: Masterdebating. Do you masterdebate?

Lord Cadillac
06-11-08, 07:20 PM
Okay. Since the year 2000, I've been trying to get a place together where people can go to debate - and more-so - a place where I could send people when topics get too heated.. Thus, www.masterdebating.com

But I need some help.. Please reply here with some ideas on topics that are heavily debatable..

THANK YOU!

Rolex
06-11-08, 07:42 PM
Topic #1: Manscaping gay or okay?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manscaping

:hide:

Submariner409
06-11-08, 08:02 PM
Sal, If you're on one side of the fence and I'm on the other, we can debate anything from SAE thread pitch to Global Warming. The glitch arises when a debater in a forum adopts the attitude "I'm right, no matter what you offer in rebuttal" and the civil debate turns into a gutter pissing contest.

The Romans and Greeks had the ultimate solution: A baseless troublemaker was removed from Forum and sent back to the provinces.

Nowadays we're too politically correct and afraid to call out a blowhard jackass on blind stupidity, so we (kitty)foot around and hope we offend no one.

Hillary and Obama have once again proved (after several tries) that the art of intelligent debate is gone forever. A so-called political debate is nowadays nothing more than a carefully scripted media circus designed to help and hinder one party or another, so that form of experience shouldn't really be used as a basis for deciding a candidates' qualifications to wind toilet paper.

.......but, as always, I have no opinion.

Lord Cadillac
06-11-08, 08:29 PM
So you feel there should be no debate?

Submariner409
06-11-08, 09:57 PM
Of course there should be debate. Intelligent debate is a necessary pathway for the progress of human intelligence. The incident checks and balances generally result in some progress toward a common goal for the majority. The hiccup arises when two parties meet on a level field and the commentator/moderator is operating on a field biased toward one party: political or corporate gain foremost. Nothing we see on television or hear on the radio is now without ulterior motive. I firmly believe that there is more honest exchange of idea between differing individuals in a forum such as this than in censored blogs or one-sided "I love you" e-mail replies.

The last series of Hillary/McCain/Obama rallies were videos of obviously carefully culled zealots. Weeping women, tax & spend hangers-on and righteous oil magnates. Bat Crap.

Lord Cadillac
06-11-08, 10:07 PM
I hear ya on public television. The internet is a better platform. I don't intend on being a biased moderator of that particular forum, however.. I won't go silencing people because of differing opinions..

Submariner409
06-12-08, 10:29 AM
Silencing differing opinion is censorship and oppression. Silencing those who resort to name-calling and baseless posturing is moderation.

RightTurn
06-12-08, 10:54 AM
So basically Koz and I will be excluded? :coffee:

Submariner409
06-12-08, 11:03 AM
Only in open Forum. In the Hog Pits it's a different world :sneaky:.

Lord Cadillac
06-12-08, 12:18 PM
So basically Koz and I will be excluded? :coffee:
Definitely not...

eyekandyboats.inc
06-12-08, 07:52 PM
i think you will be attracting alot of ... men and gheys when they google" masterbate if they spell it wrong... so possible kids who dont know how to spell.

RightTurn
06-12-08, 10:19 PM
Silencing those who resort to name-calling and baseless posturing is moderation.

So basically Koz and I will be excluded?

Definitely not...

I was trying to make a joke, Sal. :lame:

:lol:

Lord Cadillac
06-13-08, 02:22 AM
I was trying to make a joke, Sal. :lame:

:lol:
Yeah, I just wanted to bump my topic. :suspense:

RightTurn
06-13-08, 10:18 AM
:bump: Sal needs a bump. :D

Submariner409
06-13-08, 12:25 PM
Hump Bump Bump.....:rolleyes:

RightTurn
06-13-08, 02:18 PM
I want to get in on the name calling and baseless posturing. :alchi: Where's Koz???

93DevilleUSMC
06-13-08, 02:42 PM
Masterdebating causes carpal tunnel in the fingers and wrists.

AlBundy
06-13-08, 04:26 PM
Here's a forum where gothicaleigh will be president.:D:hide:

Lord Cadillac
06-13-08, 05:32 PM
It's not like the forum is "busy" or anything - but it's (so far) the busiest new forum I've ever created. Controversy is good. :p

RightTurn
06-13-08, 05:50 PM
Okay. Since the year 2000, I've been trying to get a place together where people can go to debate - and more-so - a place where I could send people when topics get too heated.. Thus, www.masterdebating.com

But I need some help.. Please reply here with some ideas on topics that are heavily debatable..

THANK YOU!

War in Iraq - should the U.S. summarily withdraw?

Reinstate the Draft?

Is McCain too old?

National healthcare for the U.S.?

More taxes/penalties on Big Oil?

AlBundy
06-13-08, 05:54 PM
Why didn't R Kelly go to jail.:hide:

Lord Cadillac
06-13-08, 05:54 PM
I just added the one about the draft.. I had the one on Iraq - although its dead so far for some reason.. McCain too old? Is that a common discussion?

Lord Cadillac
06-13-08, 05:55 PM
Why didn't R Kelly go to jail.:hide:
Can you do me a favor and post that one up for me? I really know nothing about that...

RightTurn
06-13-08, 06:02 PM
McCain too old? Is that a common discussion?

Yes, it's often discussed. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure it's much of a debate topic. :D

Lord Cadillac
06-13-08, 06:45 PM
I haven't heard a whole lot of debate about that.. Then again, I haven't been paying much attention.

:alright: (testing a new smiley)