: *Sigh*

DopeStar 156
06-05-08, 11:31 PM
Apparently this kind of thinking is still around, I can't even laugh at it.....

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!
Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may have gone astray from the Lord.
Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:
-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.(This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively or too little.
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
-Expresses an interest in sex.
-Masturbates
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.
If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.
~St. Mary's Catholic Church

Playdrv4me
06-05-08, 11:34 PM
This kind of religious psycho-babble is what gives anyone who has a belief in Christianity a bad name. Like anything else though, there are always fanatical nuts... Like the guy who's gonna buy that Yellow on Yellow '83 Cimarron in Dwight's thread "because it's a Cadillac" :p

93DevilleUSMC
06-05-08, 11:42 PM

What a bunch of mindless drivel. Most of the so-called warning signs are things that just about any normal teen does. And how does asking for alone time imply communication with evil spirits? Maybe it allows communication with a girlfriend or boyfriend, and any of us with any sense know that the topic is NOT going to be about evil spirits.

DopeStar 156
06-05-08, 11:50 PM
If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.
This is the worst part.....

93DevilleUSMC
06-05-08, 11:51 PM
This is the worst part.....

Yeah, run by abusive nuns. Right.

illumina
06-05-08, 11:53 PM
-Masturbates

Three times a day!

gary88
06-05-08, 11:56 PM
Stay away from that "Count Dracula cereal"

illumina
06-06-08, 12:06 AM
Stay away from that "Count Dracula cereal"

Count Chocula, Frankenberrie, and there was another one that I can't remember...Any thoughts?

DopeStar 156
06-06-08, 12:11 AM
Count Chocula, Frankenberrie, and there was another one that I can't remember...Any thoughts?

Booberry.....

illumina
06-06-08, 12:18 AM
Booberry.....

Yes! I thank you sir. Now go worship the Lord and repent for knowing of such evil cereals!

TomDeville
06-06-08, 12:28 AM
Booberry Indeed!

Hey Dope; don't you go
to St. Mary's @ times?

:cool2:

DopeStar 156
06-06-08, 12:32 AM
Booberry Indeed!

Hey Dope; don't you go
to St. Mary's @ times?

:cool2:

Only for breakfast, when I eat my Count Chocula and get my lipstick all over the spoon......

Hail Satan

illumina
06-06-08, 12:39 AM
Hail Satan

:worship:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-06-08, 12:43 AM
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

Did I mention that one of my friends has hair down to his elbows?

dkozloski
06-06-08, 01:05 AM
My friends have hair on their elbows and the palms of their hands.

DopeStar 156
06-06-08, 01:13 AM
Maybe after this someone from St. Mary's will see what I've done and will send out a letter pertaining to just me. How cool would that be? Being an entire parish's arch enemy.......

93DevilleUSMC
06-06-08, 01:32 AM
I'm Mormon, so let me see if I can find one of their articles on me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-06-08, 08:10 AM
Jesus Dopestar, if that article bears any relevance at all, then you're the reincarnation of Satan himself!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-06-08, 09:12 AM
Being an entire parish's arch enemy.......

Haha. That just made my day.

EcSTSatic
06-06-08, 11:23 AM
That list seems to be all over the internet as far back as '05. Let's get the facts straight before pointing fingers! http://www.tfproject.org/tfp/showthread.php?t=91271

:bsflag:

93DevilleUSMC
06-06-08, 12:48 PM
That list seems to be all over the internet as far back as '05. Let's get the facts straight before pointing fingers! http://www.tfproject.org/tfp/showthread.php?t=91271

:bsflag:

Any idea where it originated? That forum is only quoting it.

EcSTSatic
06-06-08, 12:55 PM
Any idea where it originated? That forum is only quoting it.

Nope. From what I've read, it has supposedly originated from different sources. St Mary's of Colorado Springs gets most of the blame and they deny it. I have not been able to find an unaltered example.

93DevilleUSMC
06-06-08, 01:17 PM
Nope. From what I've read, it has supposedly originated from different sources. St Mary's of Colorado Springs gets most of the blame and they deny it. I have not been able to find an unaltered example.

Hmmm.

ejguillot
06-06-08, 02:47 PM
Look at it this way: if five or more entries are all it takes to be considered a goth, then 99% of the people in this country would qualify as such. Including me! :highfive:

Let's lock up that bible banging 1%!!! :thepan: There's something wrong with those freaks!

gothicaleigh
06-06-08, 03:18 PM

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070414/capt.7a587ec43fa9401ba08951b26bdbbc13.pope_s_impac t_on_america_ny357.jpg

Gothiness of note:
-Carries a dead thing on a stick
-Dark or old fashioned clothing
-Pasty complexion and sunken eyes
-Often heard speaking of death, performing arcane rituals, and lamenting the eternal angst of others

Verdict:
Gother Than Thou

mighty_quad4
06-06-08, 03:25 PM
Gother Than Thou

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070414/capt.7a587ec43fa9401ba08951b26bdbbc13.pope_s_impac t_on_america_ny357.jpg

Gothiness of note:
-Carries a dead thing on a stick
-Dark or old fashioned clothing
-Pasty complexion and sunken eyes
-Often heard speaking of death, rituals, and eternal angst

thats only 4 things. you need to do 5 things in order to be Gothic. youre in the clear!

i wonder, can you do 1 thing 5 times and be considered Goth?

gothicaleigh
06-06-08, 03:30 PM
thats only 4 things. you need to do 5 things in order to be Gothic. youre in the clear!

i wonder, can you do 1 thing 5 times and be considered Goth?

There are only four because I felt that the gothic cathedrals were too obvious to mention.

:gothiraspberry:

eldorado99
06-06-08, 06:42 PM

"Excuse me shopkeep? Where are the Burns-o's? ... *Reaches for box of Count Chocula* Well, I suppose this looks a BIT like me..."

Jesda
06-06-08, 08:15 PM
I remember the gothtards back in high school.

Emo is the new way to be outwardly sad. At least the gothtards had some decent music.

dkozloski
06-06-08, 08:27 PM
We didn't have time for that kind of crap when I was a kid. We were too busy being kids.

chubbyranger
06-06-08, 10:35 PM
Keep in mind this is all brought to you by people who think the Bible is the Factory Service Manual of life.

DopeStar 156
06-06-08, 10:55 PM
Jesus Dopestar, if that article bears any relevance at all, then you're the reincarnation of Satan himself!

Hmmmm "Jesus DopeStar." What can I do with this.......

:halo:|:lildevil: