: This car runs on water - and that's pretty much the end of the story...

Lord Cadillac
06-13-08, 10:00 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/899886

I suppose these types of cars will get bigger and more powerful as time goes on. They're small now - but the work...

Rolex
06-14-08, 12:05 AM
That's awesome. I wonder if anyone else remembers an inventor from Florida that made national news a couple of years ago with this technology? He had a blow torch and an automobile that ran entirely off of water. I predicted he would be bought out by big oil companies and never heard from again. I think I may have been right.

I would happily be a beta tester for the H2O car if they'd send me one.

dkozloski
06-14-08, 12:44 AM
Swindlers and scammers are alive and well in Japan. It takes more energy to separate the hydrogen from the water than you'll ever get back by recombining it with something else again. You can bet there's something hidden here. The only way these guys can get traction at all with blatant stuff like this is that the public is an ignorant animal when it comes to science. The car probably has a hidden battery and the water has nothing to do with anything. Because there appears to be only one prototype car they are looking for pigeons(investors).

dkozloski
06-14-08, 12:56 AM
There was a guy a while back that was going to build a submarine that was to travel from Montreal to Paris completely submerged. Talk about implausible. His scheme was uncloaked when his prototype fuelless powerplant stopped running when a curious reporter unplugged the cord that led away from the table the engine was sitting on, to a wall outlet.

dwight.j.carter
06-14-08, 01:14 AM
Last guy I heard of with something like this wouldn't be bought out so the oil companies had him killed.

dkozloski
06-14-08, 03:18 AM
Last guy I heard of with something like this wouldn't be bought out so the oil companies had him killed.
This is the guy.

lrf9K6Dgizs

Jesda
06-14-08, 04:18 AM
If water = fuel, Iowa is in great shape right now.

ewill3rd
06-14-08, 09:08 AM
I'd agree, the letters H2O on the back and a box inside a car is not "proof" that a car can run on water.
I am with Koz... not plausible without some outside force at work.
Seeing a video on youtube isn't proof that something works.
I am not so sure why everyone is bent on demonizing car companies that are run by people just like you and me.
GM has been working on hydrogen technology for years, they have people driving test cars and are working with the "evil" oil companies to build the infrastructure required to make hydrogen fuel cell cars a reality. People will believe anything won't they?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-14-08, 10:18 AM

Hahaha! In Iowa, two things are farmed now, corn....and water.

I'd like to be the guy running the water farm. :histeric:

Submariner409
06-14-08, 10:31 AM
I'll bet a CF member in Cedar Rapids is not a happy camper right now,and the rains and flooding in Iowa are probably going to affect the other 49 states....you watch.

dkozloski
06-14-08, 12:24 PM
My brother-in-law lives in Cedar Falls and he has neck deep water in his house. He's a prototype and "impossible part" machinist at John Deere in Waterloo.

Jesda
06-14-08, 02:54 PM
One of our installation techs is still unable to finish the job due to flooding in Waterloo. We told him to suck it up and build a canoe.

Destroyer
06-15-08, 06:50 PM

The are swimming in it!:eek:

Stoneage_Caddy
06-15-08, 10:18 PM
Im building my 4th hydrogen generator , this one is going on the bike. Things have been going pretty damned well.

Ill post the results (THE HONEST RESULTS) when its done by the end of this week. If it doesnt work ill let yall know. But i think It will do what im asking it to do , and thats a mere 25% increase in fuel mileage. Im still unsure the ammounts i can generate will be enough. But I just wanted to tinker with the stuff and see what it does with my own eyes.

AMGoff
06-17-08, 01:02 AM
There have been several cases of people building water-powered vehicles over the years and many of those people have either "mysteriously" disappeared or died shortly after there was any public attention on them.

They're saying it's completely self-contained and that the hydrogen and oxygen are being separated by a chemical reaction... and I really wouldn't put anything past the Japanese. Technology is evolving at a breakneck pace these days... who knows what they could have come up with.

Frankly... this is one thing people should be optimistic about. If it indeed works as said, you can bet we'll be hearing more about it... and we should all be hopeful that it does indeed work - only a twisted soul would be pessimistic about such a technological development.

ewill3rd
06-17-08, 07:57 AM
I think it would be fantastic, but until someone shows me how it works I am afraid I'll just have to be a disbeliever.
I just don't believe you can split hydrogen and oxygen and utilize one for fuel in a little box.
At least not enough to power a car. Don't get me wrong, I am fairly excited about this type of technology, but it seems to me a lot of folks are out to make a buck on giving people what they want, whether it is true or not.

dkozloski
06-17-08, 01:34 PM
Because the splitting of water is a lossy process, it takes more energy than you'll ever get back. It makes no difference whether you do it chemically or electrically. It's much wiser to use the energy splitting the water to directly power the machine than to introduce the inefficiencies of the separating and recombining.

gothicaleigh
06-17-08, 01:49 PM
:shifty

http://www.thetempos.com/vacation06/05_skunk1.jpg

:gothiraspberry: