: New V2 Video No Wheel Hop!!!!!

MIACTSV
06-10-08, 10:37 PM
Here is a video of the V2 being launched several times and no wheel hop sounds great too.

I think the color on the car is Blue Diamond tricoat.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=126926?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1 .*#20

CVP33
06-10-08, 10:40 PM
Wow.

CTSV_510
06-10-08, 10:45 PM
1:00 ... freaking beautiful!

"... it should come as no surprise that there's more power to be had from this relatively unstressed motor. Dave Mikels, the CTS-V's powertrain integration engineer, reckons a 10 percent boost in horsepower should be within easy reach for a tuner. "I know because we've done it in development," says Mikels with the sly smile that inevitably comes when boys talk about horsepower. "

MIACTSV
06-10-08, 10:58 PM
Dave Mikels, the CTS-V's powertrain integration engineer, reckons a 10 percent boost in horsepower should be within easy reach for a tuner

By my calculations thats 618 hp, imagine the possibilities. :cloud9:

parexa
06-10-08, 10:58 PM
This is so badass! I want one

razl
06-10-08, 11:51 PM
drool.

RightTurn
06-11-08, 12:10 AM
"COULD top the $60k mark." :lol: Ya think??

xfifty
06-11-08, 01:41 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=126926?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1 .*#5

CIWS
06-11-08, 09:26 AM
"COULD top the $60k mark." :lol: Ya think??

I think this quote is pretty accurate.

"The 2009 Cadillac CTS-V goes on sale in October. Cadillac says the price hasn't been set. But since the old model got up to $53,000 and since the new 414-hp, V8-powered BMW M3 (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/ViewModelDetail/make=BMW/model=M3) runs right around $60,000, we expect the Cadillac will list for just over $60K. A few options such as the automatic and the supremely comfy Recaro seats should push the price up to around $65,000. "

I've been saying between 65-70K with gas guzzler, and I'm betting that's still going to be the case.

GNSCOTT
06-11-08, 10:39 AM
What is amazing is that the ring record was set with an auto.

GM also released videos including commercials of the V1 spinning the tires w/out wheel hop. Seems no one even knew about it until magazines got to test drive the car. I think GM learned and there will be very little hop, but wait for magazine tests since they use actual production cars.

urbanski
06-11-08, 10:41 AM

Florian
06-11-08, 10:46 AM
the torque nannies are definately there...you can hear it......PLUS the fact that GM now knows when you try to remove them is disturbing. I do like the sub-4 0-60 times in stock form....
No wheel hop = monster nannies. Get used to it boys.

F

The Tony Show
06-11-08, 10:50 AM
That's the PTM kicking in- I don't mind nannies as long as they don't achieve their goal by gutting the car, which obviously isn't happening too much with those times.

Besides- the STS-V crowd has already proven how easy it is to give the nanny her walking papers, right? :sneaky:

chris1268
06-11-08, 11:27 AM

The article says it's the silver color

MIACTSV
06-11-08, 02:39 PM

The article says it's the silver color

Actually there are three cars in the article/video a black one a silver one and a blue one. The silver one is the one that they rode in and has the racing seats with harness/extiguishers etc.. and is the one that broke the record in Germany as shown by the decal in the back of the car. The one thats shown in the pictures on the right of the screen looks blue to me.:D

HiTechRV
06-11-08, 11:31 PM
Good nannies =better traction + tires that last over 10K. Bring on the nannies though I'd like to be able to disable them when desired.

The torque management in my STS-V costs .1-.2s, but eliminates wheel hop and makes the PS2's last a longer. I seldom even put it into competative mode. I just go into sD and let the electronics do their job and eat rice all day long. It would have to be a very close race to need those last few tenths.

Florian
06-12-08, 11:22 AM
That's the PTM kicking in- I don't mind nannies as long as they don't achieve their goal by gutting the car, which obviously isn't happening too much with those times.

Besides- the STS-V crowd has already proven how easy it is to give the nanny her walking papers, right? :sneaky:

T, we have the old source code in the STSv's that doesnt track software changes. And um, I dont know what youre speaking of....:confused: :shhh:

Good nannies =better traction + tires that last over 10K. Bring on the nannies though I'd like to be able to disable them when desired.

The torque management in my STS-V costs .1-.2s, but eliminates wheel hop and makes the PS2's last a longer. I seldom even put it into competative mode. I just go into sD and let the electronics do their job and eat rice all day long. It would have to be a very close race to need those last few tenths.

