: Passlock problem on 99 escalade

brb132163
06-05-08, 01:35 PM
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and joined hoping to find some information on the passlock security system on my 99 escalade. I did a search for passlock but nothing popped up that was similar to my problem so here I go. Occasionally the "Security" light will come on but usually goes away once I shut off the engine and restart. The irritating thing is that about once every two weeks or so, (I have only owned the vehicle since Jan 08) I get in and turn the key on and the security light blinks, if this happens it will start up but immediately shuts down because the fuel system shuts down. I understand that this is how the passlock system works. I have two different keys, one factory and one standard aftermarket, both seem to have the same notches and the problem happens with both keys. Usually if I leave the caddy sit for 15-30 minutes it will start again. I had it towed to the dealer the first time it happened and all they did was change the battery cables because they looked corroded. Apparently the computer didn't show that anything was wrong with the security system. Its getting real annoying because I never know if it will start or not. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

GatorGirl99
09-10-12, 01:30 PM
I have had similar problems with my Passlock system. I also have a 99 Escalade and it took me a while to figure out what it was and to have it fixed. It was so frustrating because I would never know when the car would start and when it wouldn't. I wish I could have the darn thing removed.

chasewhatever23
09-10-12, 02:34 PM
You might want to check out "vats bypass".

CBrady001
09-10-12, 02:35 PM
One of your keys...probably the aftermarket key is bordering on the incorrect resistance, it is confusing the passlock module.

You CAN bypass the Passlock! rather than explain how to do this my recommendation is to go to a Car Stereo shop that installs Remote Starters, ask them to bypass your passlock, all it takes is measuring the resistance on the passlock wires with the key in and "on", then cutting the passlock wires and connecting the 2 ends that go to the module (Away from the Ignition switch) and solder them together with a exact or VERY close resistor. DONE!

CBrady001
09-10-12, 02:36 PM
You might want to check out "vats bypass".

Its NOT a VATS system, Bypassing is different.

chasewhatever23
09-11-12, 09:06 PM
Cbrady it's the SAME concept! The only MAJOR diff. Is one will cut power to the coil/s and the other cuts power to the fuel pump. There's a company online that sells a by pass box.