: Few dumb questions about LED aftermarket taillights

manlaw
06-09-08, 01:29 PM
I'm looking to swap out the factory red incandescent taillights with LED's on my '04 Escalade. I know very little about about the LED's and have a few questions...

I keep reading that the LED's are made up of individual bulbs. If\when the indvidual bulbs go out, do you replace them indvidually ? Would you ever need to replace the entire tail light ?

If anyone out there is more familiar with after-market LED's, PLEASE shed some light on this for me. I'd like to hear any positive or negative feedback.

Thanks

250motorsportz
06-10-08, 01:57 AM
From what I know/heard, it is VERY rare that LED's burn out. They are very long lasting and use very very little amount of energy. I'd do it if I were you. I woulda done it by now, but I don't want to blow $300 or w.e. it costs on some tail lights. Here are the pair that I would get, they also look close to the stock ones from a distance and dont degrade the truck and make it look like a ricer.
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=3377
(I didn't pick that website for any specific reason) I just searched and those were the first tail lights I found. You will probably find them cheaper somewhere else!

manlaw
06-10-08, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, that's about what I was looking at, except I'd go with black ones. I've seen them on eBay for around $170, but I'm like you....I'm not in a huge hurry to spend $200+ on some freakin taillights.

I've made just about every other upgrade (grill, wheels, tint, pedals, mats, air intake). Last 2 upgrades I'm considering for now are the taillights and exhaust.

250motorsportz
06-11-08, 05:30 PM
Just get the LED bulbs and smoke out the tail lights, you're looking at $100 tops by going with this method