HTRV, Traction control and Torque mgmt will pull timing out to get your wheels planted, and you will lose time. I see it all the time in my slushie STSv. I HATE it! Sure youre rubber lasts longer, but Im happy to scrub those shitty PS2s off.

F

CVP33
06-12-08, 09:01 PM
So let me see if I've got this straight. An automatic set the record for four door sedans at the Nurburgring? And it was limited to a top speed of 175mph? Hmmm.

Twitch
06-14-08, 11:13 AM
I have no wheel hop doing a burnout: Specter "works" bushings (bonus video inside) (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/140434-specter-works-bushings-bonus-video-inside.html)

Not arguing anything. Just saying that, on the current V, you can do it. I still get it in the rain, or if I'm launching hard and the tires try to get loose. But if I give it enough gas to spin the tires on purpose, I dont get hop.

Sure hope they fixed it on the new one though.

Tony

HiTechRV
06-14-08, 11:28 AM
So let me see if I've got this straight. An automatic set the record for four door sedans at the Nurburgring? And it was limited to a top speed of 175mph? Hmmm.

M5's AMGs and such are typically limited to 155 or so in Germany. I'm not sure you can get much over 150 on the long straight away on the ring unless you are in a Veyron.

CVP33
06-14-08, 11:39 PM
M5's AMGs and such are typically limited to 155 or so in Germany. I'm not sure you can get much over 150 on the long straight away on the ring unless you are in a Veyron.

That was my thought. But it also shows that the Caddy can handle as it takes more than brute force to master da' ring.

JEM
06-15-08, 12:17 PM
That was my thought. But it also shows that the Caddy can handle as it takes more than brute force to master da' ring.

Merc will sell you some AMG models with the limiter lifted to 300kph, though maybe not in the US. I suspect the V can top 150 on that front straight as long as they're running it in full-track mode and not the 'civilian' rent-a-track version where the tollbooth/parking lot is right in the middle of the straight.

What it takes to master the Nordschleife is a suspension that works well in the real world. The track is full of elevation change and little dips and yumps that mean you've got to have real suspension travel and minimal bumpsteer and so on.

Oh and yeah, power helps a lot too.

atdeneve
06-15-08, 02:04 PM

Merc will sell you some AMG models with the limiter lifted to 300kph, though maybe not in the US. I suspect the V can top 150 on that front straight as long as they're running it in full-track mode and not the 'civilian' rent-a-track version where the tollbooth/parking lot is right in the middle of the straight.

What it takes to master the Nordschleife is a suspension that works well in the real world. The track is full of elevation change and little dips and yumps that mean you've got to have real suspension travel and minimal bumpsteer and so on.

Oh and yeah, power helps a lot too.

John Heinricy noted that he did hit 175 at the top of 5th gear, right before the breaking zone at the end of the long straight. He also said that they had the manual up to 191 on a circular track, reckoning it could eek out a bit more on a straight.

JEM
06-15-08, 07:39 PM
John Heinricy noted that he did hit 175 at the top of 5th gear, right before the breaking zone at the end of the long straight. He also said that they had the manual up to 191 on a circular track, reckoning it could eek out a bit more on a straight.

If Cadillac decides to offer a 'Nordschleife option' - $10K, ten cars per batch, maybe three batches per year, Heinricy runs a three or four-day track school at the 'Ring maybe a la the BMW club program - I'm there.

They would, of course, be better off with an ECU calibration that takes ~200HP out of the car for the first two days.

The way the BMW program does it is that you learn one turn complex at a time, you don't get to run a full lap until you've seen each batch of turns individually (no, haven't yet done it yet, my list of excuses for why not is endless...)

And as far as 191mph goes - that's fine, I'll take his word for it. I'm assuming the V is going to get the XL-rated super-duper-high-speed PS2s.

ctsvett
06-17-08, 04:08 AM
on the nannies: I talked to the GM guys and PTM is NOT going to be in the car at launch... bottom line: less nannies...

Reed

atdeneve
06-17-08, 08:24 AM
Is PTM something that's gonna be able to be turned off, like Traction Control and Stabilitrac? Given a choice, I think I would definitely choose to have the PTM option. As it is described, it seems to be a performance enhancer. However, I would also like to be able to deactivate it, if I so desire.