: How do the Eibach's ride?

04vman
06-14-08, 02:51 AM
I was considering swaping in the Eibach Prokit. Does anybody have a used kit for sale? Does anybody currently have them installed on their V? How is the ride? I know the look is prefered but will it make the ride bouncy, or will it be too low with 4 people in the car? I just want to know what everybody's feedback is on this upgrade? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

NormV
06-14-08, 08:54 AM
Probably the most inexpensive way to lower your car. No problems with the ride quality but as with any stiffer springs it does stiffen things up. I hit railroad tracks at 50 MPH everyday and never bottomed out. You should have no problem with a car full. You'll have to modify the rear shock mount, as with any alternative offer for this car, or go with non-level shock like Monroe or KYB. I am running KYB in the rear with Eibach springs and GM racing sway bars and the shock is a nice match.

Norm

Feffman
06-14-08, 10:45 AM
I have the Ground Control suspension which uses Eibach springs. Personally, IMHO, this is how the car should have come from the factory. A little stiffer, but much more enjoyable to drive.

Feff

04vman
06-14-08, 12:04 PM
So you do have to swap the shocks when you lower this car.

atdeneve
06-14-08, 01:40 PM
No, you just have to modify the rear shocks to prevent the Nivomats from readjusting the height back up.

thebigjimsho
06-14-08, 02:35 PM
All I know is FG2 with a 500/550lb setup is the bees knees...

whisler151
06-15-08, 10:26 AM
I have the Eibach ProKit and I LOVE it! The front drops a lot and the back drops about an inch. Be sure that you get the spacers for the rear shocks or it wont drop much at all. I have been lowered for about 6 months and love it...no problems or complaints. Let me know if you have any questions.

jweymar
06-15-08, 01:10 PM
I have the Eibach ProKit and I LOVE it! The front drops a lot and the back drops about an inch. Be sure that you get the spacers for the rear shocks or it wont drop much at all. I have been lowered for about 6 months and love it...no problems or complaints. Let me know if you have any questions.

What size rims/tires are you running?

whisler151
06-15-08, 03:46 PM
What size rims/tires are you running?

Stock setup all around with Dunlops