: NBC's Tim Russert dies at age 58!

N0DIH
06-13-08, 04:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Russert

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/

RightTurn
06-13-08, 04:45 PM
:( I wonder who will take over "Meet the Press." Sigh.

Jesda
06-13-08, 06:26 PM
A good guy at a bad network.

thebigjimsho
06-13-08, 07:43 PM
He will be missed. Buffalo's finest...

caddycruiser
06-13-08, 10:37 PM
A good guy at a bad network.

Agreed, probably the best and most "normal" there.

Such a shock to be fine, and even chatting online just after lunch, except for a little weirdness...and the boom, he drops later. Seemed almost like the John Ritter thing where he wasn't feeling 100% earlier in the day (and his last interview said as such), then that was all she wrote.

Artery plaque breaking loose, heart attack, and an enlarged heart. All likely exacerbated by overweight (though not hugely so), lack of rest, and poor eating, as his colleagues have all said. Yet ANOTHER clear case of why you NEED to stay as fit and healthy as you can, to at least always have a better fighting chance. For someone just somewhat hefty--and so many people are so much more--another wakeup call, especially teamed with stress and eating.

But he will be missed. I NEVER watch NBC news, but often watched things with him...sad.

AMGoff
06-13-08, 10:57 PM
Meet the Press was just about the only network news program that I watch... but now, who knows...

RIP Mr. Russert - You were a terrific journalist and a great American... You will be missed.

chubbyranger
06-13-08, 11:14 PM
His passing is truly a loss to the democratic system as we know it. As a reasonable and respected moderator, Tim Russert symbolized the concept of rational debate of ideas. If that asshat Bill O'Reilly had gone, nary a tear would be shed, but as always the good ones go first.

dkozloski
06-13-08, 11:19 PM
Bill O"Reilly has the most widely watched news show going by a very wide margin. Somebody thinks he's believable.

Jesda
06-14-08, 01:54 AM
I love Bill OReilly for only one reason: He makes enemies with people I hate.

Otherwise, meh.

Playdrv4me
06-14-08, 05:44 AM
Bill O"Reilly has the most widely watched news show going by a very wide margin. Somebody thinks he's believable.

:werd: and even he ain't abrasive enough for me... still have to get my occasional Savage fix :lildevil:

dkozloski
06-14-08, 11:28 AM
:werd: and even he ain't abrasive enough for me... still have to get my occasional Savage fix :lildevil:
Good old Michael Weiner, the voice of reason in a world of chaos.

chubbyranger
06-15-08, 08:39 PM
Tim Russert was a journalist - the rest are entertainers. A real but subtle difference. The other clowns are where David Byrne got the name for his 80's rock band.

Jesda
06-16-08, 09:00 AM
Tim Russert was a journalist - the rest are entertainers. A real but subtle difference. The other clowns are where David Byrne got the name for his 80's rock band.

Man, isn't that the truth.