: Msg to Caddy: Pricing Info Please!

razl
06-10-08, 10:58 AM
Somebody from the home-planet has got to surf this forum (otherwise, where did The General get the idea to stuff a Maggie, err, Eaton sc into the V2?) :rolleyes:

So here goes: a straight, to the point, no joke request (plea?):

Could you please give us, the faithful, some pricing info?

It's the last man standing in the world of pre-release facts about this awesome car.

It's the one tidbit that everyone is waiting for. Heck, it's the last sliver of info that people around here are planning their automotive lives around.

Please?

If need be, we promise to keep it under wraps here :bows:

N V
06-10-08, 12:01 PM
I attended the CTS-V track day at Summit Point and was talking with the Cadillac rep. To the best of my knowledge, I believe he said the base price would be around 59k to 60k. I could be wrong, but this is also what is listed on Wikipedia. I know that site isn't the most accurate, but the acceleration and quarter mile times also match up with the most recent reports.

anim8orCTSV
06-10-08, 12:51 PM
I noticed the same thing. Then I checked when it was last edited and it was 6/09. So the info may have been updated when the official announcement was made.

I for one would sign an NDA to find out the answer to that question.

I am going to be without a car for the next 4 to 5 months. If the V is going to be priced out of my range then I would have to move on.

I wish they would just break down and tell us.

-Paul
anim8orCTSV

V-Love
06-10-08, 01:34 PM
I agree. I need to plan before I can drop the dough. I just don't have it lying around. I also hope the offer the first cars to original V owners. First right of refusal would be nice for the pioneers.

Silverspeed
06-10-08, 02:37 PM
It would be nice to know sometime this decade.

RightTurn
06-10-08, 05:42 PM
I also hope the offer the first cars to original V owners. First right of refusal would be nice for the pioneers.

Yeah...that'll happen. :lol:

V-Love
06-10-08, 05:46 PM
Yeah...that'll happen. :lol:

C'mon, I been drinkin all day!

V-Love
06-10-08, 05:49 PM
I attended the CTS-V track day at Summit Point and was talking with the Cadillac rep. To the best of my knowledge, I believe he said the base price would be around 59k to 60k. I could be wrong, but this is also what is listed on Wikipedia. I know that site isn't the most accurate, but the acceleration and quarter mile times also match up with the most recent reports.
I LOVE your optimism!!! Great 1st post. Attended the Summit Point meet?!? I like this guy already. You on the prowl for the 2009 or already an owner?

RightTurn
06-10-08, 05:55 PM
C'mon, I been drinkin all day!

Well I'd call that a day well spent. And you're still not getting first dibs on the V2. ahahaha.

Bigron
06-10-08, 07:05 PM
with 1/4 and 0-60 times similar to the Z06 and a nicer interior I would assume similar pricing?
69k?

GNSCOTT
06-10-08, 08:15 PM
with 1/4 and 0-60 times similar to the Z06 and a nicer interior I would assume similar pricing?
69k?

3.7 and a mid to low 11 sec 1/4 mile for a z06 is not similar. Also the Z06 has its own frame, own custom floor boards and carbon fiber that make it that much more expensive. The CTS-V is basically bolt on items obove a regular CTS and no real expensive V specific parts had to be madeand I am guessing they did not use any CF.

$69k should be around the loaded price. a loaded Z06 is in the $82k range and special editions topping off in the $85k range.

Gm will not give a price until they have to. ZR-1's go into production in July, you can now order one, but there is no official price yet. Gm will wait to see what the cost of supplies are and what the dollar is doing.

Sorry but this forum did not give GM the idea to put in a supercharger. GM tries not to use one because of the added cost for parts, warranty repairs, and ease to modify the cars (see warranty repairs). Not to mention that putting a maggie on a V was IMHO a waste of money since my rears would grenade in stock form and the wheel hop was unbearable.

I am also skeptical about the performance claims since none of us were able to come close to the V1's times when it came out. so much so that GM changed the official 0-60 time. How many have run the 12.8 GM did?

Dr Chill
06-11-08, 12:04 AM
But et's and 0-60 times with an automatic should be reproducible.

lawfive
06-16-08, 02:27 PM
I talked with the head of Cadillac public relations on Saturday. You shouldn't hold your breath for pricing info as they're still not positive how much the thing will cost to build or how much the market will bear. With a November release, official pricing won't be public until the September - October timeframe.

GNSCOTT
06-16-08, 09:05 PM
I talked with the head of Cadillac public relations on Saturday. You shouldn't hold your breath for pricing info as they're still not positive how much the thing will cost to build or how much the market will bear. With a November release, official pricing won't be public until the September - October timeframe.

That is what I have been saying all along. GM will wait as long as they possibly can to see what it will cast. The main things will be the American dollar value and materials cost because both are traded on a global scale. GM just announced the price of the ZR1 today ($105k with gg tax $117k loaded) and it goes into production in exactly 1 month. I am leaning more towards a $65k starting price, mebbe a little more with gg tax.

ctsvett
06-17-08, 04:20 AM
my conversations (similar to lawfive) lead me to believe low 60s and mid with options (you GOTTA get the seats!)...

Reed

atdeneve
06-17-08, 08:28 AM
my conversations (similar to lawfive) lead me to believe low 60s and mid with options (you GOTTA get the seats!)...

Reed

A lot of people are gonna be happy at that price point. Of course, the lower the bettah. Heh heh.

N V
06-20-08, 09:24 AM
I LOVE your optimism!!! Great 1st post. Attended the Summit Point meet?!? I like this guy already. You on the prowl for the 2009 or already an owner?

Yeah, the Summit Point meet was awesome. I live about 30 miles from there so I couldn't miss the opportunity. I don't own a V currently but have always loved them since first reading about them years ago. With the new one coming out, it is time to step up to the plate. I don't know when I'll get one, but one thing is for sure: one day I must have one! Getting to see and sit in the new one at Summit Point only exacerbated the situation. I can attest from watching the engineers tear them up all day long at the track that they are a force to be reckoned with. My dream is to drive it to the dragstrip, kick out the family, and run a 12 flat while the hillbillies in the stands scratch their heads. Hopefully the rear end is improved over V1 from what I have read so I can make this happen. Although I don't know when my time will come, I brought a (well-off) friend of mine to the meet and it re-ignited his need for speed. Two weeks later he showed up at my house in a 1997 911 turbo! He said the official time for it in the quarter was 12.1. He was displeased however when I told him the new V is supposed to run 12 flat!:thumbsup: