: I want to see Wall E so bad.....

The Tony Show
06-04-08, 09:07 PM
I can't wait for this movie. Pixar are absolute geniuses, and this looks to be another masterpiece. For the uninitiated, check out Trailer #3 and the Vignette here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle/hd/

Wall E has so much character, yet supposedly all he says for the entire film is either "Wall E" or "Woah". Awesome. Some more buzz here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36962

CadillacSTS42005
06-04-08, 09:16 PM
looks cute
something to take the GF too
def not the boyz tho lol

gary88
06-04-08, 09:32 PM
Wall E watches you when you sleep :pwn:

That CGI is uber good though.

thebigjimsho
06-04-08, 10:21 PM
Seeing this preview before Indy, I wanted to see it too. But there was actually about a half dozen movies I want to see in coming months, which is amazing with the dearth of movies lately...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-05-08, 09:36 AM
Looks good. Been a while since I have seen a decent movie in the theater. Like Jimshow said, there are other movies I want to see too. Zohan for one, because I love Adam Sandler movies. Get Smart is another because I really liked the orignal TV show. And for some reason The Happening has caught my attention. I didn't much like I am Legend and its seems they would be pretty close to each other, but for some reason I want to see it.

The Tony Show
06-05-08, 09:45 AM
Early reviews of The Happening say that it's painfully bad- even worse than Lady in the Water, which no one thought possible.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-05-08, 10:12 AM
Well everyone like I am Legend, but I didn't, so maybe I will see something in this movie that the critics don't.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-05-08, 11:41 AM
I also long to see Get Smart and I plan on seeing Step Brothers when it comes out in the end of July.

dwight.j.carter
06-05-08, 12:37 PM
Wow that does look really good. I may take the girlfriend to see it.

Brett
06-05-08, 01:06 PM
My daughter is a big fan of toy story, nemo, shrek etc. This one we are gonna skip for now....the lack of dialogue looks like it would be pretty boring....plus CGI is getting so good, its losing its cartoonish look.

The Tony Show
06-05-08, 02:38 PM
My daughter is a big fan of toy story, nemo, shrek etc. This one we are gonna skip for now....the lack of dialogue looks like it would be pretty boring....plus CGI is getting so good, its losing its cartoonish look.

See Buster Keaton or Charlie Chaplin for examples of how hysterical a film can be with limited or no dialogue. Wall E has more expression is his eyes and body language than most human actors, and I think he will tell an amazing story.

I've read several reviews that say (surprisingly) that Wall E has a lot of morality to it. There's reportedly a cautionary tale about technology and material greed and waste woven throughout- not enough to distract the kids, but a real treat for the thinking viewer. I'm mega stoked.

Chicano-Mexicano
06-05-08, 02:42 PM
See Buster Keaton or Charlie Chaplin for examples of how hysterical a film can be with limited or no dialogue.

Thats true, you can't go wrong with Chaplin or Keaton though I prefer the Three Stooges preferably with Curly or possibly Shemp but I draw the line at fat joe or what ever the hell his name was.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-05-08, 04:20 PM
Laurel and Hardy FTW as far as I'm concerned.

Chicano-Mexicano
06-05-08, 06:20 PM
Laurel and Hardy FTW as far as I'm concerned.

All so good, especially the one where the move the piano thats just classic.

Lord Cadillac
06-05-08, 07:43 PM
CGI is getting so good, its losing its cartoonish look.

You're not kidding. I'm waiting for a new Bruce Lee movie...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-05-08, 07:44 PM
And I'm anxiously awaiting the return of John Holmes.

dwight.j.carter
06-29-08, 04:18 PM
So did anyone go see it ?
I saw it got top at the box office this weekend.

Rolex
06-29-08, 09:38 PM
It sucked. The wife and I took the kid to see it yesterday and I didn't like it much at all. Last weekend the kid couldn't take her eyes off the screen when we went to see Kung Foo Panda. This movie didn't capture her attention, and didn't really capture mine either.

There's very little dialogue for the majority of the film, and it's got Disney's typical "we're killing the earth" agenda attached to it in a major way. I'd give it * out of *****

thebigjimsho
06-30-08, 12:31 AM
Kung Foo Panda was a riot!

The Tony Show
06-30-08, 09:26 AM
It sucked. The wife and I took the kid to see it yesterday and I didn't like it much at all. Last weekend the kid couldn't take her eyes off the screen when we went to see Kung Foo Panda. This movie didn't capture her attention, and didn't really capture mine either.

There's very little dialogue for the majority of the film, and it's got Disney's typical "we're killing the earth" agenda attached to it in a major way. I'd give it * out of *****

Wow- that's pretty harsh. It currently has a Metacritic score of 97%, so I'd say you're in the minority on this one.

I still haven't had the opportunity to see it.

Brett
06-30-08, 10:21 AM
See Buster Keaton or Charlie Chaplin for examples of how hysterical a film can be with limited or no dialogue. .

My daughter would likely be bored by them as well. I find it hard to believe a 4 year old would be able to keep attention to a silent movie for any length of time.

Rolex
06-30-08, 03:12 PM
Wow- that's pretty harsh. It currently has a Metacritic score of 97%, so I'd say you're in the minority on this one.

I still haven't had the opportunity to see it.

I still give it a Rolecritic score of * out of ***** ;)

I think I chuckled once during the whole movie. See it and get back to me.

Rolex
06-30-08, 03:14 PM
My daughter would likely be bored by them as well. I find it hard to believe a 4 year old would be able to keep attention to a silent movie for any length of time.

This was true of my 3 year old. :yawn:

RunningOnEMT
06-30-08, 03:30 PM
i loved it... but its not a movie for younger kids, there's a lot of themes that they just won't get and its not stimulating enough

the cockroach is the most "verbal" character for the first 40 minutes.

Its a fun movie but you need to be a little more mature than the crowd for the first couple pixar movies

http://electricityandlust.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/wall-e.jpg

jey
06-30-08, 04:43 PM
I think I chuckled once during the whole movie. See it and get back to me.

Saw it and loved the movie. Was skeptical at first too how they can make this entertaining with so little dialogue, but humans come back into the picture later in the movie and it got really good.

You're right though - I didn't burst out laughing multiple times in the movie like I did with every single other Pixar. This one is different, and in my opinion not in a bad way. Perhaps it's because I have always liked robots and outer space.

I can't remember ever seeing so much life and emotion in robots. Pixar has done an excellent job - I think this was more difficult than talking toys, bugs, and fish, and monsters, and they did it well.