: Can '03 Seville display digital coolant temp reading?

ktraub
06-10-08, 12:13 PM
Hi all,
I used to be able to display the coolant temp in digital format on my old '93 SLS but can't seem to find a way to do it on my '03 STS.
Anyone know if there's a diagnostic mode for the display for digital coolant temp?
I know how to dump and reset the OBD-II codes, but was wondering if there's any other diagnostic modes that can be enabled from the regular dash controls to display coolant temp, etc.
Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.
-Kev

Submariner409
06-10-08, 12:32 PM
You're out of luck. My '02 won't display temps and pressures, either. I have toyed with the idea of installing a wood insert in the console storage slot just under the climate control panel, fitted with a pair of 2" mechanical oil and temp gauges.

Click and scroll in.

AJxtcman
06-10-08, 01:51 PM
I can turn it on in the DIC, but I need the IPC to do it.

$20 plus shipping

It will display just like everything else in the DIC

Submariner409
06-10-08, 01:59 PM
AJ, Is that the entire cluster you want ??

AJxtcman
06-10-08, 11:13 PM
AJ, Is that the entire cluster you want ??

Yes sub

ktraub
06-11-08, 03:09 PM
Any way to get it via the OBD-II connector?

JimD
06-11-08, 04:48 PM
Any way to get it via the OBD-II connector?Yes. That is how the temperature values were obtained for the picture in Post #2.

An OBD II interface box and a laptop with appropriate s/w is all that is needed.

Submariner409
06-11-08, 05:30 PM
JimD.....Does, or do, the last 6 or 7 posts in "Who wants headers?" and the link to a GM enthusiast site have ties to this thread question ?

JimD
06-11-08, 06:00 PM
JimD.....Does, or do, the last 6 or 7 posts in "Who wants headers?" and the link to a GM enthusiast site have ties to this thread question ?Not in any way shape or form.

I'm not into second-guessing the Cadillac powerplant engineering group and their exhaustive test facilities.

The interface box I use is "read only". And only powerplant parameters and "P" codes. If you are curious, the interface I use is the "BR-3" at the site below. Download the free s/w and run it in DEMO mode to get a sense of the display capabilities.

http://obddiagnostics.com/index.html

ktraub
06-18-08, 02:53 PM
I just picked up this puppy and it works great in the '03 STS.
http://www.scangauge.com/
Can even display fuel cost per mile along with 3 other 'gauges' of your choice based on the OBDII port and no laptop needed.
Got mine displaying Water Temp, Fuel cost per mile, MPG, & Volts and tucked it up over the visor. Nice. :D
-Kev

Submariner409
06-18-08, 03:16 PM
Called the company, near Phoenix, AZ to order one. They are currently (as of 3:10 pm) backordered one week, maybe shipping next Wednesday or Thursday. It comes Priority mail, so 2 days to lower 48. The pleasant young woman said "We have just been slammed with orders.....but that's a good thing !"