snow and light mud traction.

AGREE!!! Had them on my 01 Tahoe. Would get them again in a heartbeat on my Lade. Sam's Club has a very sililar tire, I think it is called Michelin X or something like that. It is a sam's specific name. Great prices there too for tires.

Jenni-scalade
01-09-09, 10:52 PM
I am a big fan of Michelin LT M/S. Quiet, wear well, and damn decent snow and light mud traction.

Are these the same as the Michelin LTX M/S? Not finding the LT M/S anywhere.

Thanks!

Silver04
01-10-09, 10:07 AM
Yes, the LT indicates it has an E or light truck rating. Terrific tires!

Rolex
01-10-09, 05:44 PM
Are these the same as the Michelin LTX M/S? Not finding the LT M/S anywhere.

Thanks!

Yes sorry....LTX M/S. Great tires.

Jenni-scalade
01-20-09, 06:09 PM
We went with the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred - P265/70TR17. I've had them now for about 10 days. We had some "real" great weather to test them out in and they perform AWESOME! The handling is terrific, smooth super quiet ride and the grip is incredible! I would definetly buy these again!

Super impressed!!! :worship: Goodyear Fortera TripleTred - P265/70TR17

Rolex
01-20-09, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the update. Let us know how the tread wears on those Goodyears.

KrazyKeith
01-20-09, 07:06 PM
We went with the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred - P265/70TR17. I've had them now for about 10 days. We had some "real" great weather to test them out in and they perform AWESOME! The handling is terrific, smooth super quiet ride and the grip is incredible! I would definetly buy these again!

Super impressed!!! :worship: Goodyear Fortera TripleTred - P265/70TR17

I almost went with those at sam's club but they had some real "winners" working there and they sure were NOT gonna touch my ride so I left and went to wal-mart.

Ended up with some cheap uniroyal liberators and well I'm glad I didnt spend the extra cash, They handle excellent, no highway noise and I'm also happy with them in the snow. We'll see how they last, They are only for the winter months so I'm sure they'll do what I intended them to. They were $125each I believe for the tire itself but the total came to $561 for the 4 mounted/balanced, old tires disposed of, and I have the lifetime balance/rotation with them.

Whatever works I suppose, If I was gonna ride on them all year I woulda went with a better rated tire. I'm seriously happy with them though, I've got about 1500 miles on them so far. :)