: iPhone voicemail with STS Bluetooth

drjdan
06-14-08, 01:18 AM
I am able to pair my iPhone with 2008 STS with bluetooth. It places and receives calls ok. But when I listen to voicemails, the sound does not come though the car speakers.

With my bluetooth headset, I am able to listen to the voicemails (which are stored on the phone).

Anyone had this problem? Is there a certain way you have to listen to the voicemails?

dhemrick
06-14-08, 01:46 AM
Mine does the same thing. I haven't been able to figure it out. Kind of irritating.

If I want to listen to listen to my voice mail, I go onto the iphone screen and select the output to be on the iphone instead of the STS and I just listed through the handset. That's the only way I know to get around it.

hyperboimmv
06-14-08, 07:54 PM
When you listen to your voice mail with the headset connected, in the top left corner of the screen you have to choose audio, then choose bluetooth. It will stay like that after you set it, but you have to set it first.

drjdan
06-14-08, 10:22 PM
When you listen to your voice mail with the headset connected, in the top left corner of the screen you have to choose audio, then choose bluetooth. It will stay like that after you set it, but you have to set it first.

The problem is not when wearing a bluethooth headset. Have no problem with voice mail.

It is when using the 2008 STS bluetooth as the paired connection. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine, But when voicemails are played back even using the audio and selecting bluetooth. (You said top left corner, on my iPhone it is the top right corner.) The voicemail plays, but no sound is heard on the STS speakers. The radio just keep on playing without any mute.

hyperboimmv
06-19-08, 01:33 PM
Sorry, I was thinking backwards when I posted top left corner. I am not sure then for your voice mail. It doesn't make sense if the device is streaming audio. My guess would be the very limited bluetooth from the iPhone.. Its not sending the correct data when you listen to the voice message.

gunner13
06-25-08, 12:18 PM
Same problem, I got my iPhone in January and can't find a setting that makes it work each time. I don't think shelling out the buck for one of the new iPhones to see if they improved the Bluetooth connectivity makes much sense either. PITA if ya ask me <sigh>

drjdan
06-25-08, 02:03 PM
Same problem, I got my iPhone in January and can't find a setting that makes it work each time. I don't think shelling out the buck for one of the new iPhones to see if they improved the Bluetooth connectivity makes much sense either. PITA if ya ask me <sigh>

You say each time. Have you every been able to listen to voice mail on bluetooth in STS?