: 99 lade revs when stoped...HELP!

skrup722
06-11-08, 04:52 PM
I have been driving my truck for almost a full year. Latley ive noticed that when im stoped at a light (in drive), foot on the brake, SOMETIMES, not everytime, my lade revs to about 1500 rpm, maybe a lil more. The tact is just bouncing up and down! and she basically feels like she is going to start driving off on her own...anyone have any ideas?

setes
06-12-08, 04:09 PM
I have been driving my truck for almost a full year. Latley ive noticed that when im stoped at a light (in drive), foot on the brake, SOMETIMES, not everytime, my lade revs to about 1500 rpm, maybe a lil more. The tact is just bouncing up and down! and she basically feels like she is going to start driving off on her own...anyone have any ideas?

I would suggest to clean throttle body and MAF sensor.
Good luck

Paul,

silversport
06-13-08, 07:34 AM
I agree...sounds like you are getting surging and the computer is trying to compensate for something...good luck...
Bill

hcvone
06-13-08, 08:20 AM
How many miles since your last tune up?

skrup722
06-13-08, 10:00 AM
i had the throttle body cleaned about 5 or 6 months ago, it seemed to go away for a short time... but now its back...as for the tune up, i was told when i bought it that they did a tune up, and replaced all fluids, etc...but for some reason i dont think they did...alot of stuff has had to be done since i bought the truck....tune up does sound like a good idea...thanks for your help!