: Best service dept in Chicago.

Da Dark Jedi
06-03-08, 02:55 PM
I'm interested in buying a caddy, haven't figured out which one yet. I need to know which dealership have the better sevice department. I'm on the southside of Chicago, so I'll be doing my service where I buy. I'm looking at the South burbs as well as Hammond, Ind... I called one Caddy dealer who said their labor hour charges varies from $114.00-$150.00 depending on the problem.

Anyadike
06-11-08, 01:49 AM
I'm interested in buying a caddy, haven't figured out which one yet. I need to know which dealership have the better sevice department. I'm on the southside of Chicago, so I'll be doing my service where I buy. I'm looking at the South burbs as well as Hammond, Ind... I called one Caddy dealer who said their labor hour charges varies from $114.00-$150.00 depending on the problem.

Well, as a rule, you will be paying more than you want to get work done at the dealership. Just ask them how much for a oil change, just to get a taste.

I bought my car on the Southside at Rizza Cadillac in Tinley Park. Had some warranty work done there and would rate their service department as good to very good. I remember they treated me well (this was back in '05), and I liked their customer service.

I was living in Oak Park, so I started taking the CTS to Foley Rice Cadillac in 2006. I was stunned by the horrible customer service and bad work. I needed multiple trips to get items satisfactorily repaired, and was even called in to pick-up my car before it was done - they gave me the car with the old dash-unit in place (this was the old 2003 dashes with the analog clock that never kept correct time). I complained to the dealership, and wasted my time. I called Cadillac and they sent me free oil-changes for a year, but the treatment never improved. I finally started going to Grossinger Auto City in 2007, and Foley Rice went out of business.

I've been going to Grossinger Cadillac for over a year now (they're in Chicago, though - how far south are you?), and was initially very impressed with them (after Foley Rice), but now, overall I would rate them good or very good. They don't always offer a car rental with their Certified-Pre-owned program, but they were always very courteous and always professional. But honestly, while they only need to do the repair work once to get the problem fixed, the quotes I've gotten on non-warranty work have been outrageous, at times. I've been going to them for Warranty work (I believe in maximizing my warranty) only, and have been taking my car to the Oak Park Firestone for other service-work (It's where I took my last car, and they were always willing to negotiate a discount above the frequent coupon discounts I receive in the mail or off their website) - I know it's more of a risk to get it done somewhere that doesn't specialize in Cadillacs (they usually need warning to pre-order the required parts) but the last time I had the work done there (for ceramic brake pads and rotor replacement - autocross racing is tough on a CTS), it saved me over 50% off of my quote from the dealership.

Sorry if I babbled too much in this response... :-)

Da Dark Jedi
07-02-08, 12:06 AM
Thanks Anyadike, thats the kind of details I want. I'm on the SouthSide near 85th & Cottage Grove. I see Caddys every 3 minutes. With all the techno stuff thats packed into them I have to make sure about repairs. Sorry for the delay in answering, your the first person in the area that answered. My wife says SRX (we need the room), I like the STS or the STS-V series. If you want to "babble on", I'm all ears. Please continue!

Anybody else... chime in!

cvpiftw
07-03-08, 03:01 PM
Rizza focks cars up.

I have a independent mechanic I personally deal with that knows his stuff and has a tech 2. He deals with alot of dealer outsourcing (but i didnt say that) and has good techs.

dieselp
08-05-08, 05:30 PM
i have had good luck with arine bauer in matteson i have a 2005 cts v and they treat me well and keep me updated while car is in for service. they have one of the highest level tech's there i forget the title but they have been good to me so far.

SkullV
08-06-08, 02:38 AM
Schepel Cadillac in Merillville, IN IS the best service department in the Midwest. They have the most world class and gold class techs in the midwest and have a VERY friendly staff of service writers.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
08-08-08, 03:00 AM
Heritage Cadillac in Lombard. So far its the only place that hasn't treated me like sh*t because of my age when I walk in and ask for a part.

gary88
08-08-08, 12:15 PM
I swear by Ettleson Cadillac in Hodgkins. (Actually now it's Ettleson Cadillac-Pontiac-Buick-GMC :wtf:)

cmmjake
09-20-08, 01:52 PM
Can you please e-mail me the name of your Private Cad Mechanic. I have a Catera that needs work and am tired of dealerships. shark10@att.net

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
09-21-08, 01:05 AM
I also highly recommend AMS Automotive in Downers Grove on the corner of Belmont and Maple Ave. I have had my car there a few times and they do great work. They wear gloves whenever they have to drive it or get inside. The price they quote you before hand for the work is, about 95% of the time, the price you pay. It may be different if they find something else broken, but it will not change for extra labor. When I had the rear brake lines done I was charged for 3.5 hours labor even though it took the mechanic close to 6 to get it done.

Sporty883
01-21-09, 05:04 PM
I got my 92 DeVille's oil changed today at Heritage Cadillac in Lombard. Took 2 hours and didn't get my car washed like others. Did I not get a free wash b/c of the year? Either way, never going back there again if it takes 2 hrs to change the oil.