: Fair price for install...?

K_cin_az
06-11-08, 01:48 PM
Just wondering what you guys would consider a fair price for the following install for a side job type of guy.

Install a double din nav player into 99 eldorado (non-bose) which requires creating custom bezel and mounting

Along with that installing an amp in the trunk (power wire/rca)

I would buy all the parts so would be paying strictly for labor. I have one quote from a guy who surely can get the job done for $200. Have another quote for $150 but not quite as sold on his ability to get it done because doesn't have anypics of previous custom jobs such as this....

bigjoker
06-15-08, 12:25 AM
price seems fair. just do it yourself. its not hard.

K_cin_az
06-16-08, 12:10 PM
if a custom bezel didnt need to be fabricated I would, but since there is no double din bezel for the 99 eldo pretty much figured mind as well pay someone to create one that will look professional

SouthernCountry
06-21-08, 09:47 AM
You could probably get a decent quote from an authorized installer plus warranty if they install it wrong. I had a place do mine when I was in Cali for $150 to install 7" screen, 2 subs, amp and capacitor. Most places will charge $25 to $50 to install stereo plus price of harness if you don't have one.