: V2 in Bowling Green Ky

WGT31
06-07-08, 06:48 PM
This weekend is the yearly gathering of the XLR's. Last year they had an '08 CTS so I was hoping they would have a V2.

As I entered the parking lot - there it was placed in an area of prominence, Gray metallic with chrome wheels. After parking my V1, I approached the V2 with wonder and amazement, it glistened in the sun begging to be driven. The door already opened I set down and felt the recaro seat wrap around my torso. The smell of leather and newness almost made me dizzy. The steering wheel wrapped in velour leather felt soft yet frim to my grasp.

As I tried to adjust to my surroundings I heard "you sat right down in that car like you knew exactly what you were doing." Yes ma'am "I know a little.."
thats about all I could muster at the moment.

This particular V2 had the automatic with the paddle shifters on the backside of the wheel spoke, which felt very natural and light to the touch. An older gentleman had already pulled the hood latch before I sat down in the car and as he unlatched the hood the horn for the alarm went off. Which secretly thrilled me, because that would bring out the driver so I could talk to him.

After a brief converstion I asked if the wheel hop was over and he said he didn't know. So I said "lets go for a ride!" With that he said to me he wasn't allowed to drive the car, it was trailered from the plant, shipped in from some where, supposedly a preproduction car that is worth over $500k. So after my ride dream being crushed I was belittled to just setting in the future car of dreams.

O well, guys it is awesome, out shining its bretheran the STS and the XLR by miles. They hit a homerun with this one. I bought lottery tickets on the way home just dreaming about the V2 in blue with gray recaro seats....

Almost forgot they also had 2 ZR-1s one red and one yellow, one was started and reveed and all I can say is ohhh shit.:2thumbs:

jasaero
06-08-08, 12:11 AM
Yeah! You suck man! That was supposed to be me! I got to drive it though. Then I woke up!!!

noelvm
06-08-08, 01:00 AM
So how tall are you and what do you weigh? I'm 6'1" and 225 pounds and I am concerned about fitting into the Recaro seats. What do you think?
noelvm

JEM
06-08-08, 05:14 AM
So how tall are you and what do you weigh? I'm 6'1" and 225 pounds and I am concerned about fitting into the Recaro seats. What do you think?

I'd say you definitely need to try them before you buy. When I bought my M5 I was about your size and the seats were rather snug. I've subsequently lost about 40lb and they're great, even a bit loose, now. I'm expecting the V's Recaros to be comparable.

I've got a set of Recaro SRDs that are going in a '65 Mustang convertible (got the car for free, it was supposed to be a birthday present for my wife a year or so ago, but it needed a lot of work and once I'd finished welding and gotten the thing off the rotisserie the body guy had some family problems, so...) - they're quite snug for me even now, but I know of no recent US-market OE Recaro application that's quite that snug.

razl
06-08-08, 01:00 PM
:postpics:

WGT31
06-08-08, 09:03 PM
I didn't even think about a camera, I was too freakin excited to see it. The seats were pretty comfortable, I almost asked for the key fob just to see the dash light up, but since the car was a non-driver I felt like that would be pushing it.

v84life
06-09-08, 01:57 AM
noelvm

I'm 6' 1" 205lbs. I had the Recaro's in my S4 which are very similar to the ones going in the V. It was a snug fit but a cumfy one. You will be fine if you like a sport seat. I can't wait for them if thats the only option I can afford I will get them....:thumbsup:

V-Love
06-09-08, 02:24 AM
After a brief converstion I asked if the wheel hop was over and he said he didn't know. So I said "lets go for a ride!" With that he said to me he wasn't allowed to drive the car, it was trailered from the plant, shipped in from some where, supposedly a preproduction car that is worth over $500k. So after my ride dream being crushed I was belittled to just setting in the future car of dreams.

That guy sounds like a bonehead. Lucky you just sat in it instead of asking.

ewill3rd
06-09-08, 07:31 AM
The pre-production street model they brought to V day said "not saleable" in big letters on the door plackard.
I suspect that was another one. They can't run them on the street. :(
It is a beautiful car, although personally I wish they'd tweak the front bumper a tad.
Too much lower grille. Wouldn't stop me from buying one if I had the scratch for it.